• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DC Comics Animated Films

bionicbob said:
This looks fun!  :D

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=FBrPQYTuvMI[/video]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]i posted about this movie a couple of hours ago in 2018 movies thread. In the film, Batman joins forces with Scooby-Doo and his pals Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma after villains from both of their worlds unite to wreak havoc on the city.In addition to classic DC villains like Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, the movie will also feature several friendly faces, including the likes of Aquaman, Plastic Man, The Question and Martian Manhunter. The crew will also have to contend with Scooby-Doo troublemakers like Ghost Clown, Spooky Space Kook, Gentleman Ghost, and Miner 49er.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]There will also be two animated feature length movies  called "batman ninja" and "gotham by gaslight" released in early 2018 but no trailers yet[/font]

batman gotham by gaslight
In an age of mystery and superstition, how would the people of Gotham react to a weird creature of the night, a bat-garbed vigilante feared by the guilty and the innocent alike? The very first Elseworlds tale re-imagines the Dark Knight detective in Victorian times and pits him against the infamous murderer Jack the Ripper.

SUICIDE SQUAD Hell to Pay
Amanda Waller forms the Suicide Squad with Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, and Copperhead. They are sent to retrieve a powerful mystical object that is targeted by other villains.
 The film is scheduled to be released digitally on March 27, 2018 and on DVD and Blu-ray on April 10, 2018

after the success of Batman: Assault on Arkham  i'm really looking forward to seeing the continuation arc of the early missions of the suicide squad. plus it always helps that my favourite harley quinn voice talent (Tara Strong) is back

^ Batman Ninja and Gotham by Gaslight both have trailers:

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS THE FATAL FIVE (2018)

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_AlCgcH9x0[/video]

The Justice League!  The Legion of Super-Heroes!  The Green Lantern Corps!

This is one is a bit unusual.... it is a return to the classic Timmverse JLU animation style (and it is GORGEOUS!!!) and iconic voice cast but the continuity seems disconnected from the actual series as it ignores the Legion's previous appearances in JLU and Superman.  The Legion characters are also redesigned and their formation inspiration has been retro-conned from being just Superman to the exploits of the Justice League.

This movie grapples with many adult themes, particularly the repercussions of Trauma and Mental Illness.  Also, the violence is more graphic and the language more explicit.

The villains, The Fatal Five ( my absolute fave bad guy team when I was a kid reading Legion!!!), are seriously under developed and act more as catalyst for Green Lantern Jessica Cruz's hero journey.  This is essentially her movie and the character has a true epic hero moment in the third act that makes this whole movie worth watching.

I really enjoyed this adventure.  Well worth the watch and nice addition to my Timmverse collection.  
Thumbs  Up!  :D

bionicbob said:
JUSTICE LEAGUE VS THE FATAL FIVE (2018)

The Justice League!  The Legion of Super-Heroes!  The Green Lantern Corps!

This is one is a bit unusual.... it is a return to the classic Timmverse JLU animation style (and it is GORGEOUS!!!) and iconic voice cast but the continuity seems disconnected from the actual series as it ignores the Legion's previous appearances in JLU and Superman.  The Legion characters are also redesigned and their formation inspiration has been retro-conned from being just Superman to the exploits of the Justice League.

This movie grapples with many adult themes, particularly the repercussions of Trauma and Mental Illness.  Also, the violence is more graphic and the language more explicit.

The villains, The Fatal Five ( my absolute fave bad guy team when I was a kid reading Legion!!!), are seriously under developed and act more as catalyst for Green Lantern Jessica Cruz's hero journey.  This is essentially her movie and the character has a true epic hero moment in the third act that makes this whole movie worth watching.

I really enjoyed this adventure.  Well worth the watch and nice addition to my Timmverse collection.  
Thumbs  Up!  :D

Just watched this last night. A lot of the characters were unknown to me, but I enjoyed the ride nonetheless. As I've worked with people with mental illness for most of my career, that aspect was the most interesting to me. I thought the depiction of Starboy's paranoid schizophrenia was a little too stereotypical at times, but given the short run-time and the fact that it was being addressed in a superhero animated movie at all meant I couldn't fault it too much. Jessica Cruz's PTSD was very well done, I thought, and the short scene these two shared over a meal was perfect. It would have been pretty easy to play the 'crazy' angle for laughs, but they handled it really well. Kudos to DC and WB.

Back
Top Bottom