• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Who: 'Fortress of the Daleks' and 'Invasion of the Daleks'

Thought it was excellent all around.
I enjoyed the resourceful Suzie far more than the dim "adults."
Cushing's doctor ... eh ... better than Pauly Shore playing him, I suppose.

Given all the recent Doctor Who excitement... I thought it was time to finally re-uploaded all 6 "episodes" of this fanedit onto Vimeo. The broken links on the ifdb page have been redirected (password for all is: fanedit.org)...

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/doctor-who-fortress-of-the-daleks-and-invasion-of-the-daleks/

The 5x bonus joke clips have been uploaded too. I may also uploaded both hour-long colour versions too but my upload limit is maxed out right now.

Is the intent with these to be First Doctor stories with the roles recast?

asterixsmeagol said:

Not really but I suppose you can see it how you like. For me, it's more... What if there was an alternate timeline where Peter Cushing was the TV Doctor between Hartnell and Troughton, or instead of? Even that's probably overthinking it.

Peter Cushing is now canon.... sort of...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-WOK7-5jg[/video]

Too bad it did not make it onscreen, it would have been a fun easter egg.
:D

I was browsing a private file sharing site and came across links to this project...but there's a twist, these versions have been fan-edited themselves!

Here's the write up from the description

The alterations I've made...

1. I've cut off the terrible "BBC announcer" type intros and outros
2. Each episode cliffhanger had the "Sting" theme music that wasn't used during the Hartnell era. I've replaced this with the original closing music.

TM2YC said:
asterixsmeagol said:

Not really but I suppose you can see it how you like. For me, it's more... What if there was an alternate timeline where Peter Cushing was the TV Doctor between Hartnell and Troughton, or instead of? Even that's probably overthinking it.

i read someone describe the colour omnibus version of Fortress as the lost Terry Nation Dalek pilot he tried to sell in America! :p Which is kind of cute

DANLAV05 said:
TM2YC said:
asterixsmeagol said:

i read someone describe the colour omnibus version of Fortress as the lost Terry Nation Dalek pilot he tried to sell in America! :p Which is kind of cute

The secret is out! :D

Back
Top Bottom