• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Eyes Wide Shut: The Eyepainter Fanedit

Just went into a long rant about Leon Vitali and the damned aspect ratio controversy on the commentary track.

Very nice to see this edit moving along. I can only think of two that I have waited longer for that might actually get finished. A certain edit of the one of the greatest love stories of all time by @Declan1974 and the third episode in a trilogy of ridiculous Star Wars edits by @TV's Frink.

Very nice to see this edit moving along. I can only think of two that I have waited longer for that might actually get finished. A certain edit of the one of the greatest love stories of all time by @Declan1974 and the third episode in a trilogy of ridiculous Star Wars edits by @TV's Frink.

This is the first time I've heard that TV's Frink is working on Episode III, and I couldn't be more excited! I've never seen Somewhere in Time, as I usually have a hard time sitting through most love stories without cringing, but a lot of people seem to love it. I might give it a watch just because.

Anyway, commentary track is now at the hotel scene.

Just finished talking about Alan Cumming's performance in the commentary track.

I've never seen Somewhere in Time, as I usually have a hard time sitting through most love stories without cringing, but a lot of people seem to love it. I might give it a watch just because.
Somewhere in Time is one of the only pure love stories that I absolutely love. It's the time travel element utilized so perfectly.

Somewhere in Time is one of the only pure love stories that I absolutely love. It's the time travel element utilized so perfectly.
I don't want to hijack Eyepainter's thread, but for anyone who likes Somewhere in Time let me recommend 1948's Portrait of Jennie, my favorite romance movie ever. Usually I don't much care for romance movies, but this is FAR from a typical one (just like Somewhere in Time).

You had me at "Jane Seymour".

Eyepainter, I'm in awe of how undeniably deliberate this project feels. I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing) it.

Well, I finally saw it. I will say that it is one of the better made love stories I've come across. But I tend to watch movies with my brain turned on and my heart turned off, and that was probably the wrong thing to do, because I thought Christopher Reeve's character was kind of a creep. In fact, I actually rooted for Christopher Plummer's character at the beginning (although I'll agree that he took it too far as the film went on). Still, I liked the film on a technical level enough that I was able to excuse my own issues with the film.

I don't want to hijack Eyepainter's thread, but for anyone who likes Somewhere in Time let me recommend 1948's Portrait of Jennie, my favorite romance movie ever. Usually I don't much care for romance movies, but this is FAR from a typical one (just like Somewhere in Time).

Never heard of this one. Also looks interesting. I'll see if I can check it out.

Eyepainter, I'm in awe of how undeniably deliberate this project feels. I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing) it.

Thanks! I hope it meets your expectations!

Moving back on topic, I've finished talking about the biggest chunk of footage I removed from my edit. I'm now at the spy scene for my commentary track.

Just finished commenting my way through the remainder of Act II. Now I just have to comment my way through Act III from here on out.

So...we are looking at a Christmas release?

Why, of course, Art! After all, this film is good clean fun for the whole family!

About halfway through my explanation for keeping Ziegler's pool table discussion with Bill. Thinking about what to say for the other 50 percent.

Im a complete newbie here đź‘‹ I understand that contributing or being active in 'IN-THE-WORKS' discussions is a good place to start. I saw this thread and it caught my eye, would be interested to check out your work once the eagle has landed. Really liking the cover art with eyes scratched over, I have many suggestions for older films full of symbolism and occult themes if anyones interested.

Im a complete newbie here đź‘‹ I understand that contributing or being active in 'IN-THE-WORKS' discussions is a good place to start. I saw this thread and it caught my eye, would be interested to check out your work once the eagle has landed. Really liking the cover art with eyes scratched over, I have many suggestions for older films full of symbolism and occult themes if anyones interested.

Welcome to the forum, Swithap! I hope this edit lives up to your expectations! The commentary track is about 90 percent complete, and because I hate recording my own voice, combined with other projects I'm working on, combined with me getting some more education, this edit has been in-the-works for quite a while (Maybe I'll take Wraith's suggestion and stick to text-only commentaries next time). Fortunately, once the commentary track is complete, I will be getting the edit submitted for review, which will hopefully be soon.

As for your interest in giving suggestions for older films with occult themes, I believe that's what the fanedit ideas discussion topic is for. You can create your own thread and share your suggestions with other members there.

Thanks for taking the time to give a warm welcome, Eyepainter! Most folks say they hate there own voice hey, im sure it wont be the case for the viewer. Its great to see all the great contributions going on here from other members. Good luck with the remainder of your project, i will be sure to keep an eye out for the announcement of its release. One thing i highly recommend looking up if you havent come across already is the observations of Sean McCann, he has some vids on Kubrick on youtube.

Just talked about the last editing change I've made to the film. Now I just have to record some final thoughts and a conclusion to my commentary track.

Ladies and gentlemen, the commentary track is now 100% complete! 🥳

It's taken an inhumanely long time to work on, but it's finished, and that means we should be looking at this edit getting sent for submission! I will now begin work on the special thanks for everyone who assisted or helped out, and prepare for the export stage, all of which should be much faster than the commentary track.

So, my apologies, Art! I'm afraid this edit is gonna be going for a summer release instead of that Christmas release.

Last edited:
Just gave the edit a test. I found some inconsistent brightness changes between the many different film overlays, so I'm correcting those issues now. The audio commentary turned out just fine. Gonna give the edit a second test over the weekend.

Just finished the second test. Everything looks good now! I'm gonna add a chapter selection I forgot to include, tag ArtisDead's uncensored poster to the file, look for any finishing touches I forgot to add, and prepare to export the file for submission.

I almost forgot. The uncensored version is some of my best work. The censored version is okay. The censored version of the censored version is even okay. But the uncensored version is the best version! Say that real fast and my good friend, @Eyepainter will send you a special link to the uncensored version.

Back
Top Bottom