• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

David Lynch Blu Ray News

^Awesome! I say feel free to make a cover for the edit when it's ready. Q2 asked me to make one, but I love it when there are multiple covers to choose from (and sometimes my covers suck so it's good to have an alternative).

Welcome, [MENTION=11431]jlyon1515[/MENTION]! Major Lynch-head/Peaker here. Your cover work is amazing and I'm glad you're willing to do it for fanedits too.

Welcome, Jared/jlyon1515! (Long time TP Gazette and Dugpa.com poster (possibly called evenreven back then.))

I smiled when I saw that your FWwM cover is the one featured on TheMovieDB - meaning everyone using XBMC gets your cover. :)

Also, the official Blu cover is suspiciously similar in concept to the one you did for the pilot...

theslime said:
Welcome, Jared/jlyon1515! (Long time TP Gazette and Dugpa.com poster (possibly called evenreven back then.))

I smiled when I saw that your FWwM cover is the one featured on TheMovieDB - meaning everyone using XBMC gets your cover. :)

Hi theslime! As I've been reading through this thread, I actually remember thinking "Man, theslime knows his stuff! I wonder if he's been to the festival before."

TheMovieDB is such a great resource. I've added a few covers over the past year, though not my FWWM one, funny enough. It sort of has a life of it's own and we cross paths every once in a while. I use Plex on my Roku, and it uses TheMovieDB too.

Now to just figure out what will be new and interesting for a fanedit cover!

Dwight Fry said:
Also, the official Blu cover is suspiciously similar in concept to the one you did for the pilot...

Yeah, but to be fair, my pilot artwork came from the idea of the first season "reveal" packaging where the homecoming photo could be slid off to show the dead Laura photo. So I wanted to capture that idea, but do it in a flat cover art image. They are essentially doing that same thing.

Little bit of trivia: there are only really 2 high-res photos of dead Laura. Every photo you've seen is one of those two. Though there is no consistency to the coloring (some are very blue!), it really is just the two photos. That's why I was surprised when I saw this new cover art, it doesn't use either of those photos. Instead, it uses a high-res screenshot from the pilot episode. The dead Laura photo on this cover art has been flipped though.

Yeah, I notice weird things... Like why is Dwight Fry's username missing the final E? :)

jlyon1515 said:
Yeah, I notice weird things... Like why is Dwight Fry's username missing the final E? :)

Tee hee hee hee hee... It comes from the time when I used it in chatrooms that only allowed nine letters for a name. Also, it's the spelling Alice Cooper used, so let's call it a double reference. :)

jswert123456 said:
the price on amazon just shot up from 90.99 to 119.99

2234648392_ffffuuuu_xlarge.jpeg

jswert123456 said:

Bloody hell, does Lynch deliver it himself personally?

jswert123456 said:

I believe as long as you pre-ordered it stays at the price initially listed.

Q2 said:
I believe as long as you pre-ordered it stays at the price initially listed.

Yes, from the time you pre-order to the time they deliver - you pay whatever the lowest price was during that period. Of course if you pre-order now and it doesnt go down, you're going to pay $120

Dwight Fry said:
Amazon.co.uk has it for 49.75GBP ($83.92). Pre-order from there!

Yeah, but I won't get it the day of release. :p

Q2 said:
Lynch doesn't like chapter breaks; he feels a movie should be enjoyed from beginning to end, and not broken up like a book.

Just a note on this. Lynch actually changed his position on chapter stops several years back. Mulholland Drive on both DVD and Blu-ray had chapters, Wild at Heart on DVD and Blu-ray had chapters, and the recent-ish Blue Velvet Blu-ray had chapters. Sure, you might be saying that it could be the studio putting them in against his wishes, but then all we have to do is look to Inland Empire for the answer. Lynch's Absurda company has all the rights to that and released it, and then there they were chapter stops! :)

As is stated in the Inland Empire review on DVD Beaver: "Absurda is Lynch's company and he has changed his views on chapter stops, so the existence of them on the US DVD cannot be coincidental - he actually talks about this on the extras."

I haven't seen that extra, but there you have it, right from the horses mouth! I am wondering if his mind was changed because of how Blu-rays have the option for a pop up menu. Taking the Blue Velvet Blu-ray as an example, you put in the disc, and there is no menu, no ads or trailers, it just starts playing the movie right away. All the options are accessed by the pop up menu only.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that because I think people remember Lynch's old way of thinking, and still state it, but clearly he's changed his mind. :)

Please, please, please stop posting just a link. It's lazy. Give us at least a sentence telling us what we're clicking to and why we should care. "A neat two minute comparison video has been released!" See how easy that is?

i had a sentence entered. i must have deleted it by mistake. sorry

Back
Top Bottom