• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Buffy Reimagined (now released!)

Well, first of all, I am being serious in my question and the guy is this one here:

peter_jackson_01.jpg

Then, what I meant by working is more related to the technical side of the subject. Like handling equipment (RED cameras, 3D tech...) and working with professional editing solutions like Avid and Final Cut Pro.

I didn't post a message in the forum for 4 years.. and now when I did I started to regret it...

It just seems like a bit of a stretch for someone as famous and powerful as Jackson to contact any of us.

You did not get my question any of you.
Does any of you editors have any "professional" experience with professional editing that would allow you work on professional movies.

madenigma said:
Then, what I meant by working is more related to the technical side of the subject. Like handling equipment (RED cameras, 3D tech...) and working with professional editing solutions like Avid and Final Cut Pro.

The thing is I’m not a technical master in editing, I never used any application beside avidemux and then Final Cut pro X for editing.

I learned editing in the last 20 months and I’ve become good at it, but that’s not what drives me. What drives me is a passion for story, for characters, themes, ideas… and the creative freedom to form these, it’s like an elixir to me. The technical side is only a tool I use for the story-telling.

There are better professional editors that know all the technical bells and whistles out there. Even on this site there are much better technically proficient editors than me.

Neglify knows most, if not all of the editors here and knows who has what capabilities and could suggest to you someone fitting your requirements.

Because unless I have creative freedom to form stories (and before that to choose stories), characters and themes I fear that it would quickly kill my passion, that’s why I think going professional is not the right thing for me under the limiting circumstances you have in mind.

But thank you that you considered me, it's an honor, and my best greetings to Peter Jackson, love his „Heavenly Creatures“ and „Lord of the rings“.:)

I don't believe for a second this person has any connection to Peter Jackson.

No, I don't have any connection to Peter Jackson and I never said I have by the way. Hi name just came to my mind when asking the question at the beginning.
I watched many of the edited movies present on Fanedit.org since I joined the forum and I was always curious to know if any of the editors was a professional movie editor.
I myself am a web designer and developer. I mostly develop websites and I use Adobe Premiere for any video editing job.

madenigma said:
No, I don't have any connection to Peter Jackson and I never said I have by the way. Hi name just came to my mind when asking the question at the beginning.
I watched many of the edited movies present on Fanedit.org since I joined the forum and I was always curious to know if any of the editors was a professional movie editor.
I myself am a web designer and developer. I mostly develop websites and I use Adobe Premiere for any video editing job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yCfkqQ5O9mc[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GD8McvZqqg8[/video]

Thanks reaper18783x for watching and reviewing my 5-movie-Buffy-saga-edit. I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed it. :)

But I would be a bit careful, some of the story especially in the fourth and fifth movie might be a bit troublesome for an 8 year old child.:cry:

she only watched the first and some of the second.
then it was her bed time.

but yes when we saw the 4th and 5th we thought she should not watch them ones, the first 2 are OK.

reaper18783x said:
she only watched the first and some of the second.
then it was her bed time.

but yes when we saw the 4th and 5th we thought she should not watch them ones, the first 2 are OK.

Alright then, I guess she is a brave 8 year girl, cause even the first one is not without its harsh moments.:)

As to my future plans: As soon as I'm finished with "Star Wars Reimagined", I'll continue the Buffy-movie-saga with season 3.

NewSpock said:
Alright then, I guess she is a brave 8 year girl, cause even the first one is not without its harsh moments.:)

As to my future plans: As soon as I'm finished with "Star Wars Reimagined", I'll continue the Buffy-movie-saga with season 3.

yeah when she was 6 she snuck out of bed late one night and watched some of hellraiser so when we court her we had to have the what is real and what is fake talk.

but if you look at it the part of snow white were the chase and kill the witch is pretty dark and scary. same as the end of sleeping beauty. most Disney classics are dark and scary and deal with death or bad people trying to kill the good.

look forward to you next buffy edit.

reaper18783x said:
yeah when she was 6 she snuck out of bed late one night and watched some of hellraiser so when we court her we had to have the what is real and what is fake talk.

Reminds me of my childhood when I snuck into the living room while my dad was working and fetched for the VHS he told me to never watch, it was "American Werewolf" and it played the scene when the main-character was running around in his flat, with the full moon outside, nervous, getting hotter and then undressing before transforming into a werewolf. The scene scared the shit out of me, haha.:oops:

Guess if she can handle Hellraiser, she can easily deal with Buffy.

Still, in general and for most children, I would recommend a minimum age of at least 13 for Buffy.

Finished a series rewatch of Buffy & Angel last year & always thought it would be really cool if someone could make a tight edit of the main story like this. I appreciate your hard work & hope you decide to do the entire series (and maybe Angel, too).

Mike Kerns said:
Finished a series rewatch of Buffy & Angel last year & always thought it would be really cool if someone could make a tight edit of the main story like this. I appreciate your hard work & hope you decide to do the entire series (and maybe Angel, too).

Thanks, Mike Kerns.

Tell me what you think of this movie-series when you've watched it.

As soon as I've finished my "Star Wars Reimagined"-movie-edit, I'll continue with season 3 of Buffy.:)

Thanks seajay1221 for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed it!:)

I watched the first movie this weekend and I really enjoyed it. There were a few scenes that I felt were a bit rushed and choppy (i.e. Jesse and Luke's deaths; I felt these scenes and story lines could have been reworked a bit). All in all the rest of the story unfolded really well from there and I gave it two thumbs up when I finished. I am excited to watch season 2 when I get the chance to later this week and will post my thoughts. Thanks for all your hard work NewSpock and putting together a great movie.

methslushee said:
I watched the first movie this weekend and I really enjoyed it. There were a few scenes that I felt were a bit rushed and choppy (i.e. Jesse and Luke's deaths; I felt these scenes and story lines could have been reworked a bit). All in all the rest of the story unfolded really well from there and I gave it two thumbs up when I finished. I am excited to watch season 2 when I get the chance to later this week and will post my thoughts. Thanks for all your hard work NewSpock and putting together a great movie.

Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The scenes with Luke and Jesse I'm also not happy with, but the original full scene with Luke doesn't mesh well with the atmosphere and style of the rest of the movie, and it threatened to disturb the focus of the story. Still I wish I had come up with a more elegant solution

Enjoy the rest of the movies.:)

Back
Top Bottom