• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

David Lynch Blu Ray News

Threads merged. Please stop making new David Lynch threads.

Hey guys,

I've just finished an edit of FWWM and the "missing pieces" content, cut into one big 3 1/2 hour movie; it's encoding now.

Thing is, I'm an old tired piece of crap with a 4-month old. I'd like to upload it but I don't have storage space anywhere; it's 1080p, so it's rather hefty. So, if someone would like to allow me to use their space somewhere (either tell me how to upload it or allow me to send it to you directly for you to upload), I'd be happy to submit it. I've done fanedits before, but mainly for myself and friends, so I've had enough experience that it's fairly professional (I know I'd be skeptical of helping someone in my position out, at risk of being a badly-made edit, but just sayin', I know my way around the software).

Hope this was OK to ask, BTW...

Q2 has already done this and released it. Youd have to ask someone on how to upload it.
Also this is not the correct place to be posting about an edit you did, there are other places for that on this site.

jswert123456 said:
Q2 has already done this and released it. Youd have to ask someone on how to upload it.
Also this is not the correct place to be posting about an edit you did, there are other places for that on this site.

Ease up jswert. This was posted before Q2 released his edit. The staff has the moderator duties under control.

I dont need to ease up as you said, there was no ILL will or malice intended in what i was saying. just trying to be helpful.
So i cant even comment on a post i created, i was being nice.

jswert123456 said:
I dont need to ease up as you said, there was no ILL will or malice intended in what i was saying. just trying to be helpful.
So i cant even comment on a post i created, i was being nice.

Alright buster, how exactly were you being helpful? You didn't actually provide Doddy Bigital with any useful information (like how he/she could upload, or where exactly would be a more useful place for posting his questions/comments - like Fanedits In-the-Works and/or Other Technical Information). All you did was say - I don't know. You're doing it wrong.

There was nothing wrong with Doddy's post - it was made before Q2 released his fanedit and was simply informing Lynch fans following this conversation that an extended edition had been created. It would have been helpful for Doddy to also post in the other threads, but there was no reason for you to respond as you did. Like I said, you weren't actually being helpful, so don't get defensive.

Im just gonna let this go and walk away, cause you have the power here and I dont.
I am sorry if i did not word things right or give helpful guidance, I only recently saw his post
and in haste wrote what I did, so again- I apologize.

Just leave moderating to the moderators and you'll be fine. As Throw said, it's under control. If you really see something wrong, and we haven't addressed it in a few days, please PM one of us. That way the correct info is sure to be given out. Thanks.

Doddy Bigital said:
Hey guys,

I've just finished an edit of FWWM and the "missing pieces" content, cut into one big 3 1/2 hour movie; it's encoding now.

Thing is, I'm an old tired piece of crap with a 4-month old. I'd like to upload it but I don't have storage space anywhere; it's 1080p, so it's rather hefty. So, if someone would like to allow me to use their space somewhere (either tell me how to upload it or allow me to send it to you directly for you to upload), I'd be happy to submit it. I've done fanedits before, but mainly for myself and friends, so I've had enough experience that it's fairly professional (I know I'd be skeptical of helping someone in my position out, at risk of being a badly-made edit, but just sayin', I know my way around the software).

Hope this was OK to ask, BTW...

Don't have time at the moment but if you PM me, I can help you out tonight.

TV's Frink said:
Don't have time at the moment but if you PM me, I can help you out tonight.

Thanks so much for the offer!

But ha, as it turns out, I'm certain that Q2's edit will be superior to mine... I just didn't realize how quickly it would be completed.

So I'm going to hold off until I can sit down and watch Q2's version. If it's significantly different from mine, I might get in touch at a later date.

(PS... big fan of your ridiculous edits! thanks again)

Back
Top Bottom