• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Eyes Wide Shut: The Eyepainter Fanedit

You learn something new everyday, i never knew that - maybe something there to talk about during your commentary. Schostakowitsch was an enemy of Stalin, a dangerous game he played at the time.
It is generally accepted that Shostakovich heard the song, which is kind of a traditional folk song that goes back to the mid-19th century, from Spaniard exiles in 1930s Russia that had flown the Spanish Civil War. If his waltz (which is from 1956) was conscient plagiarism or if it was just that the song got stuck in his head and he forgot where he got it, maybe even convincing himself that the melody was something he himself had come up with years before, is something we'll never know.

Commentated my way through more than half the argument scene now.

Completed my commentary for the Sonata Cafe! Now, on to comment on a certain costume shop!

Hopefully I'm not too late on the poster idea part of the thread

6jL6FnK.jpg

Almost finished with my commentary during the Mr. Milyich scene.

So... how does an eye painter paint eyes while the eyes are wide shut anyway?

Awwwww...color me confused. A Scribbler would understand how to scribble letters (for example-"Help me, im trapped in this tower!"), but would they really understand the skill required to be an Eyepainter?

The commentary for the uncut and uncensored Somerton scene begins. Pray for my sanity as I try to find 20 minutes' worth of things to say.

I don't know how I did it, but I think I'm almost done commenting my way through the nice family-friendly scene at the mansion. Having a lot to say about whether the theatrical version was Kubrick's final cut or not helped a lot. This also means that I'm now more than halfway through the commentary track now. šŸ„³

Back
Top Bottom