• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Buffy Reimagined (now released!)

I improved upon that scene even more, made it shorter, more elegant and efficient
by removing the references "What happened?", "You are a pervert?".. and placed the flashback at the moment Xander and Cordelia enter that room to talk, which fits much better with the flow.

I also made a change to the party scene on the beach that follows and let Buffy be there also staring thoughtfully out into the sea which emphasises her thinking about her future that is the main topic of this second movie.

Regarding the last movie:

After Angel killed Jenny at the end of the third movie and the funeral of Jenny, I let the third movie start with a flashback showing how Angel got turned into a vampire by Drusilla and then I show the occultic stone that was found, where that portal demon is inside. That's how the big finale starts, but before it gets to its climax, Buffy and Angel have to get through the poltergeist-experience of "I only have eyes for you" that further provokes Angel to put an end to everything...

While forming the story arc of the last movie I also got rid of some awful little scenes:

1. Buffy saying to that vampire she's slaying: "Tell Angel..."
2. Xander retelling the slaying with fish fingers in the school-cafeteria.
3. When spike and Buffy meet Buffy's mother in front of her home and suddenly a vampire (not Spike) jumps out of the shadows on them, I changed the scene a little. In the original he would jump in front of Buffy's mother and then do just nothing just to scare her, which was just ridiculous. So I let it seem like he is jumping on Buffy and Spike and she immediately reacts and fights him together with Spike.
Still I made sure that Buffy's mother gets to see clearly that it is vampire and I let her scared reaction be shown, so nothing of the impact of the scene is lost, except for the ridiculous behaviour of the attacking vampire.

This project is shaping up nicely, I've previewed the first two movies with friends and they love them.

The fourth movie nears the finish-line so I think I can soon preview the third and fourth movie and bar any unforeseen problems I can soon wrap them up.:)

Now nearly finished with this quadrilogy-movie-saga for Buffy season 2 I can really say that for me season 2 of Buffy is the best season there ever was of any TV-show.

Especially now that
the problematic stuff,the Fish-episode, the hospital-episode, the Judge, Ted, the little small story-problems are gone and now that Cordelia's and Xander's start of their relationship is redeemed,
it's an awesome story arc, that shines like a diamond.

Joss Whedon and his team have really created something special.

And it is an honour for me to have been able to retell the story of season 2 in form of four movies, that imho brings out the sheer brilliance of the show.

I think when I wrap it up, I'll make it a package of five movies, including "Buffy The prophecy" (the movie I made out of season 1), because it's really one big story-arc.

NewSpock said:
I can really say that for me season 2 of Buffy is the best season there ever was of any TV-show.

speed-racer-lol-no.gif

I may be able to convince my wife to give buffy a go if I start with your 5 movies :)
She's willing to give Angel a go though, so that may be the entry point.

GregAlex said:
I may be able to convince my wife to give buffy a go if I start with your 5 movies :)
She's willing to give Angel a go though, so that may be the entry point.

If I were you though, I wouldn't start with the Angel-tv-show. Angel is a spin-off that started after Buffy season 3 and so I would suggest to first watch Buffy season 1-3 before going over to Angel. Reason being that Angel's origin is imho best told through the Buffy show.

Not only his, but also Cordelia's, Darla's, Wesley's and Faith's.

And it's imho so lovely how Angel's true nature got revealed in Buffy season 1.

I agree. It's getting my wife interested that's the challenge. I haven't watched the Prophecy fan-edit yet, but as I said I'm hoping the fan edits are a better intro than the actual season 1 and season 2. (Season 2 was probably my favourite, Season 1 not so much).

GregAlex said:
I agree. It's getting my wife interested that's the challenge. I haven't watched the Prophecy yet, but as I said I'm hoping the fan edits are a better intro than the actual season 1 and season 2. (Season 2 was probably my favourite, Season 1 not so much).

Well, if it's only that, there is no better way than to use my five movies for it.

I'm aiming for a mid-february-release.

I plan to turn all Buffy seasons into (as many) movies (as necessary), with the possible exception of season 7 (I really dislike season 7, but who knows, maybe when I'm at that point I have a brilliant idea of how to reimagine season 7).

Since I decided to release a package of five movies, including "Buffy The Prophecy" that I already released before (because it's really a single big story-arc), I went back to "Buffy The prophecy" and reworked it a bit:

I improved the middlepart, brought some breathing room into it, a bit more charm and especially
more context for the introduction of the anointed one-kid.

So it will be basically "Buffy The Prophecy - Director's cut" with about 6 minutes added.:)

I'm sorry but I can't get it all ready for a mid-february release, I have to postpone the release to the first week of march.

The reworking on "Buffy The Prophecy - Director's cut", the need to make a cover, banner, trailer... and the real-life make it necessary.
:oops:

I name this Buffy saga: "Buffy Reimagined", it contains these five movies (spanning season 1 and season 2):

1. Buffy The Prophecy
2. Buffy 2 - I The Truth
3. Buffy 2 - II The Life
4. Buffy 2 - III The Love
5. Buffy 2 - IV The Awakening

Releasedate: First week of march.

Here's the trailer for it:

:)

I previewed the fourth and fifth movie with my friends, the reception was great:).

So there's nothing that stands between now and a release in early march.:)

Great to hear they've gone down well:)

I got real nostalgic tingles watching that. Great trailer

Zarius said:
Great to hear they've gone down well:)

I got real nostalgic tingles watching that. Great trailer

Thank you.

The trailer is basically the one I made for "Buffy The Prophecy", only updated for this release, glad you enjoyed it.:)

Ah, cool. Will you just keep updating and adding to the same trailer with each release then?

Zarius said:
Ah, cool. Will you just keep updating and adding to the same trailer with each release then?

I don't know yet, I love the trailer for "Buffy the prophecy" as it serves as a good introduction into what Buffy is about and since "Buffy The Prophecy" (a final cut version with 6 minutes added) is part of this release it made sense.

The other thing is that I dislike spoilers, so that also played a part in the decision.

The trailer would, a little updated, even work for my season 3-movie-edit, because it's still part of the same story that started with season 1 and its movie "Buffy The prophecy".

But season 4 would definitely require a completely new trailer, because there a new story begins.

Here's the dvd-cover for this edit (it's basically the cover I made for "Buffy The prophecy", updated for this release):

gdvbiuyormuileomo52tg3-large.jpg

Release is in: T-1 days.:)

Maybe the cover is better this way:

sfdjcq7zqveqx4v8stgzmq-large.jpg

The five-movies-series is uploaded in a file of 14-GB-size.

Back
Top Bottom