• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BLUE SKIES ON MARS: A Total Recall Fanedit

killbillme said:
Audio: surround sound 5.1 mix (my first! i lost my dolby cherry)
:lol: Just noticed this.

TV's Frink said:
killbillme said:
Audio: surround sound 5.1 mix (my first! i lost my dolby cherry)
:lol: Just noticed this.
mainly caused by your prodding. :p
but i have to admit it has given me a new weapon which i used fully on this edit.
YOU should check it out. just for 5.1

One word.......Fantastic! I just finished watching this last night and I am still in awe at what i saw. It is true from your disclaimer that this edit will not be for everyone, but for me I thoroughly enjoyed every second. I respectfully bow down and salute you my good man. Good job Jorge!

thank you my mementomix brother.
I'm off for a couple of weeks to the maritimes but when i return i will check out your fanedit for sure. :smile:

hey jorge, after delivering dark knight remixed and now this i thought: will you give batman begins a shot one day?

killbillme said:
thank you my mementomix brother.
I'm off for a couple of weeks to the maritimes but when i return i will check out your fanedit for sure. :smile:

No need to thank me because your talent is truely remarkable. As far as my edit of Insomnia, well it definately ain't as elaborate or innovative as what you just accomplished. I mean if anyone else out there has just a slight inclination of liking Christopher Nolan's Memento and was sold on the concept of what he was trying to accomplish with that film, then you will like mine. Think of it as if Warner Bros. followed in Sony's route and to make there special limited edition stand out, they released on the second disc the movie going backwards or vice versa. Anyway just rambling, but congrats again and have to give your fan-edit a watch a few more times. :p

Now bring on........JEDI. :D

I hope to watch this in time for the monthly contest. Today I finally burned the edit to DVD and put it in just to make sure the burn worked. Three thoughts regarding the disc itself, rather than the edit:

1) The menu design is...um...ugly. Sorry, have to be truthful. But the custom trailers and logos are quite cool.
2) The image file resulted in a disc name of "Krystal Skull Rebulld" :lol:
3) This is the biggie....I guess I'm the only one who watched the beginning trailers, because I don't "recall" ;) anyone mentioning this...

and now...
the future is here...

JEDI

REMIXED BY JORGE
Can't wait to watch it with my cat!

129199149579459334.gif

I too saw that Jedi thing. Haven't recovered yet. :?:

TV's Frink said:
3) This is the biggie....I guess I'm the only one who watched the beginning trailers, because I don't "recall" ;) anyone mentioning this...

You're not the only one :)

and now...
the future is here...

JEDI

REMIXED BY JORGE

Yeah I did notice this also. My interest is totally piqued! :shock:

Yeah, I noticed it too, but forgot to mention it after I watched.

Jedi, Return of the? Or another PT edit? Hmm...

Ripplin said:
Yeah, I noticed it too, but forgot to mention it after I watched.

Jedi, Return of the? Or another PT edit? Hmm...

Damn it.....now Jorge has got us all curious. I guess we will all have to speculate where he is going with this edit until he gets back from vacation!

Hello from the maritimes my fanedit family. you knew i couldn't stay away for long.
I have a few minutes before the boat is ready so lets play catch up!
TV's Frink said:
I hope to watch this in time for the monthly contest. Today I finally burned the edit to DVD and put it in just to make sure the burn worked. Three thoughts regarding the disc itself, rather than the edit:

1) The menu design is...um...ugly. Sorry, have to be truthful. But the custom trailers and logos are quite cool.
not sure what you mean. are you referring to the image background or the fact that its a simple menu?
If its the latter, I decide to stop making intricate menu designs. they always take me way longer than the actual edit.
fun to make but ultimately i felt i was making them for the wrong reasons.
I prefer to make a simple navigation menu and to get the edit out pronto.
If you want to see fancy menus, check out RAIDERS OF THE KRYSTAL SKULL.

) The image file resulted in a disc name of "Krystal Skull Rebulld" :lol:
Yeah, i tend to re-use my assets.

and now...
the future is here...
JEDI
REMIXED BY JORGE
Can't wait to watch it with my cat!
nice promo huh? but never mind that, the important question is "how was the 5.1 mix?"
I ask because I never have heard it in surroundsound glory. i don't have a surround sound set up so i did it "blind".
I imagined what i hoped it would sound like but have yet to hear it myself.

white43 said:
I did wonder whether this 'Memeno-izing' of films is becoming a bit cliche, I wasn't really a big fan of Jorge's Dark Knight.
dude! there's only 3 mementomixed fanedits! a little early to call them cliches don't you think? :smile:
there are other things you should call cliche (I'm looking at you grindhouse!)

white43 said:
You'll be pleased to know Jorge that afterward I went out for several cigarettes to think about what I'd seen and see if I fully got it and could put it all together!
you make me very happy!

Sunarep said:
hey jorge, after delivering dark knight remixed and now this i thought: will you give batman begins a shot one day?
Never say never. but might have to wait until Nolan's next batman film. as is, i can't see it with BEGINS alone but if the spirit moves you... feel free, join in and start editing!

STANKPAC said:
Damn it.....now Jorge has got us all curious. I guess we will all have to speculate where he is going with this edit until he gets back from vacation!
You will have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid. another thing i don't do is speculate on my fanedits until they are almost ready to be seen. There are a chosen few who know what I'm planning. to you I say "don't give it away!" (you know who you are)
But I hope not to disappoint with my first efforts in the Star Wars universe.
well, the boat's ready. gotta go catch some sea bass.

killbillme said:
not sure what you mean. are you referring to the image background or the fact that its a simple menu?
If its the latter, I decide to stop making intricate menu designs. they always take me way longer than the actual edit.
fun to make but ultimately i felt i was making them for the wrong reasons.
I prefer to make a simple navigation menu and to get the edit out pronto.
It wasn't the simplicity - I have no problems with simple menus (although I enjoy a well done complex one). IIRC, it was the color scheme that caught my eye. It made me think "ugh." But that's just a personal reaction that has no bearing on the quality of the edit. I wouldn't worry about one guy's opinion on fonts and colors ;)
killbillme said:
nice promo huh? but never mind that, the important question is "how was the 5.1 mix?"
I ask because I never have heard it in surroundsound glory. i don't have a surround sound set up so i did it "blind".
I imagined what i hoped it would sound like but have yet to hear it myself.
Unfortunately I just was doing a check to make sure the burn worked so I could delete the rar files. And more unfortunately, when I watch this (hopefully early next week) it will be in 2.0. However, I will try and sample the 5.1 and let you know how it sounds.

Hey Jorge, when you say maritimes, where do you mean? Haha. I'm guessing...........Maine? I dunno. I grew up in New Brunswick, which is about as maritimey as you can get.

TV's Frink said:
And more unfortunately, when I watch this (hopefully early next week) it will be in 2.0.
:shock: I am shocked, Frink! What will cause this departure from your usual viewing practice? :smile:

If I want to watch in 5.1, I probably won't get to it in time to possibly vote for it in this month's contest.

Ripplin said:
Hey Jorge, when you say maritimes, where do you mean? Haha. I'm guessing...........Maine? I dunno. I grew up in New Brunswick, which is about as maritimey as you can get.
I am in New Brunswick. A little town called Sackville. Everyone is so nice and polite.
they all speak english and french but are not freaky about it like the quebequois.
Any points of interest you can recommend?
Today is biking the trans Canada trail. Some brilliant person decide to cover over the old train tracks and turn them into bike paths.
where are you Rip?

Frinky Dinky said:
If I want to watch in 5.1, I probably won't get to it in time to possibly vote for it in this month's contest.
No problem TVF. Just let me know how it worked for you. :grin:

killbillme said:
Ripplin said:
I am in New Brunswick. A little town called Sackville.
What?! Haha. Awesome. I've been there countless times. I grew up in Moncton. Always fun to find out an online acquaintance lives near you or where you grew up. I lived in N.B. my first 20 years, then moved to Ontario in 1998. Haven't been back yet, but would like to visit sometime.

Points of interest, huh? Well, we didn't really explore too much (though I would now that i'm older and have a car), but I guess one thing is the humongous car show they have in Moncton now. Started a coupla years after I left. (ARGH!) I think they had 1,300 cars all along main street last year. If I ever return, I'd definitely try and make that visit coincide with that car show! I think they call it the Canadian Nationals.

I'd love to look around P.E.I., too. Only went once when I was 4 or 5. The only memory I have of it is of being on the ferry, which they rarely have to use anymore. :razz:

Man, this was so enjoyable. Not only did I love the mementoremix aspect, but also big points for getting rid of the more Arnold-ish aspects like the silly violence and what-not. More detailed thoughts to follow...

Back
Top Bottom