• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Who: 'Fortress of the Daleks' and 'Invasion of the Daleks'

sgp1428 said:
Firstly,Thanks to TM2YC for allowing me the information to view this Fanedit via the 3 DVD set that he has created for this series. :)

Secondly, I am more than happy to share forward any information you need to enjoy this edit too ;-)......Cheers.

No probs and thanks :).

After recent "developments" on another site, this edit is now "out there" but continue to PM me if anybody needs further info.

I am a big fan of the two original films used in this fan edit.
It will be interesting to see what you have done to change things.
About to watch this right now. Thank you :)

oooOOOH Yeaaaaah said:
I am a big fan of the two original films used in this fan edit.
It will be interesting to see what you have done to change things.
About to watch this right now. Thank you :)

Hope you like it :). Let me know what you think.

TM2YC said:
Hope you like it :). Let me know what you think.

Well. I must say, this is a very good job.
Having seen the movies hundreds of times, I could immediately see the cuts/differences etc.
The series idea was a very good one, and works well.
I really do like this. Well done and a damn good job.
Very impressed...

oooOOOH Yeaaaaah said:
Well. I must say, this is a very good job.
Having seen the movies hundreds of times, I could immediately see the cuts/differences etc.
The series idea was a very good one, and works well.
I really do like this. Well done and a damn good job.
Very impressed...

Thanks! :) I'll take "I could immediately see the cuts/differences" as the compliment I think it's supposed to be :lol:. Leave a quick review on IFDB if you get chance.

Thanks to [MENTION=8534]jelio[/MENTION] for writing a review.

jelio said:
This edit was very well made with attention to detail.
I think this is a high quality fanedit. The source material, meaning the original movies, are not as good as the classic TV episodes of Doctor Who that they are based on but still this edit is a definite improvement.

Glad you thought it was better than the original movies.

I'll take this opportunity to say that the streaming versions are no longer available (Long story) which is a shame given that this is still FEOTM for another week or so.

feotm_2014_01.png

Once again, thanks to everybody who voted and don't forget to vote for 'Wrath of the Augme... I mean, whichever Fanedit you liked best in this months poll :p.

Sorry about the streaming everyone but the 3xDVD set is still very much available.

tm2yc-dr-who_3Dview1.jpg

If I haven't mentioned this idea before, have you ever thought of turning Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger into a second doctor story? I watched the Blu Ray over the weekend, and Patrick Troughton's character could easily be the Doctor in disguise with a female companion.

I don't think I've ever seen it. I'm intrigued though

SilverWook said:
If I haven't mentioned this idea before, have you ever thought of turning Sinbad and The Eye of The Tiger into a second doctor story? I watched the Blu Ray over the weekend, and Patrick Troughton's character could easily be the Doctor in disguise with a female companion.
patrick+troughton+1.jpg

Interesting idea.

Tom Baker was in the first movie as well.

Troughton is in this edit though (Along with at least 3 other Doctors) ;-)...

13592245864_13371fecea.jpg

Hymie said:
Tom Baker was in the first movie as well.
Technically, that was the second Sinbad film Ray Harryhausen made. But Tom is terrific in it. He should play bad guys more often!

Thanks Zarius for taking the time to revwho my edit...

Zarius said:
Fantastic editing on hand here. You don't just get a restructuring, you get a whole repurposing, no silly introductions, no "this is TARDIS" (no relation to SPARTA), This is what 60s Doctor Who would look like if the BBC were not so tight in the pocket, and probably would have been an even grander phenomenon if it were like this throughout. The Cushing movies and Hartnell Doctor Who helped ease me through many a dreary Sunday and these 'episodes' are just the right thing to put you in the mood before a new series commences of the real thing. The unique 'next time' trailers are also fantastic, makes you wonder if TMTYC is trying to apply for a job as showrunner in the 1960s...I'd watch the hell out of anything he could put together.

This ought to get a ten from Len, not Farmfoods (Geez, just how many are gonna get that joke?), cheers for the thrills T.

Glad you enjoyed the trailers, I had a lot of fun making them. I'm also pleased you enjoyed having the annoying non-canonical lements removed/reduced. For me at least they made these films barely watchable. I'd have still loved to have seen Cushing play the TV Doctor for real though. At least I think now we get a glimpse of that potential.

Good tip on the showrunner job, I'm just popping out, I'll be back yesterday.

By the way... Factoid Alert! From listening to a Who commentary track I learned that Fulton Mackay was 100% going to be the next Doctor after Pertwee... until they dicovered Tom Baker at the last minute. I'd like to travel to the dimension where that happened just to see it!

Look... in an episode of The Avengers he even dressed in Matt Smith's suit ;-) (15 years before Matt Smith's birth)...

chadwick.jpg

That ^ was in an episode called 'Return of the Cybernauts' which co-starred Peter Cushing... oooooh Timey-Wimey or what.

Spooky, given the fact Smith had his own ideas on what to look like (he turned down dressing like Jack Sparrow), I wonder if Smith caught Avengers reruns back when he was a nipper? BBC 2 ran a lot of those cult shows back in the 90s

Thanks also to wilhelm scream for writing a review...

wilhelm-scream said:
Awesome edit, I can now stand watching the Peter Cushing movies!

Sorry that the Vimeo streams are still down, I must get round to fixing that when I get a chance. The "physical" copies are still available. PM me if you are having trouble locating them :).

Thanks for taking the time to write the review baldie2k12, glad people are still discovering this one :).

I've been a Who fan ever since I saw Tom Baker regenerate into Peter Davison in Logopolis when I was 7 years old, but I've NEVER been a fan of the Doctor Who "movies"...until now.
From the opening scene of episode one I was hooked, converting it to b&w was a masterstroke. I enjoyed it so much I may even watch it again with the wife and see if she notices that it's not an original. lol.
It would be interesting to see if you could do an edit in the opposite direction, turning a four or six parter classic serial into a feature length movie. Maybe something like Genesis Of The Daleks or The Deadly Assassin.

I thought about doing a movie edit of 'Spearhead from Space' a while ago as it's in HD. The BBC themselves have done extended feature-length edits of several serials with enhanced FX and 5.1 mixes and such. The full-length cut of 'Battlefield' is bloody brilliant...

20121223024749!Bbcdvd-battlefield.jpg

bionicbob said:
Please, please, PLEASE do this!!!!!! :)

I have not seen Battlefield. Based on your recommendation, I am putting it on my Amazon order list right now. ;-)

It's got Excalibur, time travelling Arthurian Knights with swords AND laser guns and the last hurrah for the Brig (Plus the new Brig)... and a big secret about the Doctor's past!

You had me at EXCALIBUR. :)

But seriously, I would love to see more DOCTOR WHO edits from you.

Thanks for the review Vultural...

Vultural said:
Overview - TM2YC selected two of the weakest Doctor Who entries, the stand alone movies with Peter Cushing, and reedited each into three episodes, in keeping with the BBC series.
Futhermore, he decoloured both, so they resembled the late 60s shows with the Hartnell and Troughton eras.

Video - Terrific work all around. Not only in cutting, but in the decision to switch to black n white.
Not a hard, sharp contrast black n white, either, but a scale similar to the late 60s.
Truth to tell, the original colour schemes were well thought out. Once I adjusted to the look, I was fine and enjoyed.

Audio - Everything sounded clean. The dynamics were even throughout. No sloppy quick fades. One of the bonuses were "new" BBC announcements. Imaginative and much appreciated.

Narrative - Fast moving episodes, much better than the original series which tended to drag several times. This was an edit that could almost fit in the canon proper.

Enjoyment - To quote Danger Mouse's sidekick, Penfold, "Crikey!"
There is plenty here to enjoy, to appreciate, to brag about.
The extras, talk about goodies! Not only the bonus material, but the aforementioned BBC voiceovers.
The main downside is rather like Jar Jar Binks - Peter Cushing as the doctor. His was not a portrayal I enjoyed. Don't know whether this was his interpretation or straight from the script, but his addled, confused manner was more onset Alzheimer's than brilliance. There was no way to excise him or add starch to his manner. Annoying.
Cushing did not hurt my opinion of the edit, however. Indeed, TM2YC did quite a bit to maximize the action, and heighten the Daleks, and minimize Cushing's fey doctor.
He is not Hartnell (let alone Pertwee), but these two stories can now stand in the same room as classic BBC Doctors.

Glad you liked what I did, even if it couldn't quite overcome Cushing's performance for you.

I trimmed as many of his worst character moments as possible from the first film and tried to make him a little more decisive. His Doctor works for me through his chemistry with Suzie, like a couple of big kids with the other two as the disapproving adults (Love when Cushing shoots her a wink when he disables the Tardis so they can explore the Dalek city). Suzie has most of the agency in the first movie, which is why I liked ending on her in Episode 3. Cushing has a bit more to do in the second movie thankfully.

Also happy you enjoyed the extra features. Did you get the colour disc? It's got hour-long versions in colour with alternate opening/closing credits... if you thought the B&W was a bit distracting.

Back
Top Bottom