• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Flash Gordon - Saviour of the Earth Edition

Right, I confirmation that the re uploaded part will not match the previous files; a full re up is needed and will be done asap.

I wish this wasnt the case, but hey MU is a great service!

So admins (yeah making the mod happy about observing those very important semantics :p ), to send the new dlc I think that filling out the submit form again would be redundant; could I just send it over the former gmail method?

That would be fine Havok, I agree that a new form would be silly. Let me know if you have any problems.

L8wrtr said:
That would be fine Havok, I agree that a new form would be silly. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks L8, files have been reuploaded and the new dlc sent to the gmail account.

.info has been updated.
This edit should be available now. :)

Tell us if there are still any trouble.

When I went to download it, JDownloader said it is 100% offline.

I'm getting this message:

offline>File not found

Maybe the old dlc got online again by mistake?

there is indeed a problem I can't solve by myself right now.
Fu..

Anything I can do help with getting the proper dlc published?

Strange, now it works fine... I really don't understand, but well I guess it's okay.
the .dlc file must be dated july the 25, this is the right one.

The link from the "E-I" list on info still is broken t me (the file I get is only 1k, and do not open).
So the only working link for now is the one on the main info page. Under the cover art.

Also a PM was exchanged between me and blueyoda about it, he'll help us out with the link updating.

Fuck... someone just reported that there are only 41 .rar files, where they should be 45 if I recall well.
If this is the case sorry again... (kind of doomed release).
I'll check it tonight.

Okay...
.dlc is updated, should now contains the 45 .rar files.
:faint:

TMBTM said:
Okay...
.dlc is updated, should now contains the 45 .rar files.
:faint:

Thanks! I hope that everyone interested will get it and perhaps share a review :)

I just tried again to download and the download keeps failing. It says "file not found" and I redownloaded this from the .info page and deleted the other links to avoid any mix ups.

I sense Ming is behind all of the problems.....

It's online, downloadable and all 45 files are online.
Maybe try to refresh your page, or click F5, I don't know.
It's there.
At least 3 people succeeded in downloading the .rar and said the 45 files are online.

PM sent to musiced921, hope that helps...

all 45 present and accounted for. Downloading while I'm at work.

This review is based on my opinions and my personal veiwing experience, nothing is meant as an attack. Spoiler warning.

I think Havok has achieved what he set out to do, wich is make a leaner, meaner, Flash Gordon edit! I noticed one audio glitch but nothing that ruined the experience. I REALLY wish that the opening starfield shot (from superman?) would have blended in smoother with the opening credits because the combination of the movies score/starfield image is just PERFECT, and i think it is more than possible to achive this with some AVIsynth trickery, Maybe if Havok finds some extra energy he could make a v2 that fixes these few issues, and I offer my help with the starfield/credits stuff if its needed :)

8/10
SIDE NOTES: Right on Havok, keep it up!

Thanks a lot for watching and for your comments Rogue, I'm glad you enjoyed the edit overall.

But I'm a bit surprised by the comments you make about the intro, since every single frame in there came from the original Flash Gordon and nothing from other films. The only thing I did here was removing Ming's nonsense intro including all laughs, dialogue and video clips of monitors on which he monitors the "natural" disasters that he's causing on earth. I wonder why you found the starfield kind of out of place...

Also, mind letting me know the time code for the audio blip you noticed? I thought I'd caught the bugs

havok1977 said:
But I'm a bit surprised by the comments you make about the intro, since every single frame in there came from the original Flash Gordon and nothing from other films. The only thing I did here was removing Ming's nonsense intro including all laughs, dialogue and video clips of monitors on which he monitors the "natural" disasters that he's causing on earth.
Also, mind letting me know the time code for the audio blip you noticed? I thought I'd caught the bugs

Ah, thats it. I must be used to the original transition from starfield to ming stuff to credits so when the ming stuff is gone it stands out to me as "different". I thought for sure it was from superman, lol.

I'll watch it again tonight to find where that glitch i heard was, im pretty sure its near the end, but i watched it the other day so i could be wrong (just busy is why i hadn't reviewed it until now :) ) Will post when i find it :)

Back
Top Bottom