• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Eternals – The Apostasy Edit

I like Answers instead of Truth.

For "Letting Go". A word that has roughly the same meaning as New Day? Dawn.

Edit: sorry I edited it :whistle:

Last edited:
Been getting great ideas through email from @Problem Eliminator , thank you! They got me on a Queen kick, and the credit music has changed to Queens "I Want To Break Free!" So awesome!! (The credits music has been constantly changing actually. I am trying to capture *just the right vibe and lyrics* to close out this epic.

I'm also putting the final polish on the edit. It amazing how stuff that works when I'm at my desk, just doesn't "feel" quite right from my couch. So minor tweaks continue. I'm also trying to address any major plot issues discussed online. For instance, Arishem no longer admits to Sersi that the Deviants' evolution was a mistake. (That would be weird if he keep making a mistake over and over.) Now, without that admission, it now makes more sense that the process is just a repeatable cycle. So, things like that.

I am hoping to have previews available by this weekend!

Been getting great ideas through email from @Problem Eliminator , thank you! They got me on a Queen kick, and the credit music has changed to Queens "I Want To Break Free!" So awesome!! (The credits music has been constantly changing actually. I am trying to capture *just the right vibe and lyrics* to close out this epic.

I'm also putting the final polish on the edit. It amazing how stuff that works when I'm at my desk, just doesn't "feel" quite right from my couch. So minor tweaks continue. I'm also trying to address any major plot issues discussed online. For instance, Arishem no longer admits to Sersi that the Deviants' evolution was a mistake. (That would be weird if he keep making a mistake over and over.) Now, without that admission, it now makes more sense that the process is just a repeatable cycle. So, things like that.

I am hoping to have previews available by this weekend!
Can't wait!!! :)

Another minor edit - while on the plane, Sersi mentions she can turn rock into wood... but thats a little too close to changing things that are alive, so thats gone.

Also, something thats been bothering me - when Sersi and Icarus are discussing the fate of Tiamut in the canyon, Sersi puts her hand over Icarus', mirroring what he did when he admitted his feelings to Sersi in BC times. In the original edit, they hooked up after that gesture. Does this mean that after the gesture in the canyon in modern times, they might have hooked up again? Icarus just did profess his continued love of Sersi...
  • And then a wild idea occurred to me - what if the sex scene that I removed from BC was reinserted into that canyon conversation in modern times? Sersi would be trying to reconnect with Icarus to save the world, using his love for her. His subsequent betrayal would be even worse! However, I can't characterize Sersi like that while consciously letting Dane love her as well.
But its very possible that a hookup is implied in the original movie, if the parallels are to be drawn. LOL

Am I too deep? I clearly am watching this movie too much!

***Update**

Um... This unused shots from the early trailer suggests YES!
3N5Z5qI.jpg

Wow, now I am now sure HOW to view Sersi! She just really loves LOVE!

Last edited:
Too bad you couldn't use Games People Play by Alan Parsons Project in thus. I actually heard it in my head as I watched the movie the other day.

what if the sex scene that I removed from BC was reinserted into that canyon conversation in modern times? [...] However, I can't characterize Sersi like that while consciously letting Dane love her as well.
Sprite is right: Sersi's not over her ex-boyfriend. Where Sersi says "I moved on", she really means "I've been trying to move on". That makes Whitman the rebound boyfriend. Then it makes (more) sense why Sersi resists moving in with Dane.

Sprite is right: Sersi's not over her ex-boyfriend. Where Sersi says "I moved on", she really means "I've been trying to move on". That makes Whitman the rebound boyfriend. Then it makes (more) sense why Sersi resists moving in with Dane.

Its just such a bummer that he is though. But I guess that plays into their "soap-opera like drama filled relationship" of the comics?

I am pretty much done with Eternals! I am still messing with minor adjustments the fine tuning of the audio levels on some of the rescoring, but I think its in a good enough place to share!

Preview Link Available now! I'd love to know what you think of the overall narrative changes, as well as any technical issues you notice and what audio hardware you are watching with, sound is such a sensitive beast!

I'm really proud of this one, I hope you like it!!

Last edited:
Well...I guess I will check it out since you're such a cool person but...you didn't use any of my song suggestions. I think "Games People Play" could have worked in a couple of different places where a revelation occurred. But...🤔🙄

Just kidding!! 😁😆

This will be a great watch! I'm looking forward to it!

Well...I guess I will check it out since you're such a cool person but...you didn't use any of my song suggestions. I think "Games People Play" could have worked in a couple of different places where a revelation occurred. But...🤔🙄

Just kidding!! 😁😆

This will be a great watch! I'm looking forward to it!
I tried SO HARD to put that song in, I agree its SOOO good!

Latest (mostly) complete cut list!

• Original introduction explanatory text removed, new production credits text added
  • Arishem’s explanation of the universe used as the intro, some shots slowed with Topaz for better pacing
  • Angelic chants added to Domo introduction
  • Removed Sersi first dialogue “It’s Beautiful”
  • Removed father putting obviously fake fish in a bag (he just killed it, and not even a wiggle)
  • Tightened up initial fight scene to remove lingering camera shots of Eternals (we’ll get to know them all soon enough)
  • Removed Ajax healing Icarus (for pacing)
  • Removed Ajax allowing Sersi to reach out to humans
  • Moved Babylon Scenes to right after Marvel Intro reel, continued Pink Floyd’s “Time” song
  • Added “575 BC Babylon” text to beginning of Babylon fight scene
  • Added more sound FX for Kingo’s fireball shots.
  • Removed the original “575 BC Babylon” text with Topaz, added Eternals Title at same point
  • Added more angelic tones for Ajax’s scene with Arishem, and trimmed the dialogue a tiny bit to remove the “status update.”
  • Added “Stage One - Truth” title card to transition from Ajax and Arishem to The Domo
  • Added a guitar cover of “Clair de Lune” for the scene inside the Domo when Phastos introduces the steam engine.
  • Moved up some shots of Icarus and Sersi flirting before Icarus asks Ajax for permission
  • added score "The Epic Of Gilgamesh In Sumerian" flowing from Sersi and Ikaris flirting into the party scene, leaving only the admission of feelings until after.
  • removed Ajax telling Icarus to admit his feelings to Sersi
  • Removed “I am beautiful” translation error interaction between Icarus and Sersi” and her gift of the rock, and removed their sex scene. (Hopefully implying their love grows slower)
  • Moved Tenochtitlan scenes to right after the wedding
  • new title card “Stage Two - Doubt” added to Tenochtitlan scene introduction
  • Tenochtitlan scenes brightened
  • Recut scene with Gilgamesh assuming responsibility for Athena after Ajax tells the rest of the Eternals to go live their own lives (for better pacing and easier transition to modern times.)
  • Moved Present Day London Scenes to after Tenochtitlan scene
  • used Pearl Jam’s “Release Me” as the transition music to Present Day London
  • added “Stage Three - Growth” title card to London introduction
  • Added Massive Attack’s Angel intro beats to Deviants first London intro with the bum and his dog
  • Slightly tightened when a Deviant first spots Sersi, Sprite and Dane (for pacing)
  • Added Massive Attack’s “Angel” to London Deviant encounter
  • Trimmed Sersi and Sprite jumping up to bridge level a little bit
  • Removed Sersi turning bus into flower petals
  • Added laser eyes to Ikaris exiting damaged shop
  • Used Topaz to enlarge and recross shot of Dane, Sersi and Sprite regrouping after Ikaris’s arrival
  • Removed Dane introducing himself to Icarus, cuts straight to “Well, I guess you must be the pilot.”
  • London scenes followed by South Dakota
  • “Stage Four - Questions” title card to present day South Dakota
  • South Dakota present day scenes brightened
  • South Dakota’s “Present Day” text removed with Topaz and After Effects
  • Added Angelic death song theme to Ajax’s death
  • Trimmed out Ikaris insinuating that Sersi’s interaction with Arishem was just mahd wy'ry
  • South Dakota scenes followed by Mumbai
  • Mumbi “Present Day” text removed with Topaz Upscaling to crop out text, and added "Mumbai" back in
  • Some Mumbi scenes brightened
  • Removed on plane Sersi’s mention she changes rocks into wood (too close to turning a deviant into a tree)
  • Sersi and Arishem scene tightened, universe origin removed from here and moved to intro
  • trimmed some of Arishem’s exposition to Sersi
  • Added “Stage Five - Answers” card after Arishem’s revelation
  • Kingo’s mention about memories trimmed out of candlelit scene
  • Dane trying to call Sersi the first time in the Amazon removed
  • Amazon scenes after Druig church room discussion brightened
  • Amazon fight scene with Deviants rescored with Tool’s “Schism” until Sersi turns a Deviant into a tree
  • Amazon fight scene re-edited for pacing, Kingo and Sprite against a deviant now comes before Sersi and Druig's followers sequence
  • Trimmed Sprite saying "Young Man" to Karun
  • Trimmed Sprite's time stabbing the Deviant, and removed Kingo's "Dashoom" line for better pacing
  • Trimmed Druig telling his followers to head to the caves
  • Enhanced scoring for Gilgamesh’s fight with the Deviant when saving Thena
  • Removed any of Gilgamesh’s dialogue after the Deviant sinks the power-sucking tentacles (to match Ajax’s quick death)
  • Deviant dialogue removed from Amazon scene when it evolves
  • Angelic death song theme added to Gilgamesh’s death after fight
  • Removed Sersi looking at Icarus during funeral shots
  • Removed Sersi discussing Deviant consciousness with Druig
  • Added Japanese music during Hiroshima flashback
  • Removed Phastos saying he was the cause of the atom bomb, instead just being disappointed by humans
  • Removed “Present Day” from Chicago intro scene by cropping and up scaling with Topaz
  • Trimmed “superman” reference in Chicago
  • Removed Ikea reference, added frames of hallway to extend Phastos’s reaction to the broken table
  • Added “Stage Six - Apostasy” title card as Eternals arrive in Iraq
  • Removed comment that Makkari disappeared for centuries
  • Removed Makkari and Kingo discussion about DVDs
  • Removed mention that Phastos was inspired by Deviants stealing their powers
  • Added deleted scene of Sprite and Makkari in Iraq, used Topaz to upscale to 4K, and enhanced audio from Stereo to 5.1
  • Trimmed Sersi and Icarus discussion in the canyon
  • Moved Ajax and Icarus flashback in South Dakota to after Sersi asks why Ajax didn’t choose Icarus to replace her
  • trimmed Ajax explaining why the changed her mind about humans
  • Removed Ajax and Ikaris walking in the Alaska forest
  • Trimmed Ikaris and Ajax dialogue in Alaska
  • removed Phastos working alone on the Unimind
  • Removed team suiting up in the Domo before final fight
  • Removed shot of Druig being buried by Icarus eyebeam
  • Removed Thena, Phastos and Sersi fighting debris
  • Tightened interaction of Sersi and Phastos before she takes off alone to Tiamut
  • Removed some parts of fight with Icarus
  • Removed most Deviant talking to Thena as she enters the cave, added line from Amazon here - “I will kill you all for what you have done to my kind”
  • Tightened dialogue with Deviant and Thena just before she kills it, removed her “I remember” line after (in favor of silent reflection)
  • Slightly reordered scenes when Thena leaves the cave
  • trimmed ikarus escaping Phastos’s chains
  • Reordered of shots of Icarus remembering times with Sersi, and removed Sersi initiating Ikaris to remember
  • removed Ikaris looking back at the earth before flying into the sun
  • Added “Stage Seven - Dawn” title card to South Dakota epilogue scene
  • Removed babysitting dialogue between Phastos and Thena
  • Removed Sersi berating Sprite about her phone addiction
  • Removed Kingo seeing Dane
  • Sersi and Danes dialogue about a giraffe removed.
  • Swapped shots of Eternals with Arishem so that we see Phastos first, then Kingo. Their eyes are whitened to seem like they are in robot mode, so Arishem is only talking to Sersi now.
  • Arishem’s dialogue to Sersi trimmed to be more threatening.
  • Dane’s reaction from the ground removed.
  • “To be continued” text added
  • Alan Parson's Project’s “Games People Play” song used for first half of credits.
  • Credits reordered and speed sometimes changed to better match the music
  • Removed Thena saying they need to go back to Earth.

i think i am mostly done, but i am going to simmer on this a bit until @lapis molari and I release in July together for the "Battle of the Eternals Edits!"

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of your art, Keo...but I really think this is my favorite edit that you have done. I've watched it three times. Very excited to watch the Games People Play cut!

Ahh! So cool, thank you! That is high praise indeed from you!!!

BTW There is a new file at the same link, with Alan!

Thank you for the great feedback @ArtisDead! Thats exactly what I'm going for, that vibe those words have - short, simple, and to the point.

I tried looking at what replacing "Trust" with "Revelations" and the word is just not as pleasing to my eye, I prefer the shorter word ascetically.

Revelations replacing Letting Go also sounds awesome when related to the Bible, as I was a Revelations junkie as a kid - the cool sci-fi part LOL. But it doesn't quite work for the same meaning, IMO. The last stage of grief is Acceptance, and a lot of last stages of trauma recovery is also acceptance or letting go, and I still really want to capture that. Acceptance doesn't seem quite right for our Eternals, not as good as Letting Go, but along those lines. A short word, like most of the others, that conveys the same meaning. I did another search, but so far, Letting Go is most appropriate IMO.

Although I do like the angle of a "New Day" feel that @lapis molari suggested. A shorter word than "New Beginnings" and not as literal as "New Day", but there might be something there that would work too. I'll do more research there, thanks Lapis!

Audio work progressing well, sounds great in headphones. Now on to reviews on a regular TV stereo output and a 5.1 review.

I know your done with this edit but I wanted to mention that when I read what you are seeking that what jumped to my mind was "Discharge" as that feeling of being dropped from one family and purpose into a wide pool of choice with everyone you were once close to going into different directions and someone whom you felt like a sibling may not be seen again matches what I felt after I left the armed services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_discharge

I'm not sure if the connotation outside the prior service community would work? However, the sense of the end of a obligation to a larger purpose transitioning into a feeling of loss and then a growth into something new matches up.

I know your done with this edit but I wanted to mention that when I read what you are seeking that what jumped to my mind was "Discharge" as that feeling of being dropped from one family and purpose into a wide pool of choice with everyone you were once close to going into different directions and someone whom you felt like a sibling may not be seen again matches what I felt after I left the armed services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_discharge

I'm not sure if the connotation outside the prior service community would work? However, the sense of the end of a obligation to a larger purpose transitioning into a feeling of loss and then a growth into something new matches up.
Wow. The depth of meaning here is amazing.

As is, this would work as a card at the end of the tenochtitlan scene, but not quite as good in present day in London due to how much time has passed, and the tenochtitlan scene already has the “Doubt” card leading in.

But damn this adds sooo much depth to the narrative journey, thank you for such great inspiration!! I am definitely going to wrack my brain finding a way to make it work. The parallels are incredible.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom