• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Eternals – The Apostasy Edit

Discharge has more than one meaning and the other one is pretty uncomfortable. Not to dissuade you, but please consider it before doing anything drastic.

Which is why I wondered how it would be received in the non-service communities. When you say "Discharged" for those who had been in the military or peace corps they think of what I linked but I wasn't sure if our culture was steeped enough in martial tradition to have the same connection. I know there aren't as many war movies as there once was and the percentage of people who choose to serve in any fashion (LE, Fire, Med, Military, Volunteer) is shrinking.

Great point.
“Discharged” is better than “discharge” lol
But the military parallels are also strong in this edit’s narrative, and even a small incorporation of some thread of that perspective could add awesome meaning.

Can’t promise anything but I will definitely be brainstorming on all this!!

Discharged doesn't look right visually when aligned with the other cards. It doesn't sound right when you say it with the other cards. Every other point has merit in regard to the parallelism mentioned.

Last edited:
Agreed.
As is, it wouldn’t fit. But I am now thinking of maybe another card can change slightly, or some other way to give a nod to the military.

It might not work, and the parallels between the two may just need to be inferred. But still worth exploring for sure.

"It is time..."
-Ajax, "Eternals" (2021)

eternals-battle-v2-jpg.2063

@lapis molari and I will be releasing our edits this weekend! Thank you to Lapis Molari for the inspiration and motivation for a "Battle of the Eternals Edits", and Artisdead, SIUse, Addiesin, LifeInContext for great feedback and ideas! This project has been a blast.

After some response that my initial trailer seems like it mixes Infinity War with Eternals, I have updated it to only have Eternals footage.

My only question for Trailer v2: are the large font statements that come on screen more interesting as statements or as questions? If the trailer asks "Is Love Greater Than Faith?" then I expect watching your edit will get me the answer.

Hmmm, I initially posed them as statements, but I will ponder on that!

"Love Can Be Greater Than Faith." I'm not sure that I would use a subjective absolute in regard to anything faith. Someone might view "Love is Greater Than Faith" as pejorative. Just saying...

Last edited:
Love the feedback! So maybe like this:
  • "Reject Your Elders"
  • "Question Your Beliefs" (and then follow it with a question)
  • "Is Love Greater than Faith?" ("Love can be greater than faith" seems too... indecisive?)
Open to more options for the three lines!

Man I am excited for this! Just picked up my 4K Blu-ray copy of Eternals and had planned on messing around with it, but it seems like you found a more creative approach that really improves on the narrative. Can’t wait to see it!

Holy crap!! Thank you @JosephDQuinn SOOO MUCH for the first review of Eternals, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it - especially that the characters meant more!!

Lapis also noted a couple audio issues a am addressing, so know I am on it!!

But I am just so happy the intentions of the edit landed!! Hell yeah!!

This is my go to version of Eternals going forward and I would concur with the previous review. The restructuring works extremely well, giving the viewer just the right amount of information re Arashem’s intentions without ruining the later reveal about how much the different Eternals knew. Approaching the edit from the Apostasy perspective is both creative and beneficial to the overall viewing experience. The trims, while minimal, are effective and, with the exception of one audio transition in the Amazon, are not noticeable. I enjoyed the inclusion of the deleted scenes, but would have liked to have seen that set in the museum between Sprite and Dane. The rescoring will come down to personal taste in terms of the song choices. I thought most worked very well (particularly Massive Attack), although I did find them to be fractionally too loud & overpowering in places (this may be due to my sound set up/headphones). Not Marvel’s best but, given what has been achieved here to improve the movie, the edit comes highly recommended.

This is awesome!!! Thank you for the great review @stferguson78 !! I am so glad the narrative is hitting!!!

@stferguson78 did you by chance watch v3.03 or 3.04? I have dialed the music down as much as possible for the London and Amazon song rescores, but unfortunately the center channel isn't perfect for these scenes, and lowering the new score any more in certain parts of these scenes starts letting the original melodies venture in.

I'm planning on honing these scenes a bit more to achieve an even better cinematic audio quality, but I felt it was good enough to release currently. I hope you feel the same way!

Last edited:
Absolutely no doubt that it was high enough standard to release. I watched version 3.03, I hadn’t realised there was a further update but I would very much like to see it. Are you planning a version 3.05?

Just dropped the 3.04, I feel better about the audio levels!

Last edited:
Really looking forward to finding a good price on the disc so I can see your edit! The reviews make it sound like you've hit your target and I hope it will resonate with me as much.

I usually just pull from the bargain bin of eBay - Eight or nine bucks on average over there for used Blu-rays, less than a movie ticket!

Thank you so much @Blasting Wall for the amazing review!!!

I agree about the audio and this edit is next on the list to try to refine the new songs better. The complexity is higher on these than anything I've done yet but even if it means complete refoley, I am ready to do it.

I just love this edit so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom