• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

rnpasinos said:
hope that someone edits the 4 crossover episodes into a single episode...

I hope that somebody edits your 4 posts saying the same damn thing into a single post.

thecuddlyninja said:
rnpasinos said:
hope that someone edits the 4 crossover episodes into a single episode...

I hope that somebody edits your 4 posts saying the same damn thing into a single post.

Done. Other posts deleted.

@"musiced921" and @"Nic" love both of your edit ideas/notes!  I am sooooooo going to steal some of those... Bwah ha ha ha!  :D

My own current scribbles seems to fall somewhere in between you both.
For Flash, I too would insert an intro/battle scene of Kara just to pump up the epic action and then cut to her arriving at her apartment.  I would also include the Legends scene of Sara and 2016 friends in need.

I would heavily recut/restructure/trim the entire Arrow episode, try to lose about 15-20 minutes worth of Ollie's alternate reality, just enough to emphasis his loss and pain and choice to return to the real world.  I would keep all the real world events just to balance out the drama with action.

Legends would probably play out mostly intact.  If anything, I would try to find footage I could incorporate a more global threat, ships overing above various world capitols and such...  I keep thinking the tv show V.... lol   Though the ships wouldn't match the Dominators.... oh well, I got 6 months to figure it out...

....of course, I need to still finish my Flash/Firestorm and Legends Pilot fan edits first....  :p

bionicbob said:
@"musiced921" and @"Nic" love both of your edit ideas/notes!  I am sooooooo going to steal some of those... Bwah ha ha ha!  :D

My own current scribbles seems to fall somewhere in between you both.
For Flash, I too would insert an intro/battle scene of Kara just to pump up the epic action and then cut to her arriving at her apartment.  I would also include the Legends scene of Sara and 2016 friends in need.

I would heavily recut/restructure/trim the entire Arrow episode, try to lose about 15-20 minutes worth of Ollie's alternate reality, just enough to emphasis his loss and pain and choice to return to the real world.  I would keep all the real world events just to balance out the drama with action.

Legends would probably play out mostly intact.  If anything, I would try to find footage I could incorporate a more global threat, ships overing above various world capitols and such...  I keep thinking the tv show V.... lol   Though the ships wouldn't match the Dominators.... oh well, I got 6 months to figure it out...

....of course, I need to still finish my Flash/Firestorm and Legends Pilot fan edits first....  :p

I was actually just trying to toy with that idea of having a Supergirl fight scene before Flash shows up.  The biggest issue is that as soon as she sees Barry and Cisco in her apartment she right away says "I thought that was you," with the 2 other attempts they tried to make and reaching her through the portal.  The 2 attempts are during Thanksgiving dinner which plays out for 3 minutes if you include everything having to do with the toasts (Alex coming out, Jimmy as Guardian and Mon-El's feelings for Kara).  The other portal shows up as Kara is struggling with Cyborg Superman which distracts him long enough for her to trip him and he then shoots Maggie and gets away.  On one hand it is similar to how Flash saved Arrow and Spartan as they were about to be taken out by Vigilante, but I don't know if our first glimpse of Supergirl in action should be her struggling against a foe.  Thoughts?

Your idea about getting other clips to help maximize the global threat of the Dominators is a REALLY good idea.  I wonder how tricky it'd be though with the look of film in comparison to TV footage, especially the aspect ratio unless you stretch it.  Certainly doesn't bother me, but this is coming from a guy that has zero problem with expanding the picture to cover up credits in the beginning of an episode (as I'll be doing with this edit).

bionicbob said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Flash/Firestorm edit (and this is my first time hearing of a Legends edit). :p

Had at least two more ideas to implement to help with the flow of a potential edit.

Unless there's a deleted scene, re-purpose the scene from Flash's season 1 finale so that instead of Barry saying goodbye to his friends and family before attempting to save his mom, he's saying goodbye to his friends and family before giving himself over to the Dominators.

Reorder it so that Cisco and Eddie are cropped out, and then it flows as Barry hugging Caitlin, Iris kissing Barry on the forehead, and Barry telling Joe "goodbye, Dad."

The second idea is much easier: take the scene of Wally being fine and hugging Joe and Iris as well as H.R. deciding to train him, and sandwich between the President congratulating the Justice League(!!!) and the after party. ;)

Good ideas there @"Nic" !

I'm opting to cut out HR offering to train Wally just because it's more to carry on the show and not part of the overall story being told.  Wally's big moment is when he helps save Barry and then Oliver protects him from the others.  Once we see Wally is ok after the first battle we won't see HR, Joe, Iris or Wally again since they don't play into the major story.

You know, all of this talk about an Invasion edit makes me thing we should just start a dedicated thread so we can share ideas instead of hijacking the Legends one.  I'll make one up now.

Having recently finished watching the event, I can't see how it'd edit into much of a coherent story. Way too many things are hastily brought up (even outside of their respective shows, like the G-Men) and then rushed through, and the "story" is pure patchwork.

Maybe next year they'll come up with something better, because I'm afraid I didn't much like it. :(

@"Gaith" , sorry to hear you didn't like it much.  You're right that in a lot of cases they rush through things, but this TV event wasn't trying to be anything more than a way to bring these heroes together without losing or leaving behind those that only exclusively watch one or some of the shows.  I think it would've been amazing if they opted to do a one off 2 hour TV movie using all of their characters as a one night event.  Maybe then they could do their own Justice League spin without worrying about making sure we catch everyone up on what's happening on this show or that.

With that being said, even patching it together as one movie, while feeling rushed and you can easily spot when we've jumped from one show to the next, is still just a fun little ride that doesn't take itself too seriously in my opinion.

Since Star Wars, therefore George Lucas, is in many ways the inspiration for Fan Edit.org, some may wish to watch tonights return of Legends, since Mr. Lucas plays a pivotal role in the episode lol

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3oNy16wZDQ[/video]

Pretty funny stuff.

So I mentioned George Lucas was pivotal to last night's plot.... essentially his movies were the inspiration for two of our heroes growing up, and when the timeline becomes altered, they begin to lose their powers.   The episode was loaded with easter eggs, and it was completely corny and cheesy, but none the less, I smiled broadly because under all that syrup, was truth -- Lucas has shaped the imagination of multiple pop culture generations.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebzuuDNOCXw[/video]

the first minute is the best.... "what do you want George Lucas?"
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_cAqJHJOb4[/video]

Legends continues to be very entertaining this second season.  Last night, their version of the Apollo 13 incident was filled with good, goofy moments...

My favourite was right at the beginning... this season each character has taken a turn doing their version of the opening narration, and last night, finally(!!!), it was Heatwave's turn and as expected, he was hilarious....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOGJ81faAV8[/video]

...oh and Dr. Stein's idea of a distraction....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkvMpVZjJLo[/video]

...and Ray walks on the Moon!!! 
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UEaggUzDLM[/video]

:D

legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-aruba-slice-600x200.jpg

Finished Season Two, and... holy cow! The mantle of Arrowverse awesomeness, handed from Arrow S2 to The Flash's first season, was definitely been handed by The Flash S3 to LoT S2. (Not that I'm not still enjoying Flash, but it's definitely treading water at this point. Just as it became harder to be invested in Star City street crime once metahumans started showing up, it's become harder to be impressed by metahuman foes when the Legends have access to time itself. How worried can we really be about Savatar when our Legends never even hear of him?)

What the producers were able to achieve on their budget this season was nothing short of incredible, and the cast was firing on all cylinders also. With Snart gone, Mick became the undeniable ensemble MVP; I never could have guessed when he debuted as the less interesting of the Hot/Cold pair in Flash S1 how delightful and moving the character would become. And I love that we finally got some serious time with The Mask of Zorro's Matt Letscher, who totally brought it, and, unlike Malcolm (who is now finally permanently dead for real thanks to Arrow, right? Right?), got a terrific exit while he was still ahead. (Minor quibble: when Ray and Eobard chatted on the Moon, they acted as though they'd never met, but Ray totally visited Team Flash when Eobard was playing Wells.) That is, of course, assuming this was the last of him.

Anyhow, the Legion of Doom was awesome, the detail that Trump was president in Doomworld but not Earth-1 proper was great, and the show even managed to make WW1 feel more useless and inhuman than Wonder Woman did, in spite of a time ship and speedsters and magic Jesus blood! Who knows how long they'll be able to keep up the winning streak, but I'm definitely on board for S3... but I'll wait for the Netflix release, rather than the choppy CW.com stream I put up with to stay current on Flash.

S1 grade: B
S2 grade: A-
Series grade to date: B+

Gaith said:
(Minor quibble: when Ray and Eobard chatted on the Moon, they acted as though they'd never met, but Ray totally visited Team Flash when Eobard was playing Wells.) That is, of course, assuming this was the last of him.

The Flash show screwed up the time travel logic really bad, but most of it still makes some sense on the surface, it's just not explained well (or well thought out). I believe the Eobard we meet in LoT season 2 is a time remnant from before he was erased. This is earlier in Eobard's timeline than the one who met Ray. It's weird though because they didn't age him any differently. Ray definitely should have remembered meeting him unless he looked like Wells at the time.

addiesin said:
I believe the Eobard we meet in LoT season 2 is a time remnant from before he was erased. This is earlier in Eobard's timeline than the one who met Ray. It's weird though because they didn't age him any differently. Ray definitely should have remembered meeting him unless he looked like Wells at the time.

Thawne was disguised as Wells when Ray met him in Flash S1, but I imagine Ray would have learned who he'd really been at some point before Rip recruited the team. (Then again, only Martin Stein could figure out their speedster opponent's identity, so maybe not?) Anyhow, Barry first restored Eobard to existence in Flashpoint, when he saved his mother, so yes, I guess this Eobard might never have met Ray, because he didn't spend those 13 years impersonating Wells. Trouble is, while on the moon, he specifically states how much he misses working with such brainy types as Cisco and Caitlin, and, oh dear, I've gone cross-eyed.   :p

My other quibble: what happened to Rip's wife and kid, again? IIRC, Savage killed them in the future as usual before they finished him off in the S1 finale. So... with Savage gone from said future, they should perhaps be alive? But, okay, maybe they're still dead for whatever reason; maybe they never existed? Yet with all the Spear of Destiny talk, and multiple conversations about Sara wanting to bring Laurel back, Rip's family was totally forgotten? Not one mention of how he might want to use the Spear to recover them? I hope that at some point, this thread is picked back up again, or at the very least solidly concluded.

Back
Top Bottom