• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

...and another trailer drops...

Each new teaser looks more fun than the last!

Also of note, Dec 19th on the CW they will have a preview special of Legends, along with previews/behind the scenes from the upcoming Batman V. Superman and Wonder Woman. :)

A general, spoiler free review of the first two episodes by IGN....

So any thoughts on the series premiere?

I found it pretty enjoyable. I loved the bar fight.

Since they seem to make a big deal about making certain that they don't adversely effect the timeline, I wonder if any discussion of the butterfly/snowball effect will be had. Basically, any minute disruption of one person would ripple outward, eventually altering the entire planet. Bump into some dude on the street? Congrats, you just caused a different sperm/egg combination to occur when he boned his wife later that night, thus causing an entirely different person to be born. That sort of thing.

I really enjoyed it and I believe it will only get better now that the gathering of the team/plot set-up is out of the way.

The Boorman twist was nice and made me get the "feels"... lol.

What I found really interesting was the differences between the original proof of concept trailer and the actual pilot episode. No Flash and Arrow giving the hero speech on the rooftop. In fact, no Flash anywhere. Also missed the Atom scene, but since that had already been established on Arrow I get why it was no longer needed. It was more to excite the fans anyway.

But lots of comic book goodness and next Thursday can not come soon enough. If only I had my own Waverider... lol

There were a lot of things I liked and a lot of things I loved about it. I think one of the best things they did was actually explain why these B and C level characters are trusted with saving the world and why Rip didn't just choose to recruit Flash and Arrow. I loved hearing some 70's music while they were there. It started to feel like Guardians and I hope this expands some more as the series progresses (the soundtrack I mean).

I was pretty bummed that the pilot was a 2 parter, but there was certainly enough to keep me coming back. The effects looked awesome and everything had such a fun tone to it. I agree that the Boorman twist was very touching and even my wife, while half watching next to me was immediately hooked based on that reveal alone. Doctor Who mixed with Guardians is the best way I could describe this show and I'm LOVING it so far.

In addition to the bar fight, I liked the Sara/Laurel sparring session, Laurel giving the costume to Sara, and Sara's pep talk to Ray. Heck, just everything about Sara.

Speaking of her, I haven't watched "Arrow" recently. Any explanation for why she was in...Tibet (I think it was) of all places?

Yeah, I loved the (first part of the) pilot. I agree that it was really nice that he explained why he didn't just recruit the Green Arrow and the Flash. Definitely looking forward to more.

And [MENTION=9920]Mark Moore[/MENTION], Sara chose to go spend some time off the grid to figure out her new life after she was reincarnated.

Did anyone notice that the Waverider's A.I.'s name is Gideon and so is the A.I. on the Flash?

I noticed that too Bob! I want to know some more about Gideon

Mark Moore said:
In addition to the bar fight, I liked the Sara/Laurel sparring session, Laurel giving the costume to Sara, and Sara's pep talk to Ray. Heck, just everything about Sara.

Speaking of her, I haven't watched "Arrow" recently. Any explanation for why she was in...Tibet (I think it was) of all places?

Wait a second, are you a fan of Sara?

Lol.

Personally I liked it, didn't love it. The bar fight seemed meaningless. "I'm gonna rape you." "No." She knocks him out. Then waves of other people start attacking. What were they thinking? "You shoulda let him rape you, you capable, threatening woman!"?

It bugs me that Hawk girl gets so much pressure from men to be what they think she should be, I really wish she'd just say " Screw off and let me be me, at least until I start remembering this stuff you want me to remember. I left my boyfriend, my job, and my home for this. I'm clearly all in. Give me some damn space!"

And the character who was
their son. Shouldn't he have started with "Mom and dad! You're alive! Ooh my god it's good to see you!" And THEN he could tell them he's been studying them and he knows about the reincarnation etc.
Seemed like an odd reveal to me.

I loved The Atom's dialogue with Green Arrow, it seemed like what he said about why he wants to join Rip and team could also work for why Brandon Routh joined Berlanti on another DC property after his failed attempt at being Superman. "Nobody cared." "... Offering me a chance to save the world. I have to take it." Etc.

I enjoyed Rip's story, poor Rory lost Amy and became a Time Lord... err Time Master (I see what you did there, copyright people). At first I thought he was going to be Jonas but no, it did tie in nicely.

Not using the promotional footage at all irks me, because I really enjoyed it and some of the actual episode felt like reshoots because of it. I'm hoping this feeling goes away in future episodes.

Overall score: better than Arrow, not as good as The Flash. Miles above Gotham. I have high hopes the quality remains up there. Luckily most shows are better than their pilots so it could rise to be great, even Legendary. Lol. Puns.

addiesin said:
Wait a second, are you a fan of Sara?

Hehe, yeah, I'm basically watching this series for her. I privately call it "Sara and the Superfluous Squad".

Okay, so we are three episodes in and already the strengths and weaknesses of the show are becoming apparent....

Very good/fun character interaction and action but uneven juggling of all the characters.

The second half of the pilot, had two huge illogical plot points for me... namely the whole Alpha Particle tracker. You want me to seriously believe that the Waverider, a time ship from the future, that has super-science technology, that immediately detected Ray has lost a piece of tech, can not track Alpha Particles???? It was just a forced plot point to make Stein meet his younger self.

Second, part one established Savage has killed the Hawks over 200 times, and Arrow/Flash crossover established the Hawks need to work with others to defeat him. And yet, the battle plan in part two is have the Hawks fight Savage alone AGAIN!?!? I mean Firestorm practically had Savage defeated but then just leaves him alone for the Hawks to deal with.... not smart.

But it is the curse of all comic books and super-hero shows, when you have heroes that powerful, you have to find ways (often illogical and frustrating for fans) for the villains to defeat the hero and escape.

Though I must admit, I did not see the death of Hawkman coming. But maybe that explains the casting choice and why his hawk helmut was not designed differently, as he was never meant to last the long haul. And now the producers are free to either recast him or meet him in different time periods.

Last night's episode felt sort like treading water, an epilogue to the pilot. It developed the various relationships further, which is quickly becoming the best part of the series. Though it felt predictable with Cold trying to alter his past and Ray suffering self-doubt, it was still entertaining thanks to performances of this great cast. This episode also re-affirmed the theme/driving plot of the show and solidified the group more as a team. So a fun, if not slightly, underwhelming episode. Though it might play stronger if all three episodes were edited together....? hhmmmmm..... lol....:D

LOL bionicbob I was thinking the same thing at the end of the episode! The first 3 could be edited together pretty seamlessly to make a more logical 90 minute pilot. All in all, I do enjoy the show and I like the Guardians mix with Doctor Who. Great little soundtrack so far.

Snart's plotline wasn't really all that needed. While it was a good little character development, it didn't achieve anything. He loves his sister, yet his meddling could have just as easily ridden her from existence.

Also, wasn't the whole point of Constantine to remove the blood lust as well as restore Sara back to normal? Little confused on that plot point.....

By the end of the episode, I was glad to hear that they were not going to spend the series in 1975 because I was already tired of it and wanting to see more travels. Next week should be the show taking off and not spending any more time with the generic superhero team setup stuff.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't love this, regardless of the silly plot points and the fact that they were able to defeat Savage in a way that they could have grabbed him and tossed him into the sun. I think this show will start hitting its stride beginning next week as we travel to 1986. Can't wait to hear what music they chose. Grab your t-shirt and white suits!

I keep forgetting about this series (haven't seen past the first episode). I'll have to catch up.

musiced921 said:
Also, wasn't the whole point of Constantine to remove the blood lust as well as restore Sara back to normal? Little confused on that plot point.....

I must admit, this has me perplexed too.

Especially since this very issue was brought up in this week's episode of Arrow, as Merlyn comments that Constantine brought balance to Sara's soul unlike Thea, thus explaining Thea's killing urge.

Maybe the difference is, if Thea does not satisfy her blood lust, she will actually die. While Sara is just cursed with greater blind aggression, but can learn to control it?

BTW, Arrow and Flash have been fantastic this year! Especially Arrow! After the very uneven season three, this season is back to top form!

Back
Top Bottom