• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Big Trouble in Little China: Fully Engorged Edition

I sent the cover art to Nex to make it available to evryone.

phaota said:
Got some errors Nomarch. Various incorporated cut scenes have audio out of sync with the video, most are mild. Those are like a half-a-second off. Noticeable, but not annoying. While others a more visible in the problem. Like the elevator scene when the characters are gased. Had to throw out my first burn, it had a lot of audio out of sync and crashed in the White Tiger. My second copy hasn't shown those problems, gladly. Just the occasional slightly out of sync audio. Whoops, take that back. It has crashed several times during the cut scene when Jack rams the Lords of Death car on the dock.

Without the errors, I really like the edit. Too bad most of the cut scenes were of such poor quality. But, I understand that you had to work with what was available. Just wish the syncing was up to par. Guess the scenes didn't like being reincorporated back into the whole.

must be your burner, haven't had any other complaints. the scenes you mention play just fine on my master.

theres only about 5 mins of crap betamax footage so i guess you probably didnt even notice some of the workprint scenes!

EDIT: ok the lift/gassing scene was out thanks to womble adding in a gap, anyway have corrected it and added a couple more fades in various places as well. other than that it was perfect no sync issues at all.

anyway once the mpeg encodng has finished i'll reauthor it in DVD lab and get it out to either AvP (Xtomo) or Boon.

Cool, maybe that new edition won't have as many audio sync problems. I would probably say around 6 or so scene scattered throughout the film were errored. Other than that, everything played fine, up to the crash at the end.

its either your burner or the brand of media you use, i checked the dvd vob files and the editable mpeg in womble both were perfect other than the gassing scene.

either way i have been through the entire movie again and checked every cut to be sure it was insync so V2 should play great for you.

im surprised noones mentioned this before as BTiLC has been downloaded more than any of my other edits. anyway thanks for the heads up!!

this is my MAD DOG BURTON cover
madog2bp7.jpg

Jack looks very surprised 8) :lol:

these are all pretty nice. i think i like your first the best, although this one is pretty cool. the mad dog one scares me a bit. i didn't think anyone could open their mouth that wide (except for snakes, but they have that cool dislocating jaw thing) :)

all lovely work man! 8) thank you for spending the time to create them!

Apologies to everyone who has already downloaded the file, i cant believe i could of missed such a glaring mistake.

soon as i've checked the final disc i'll get a copy out to Boon and AvP if thats ok?

again sorry folks for wasting the bandwidth with an unfinished product.

ok V2 is ready to go, played around with it a bit more, fixed a couple of very minor audio problems and then ran in through a 6 pass CCE encode, i also cleaned up the scenes that weren't deinterlaced properly.

authoring in dvd lab as i type, assuming all goes well i should have a disc ready by tomorrow to send out.

im also gonna try the NTSC conversion again as now the deinterlacing problem has (hopefully) gone away running it through pulldown shouldn't screw it up.

to be honest the audio glitch might of been a blessing in disguise as if the NTSC version is viable it should put a few smiles on faces.

this was the original problem i was having with the NTSC conversion

bgilcimageaz7.jpg

this is a screen capture from the new NTSC version.

newntscbj5.jpg

as you can see the interlacing is totally gone!!! i've only done a test with this scene, but as it was effected the worst, the rest of the movie should be perfect.

if everything goes well then, unless someone really wants it, im gonna scrap the PAL V2 and just release the NTSC version.

Looks nice.
What filter did you use to clean up the interlacing?

Looks like VDub, it is slower to filter and frameserve than AviSynth... you should learn it.

Also: CCE only needs 3-5 passes at most. There are diminishing returns on progressive encodes. Some people even claim it makes the quality worse.
And there are many who say 1-pass OPV is capable of producing the exact same quality as 3-4 passes.

not me :)
but i like the 1-pass Q-VBR

DoctorM said:
Looks nice.
What filter did you use to clean up the interlacing?

Looks like VDub, it is slower to filter and frameserve than AviSynth... you should learn it.

Also: CCE only needs 3-5 passes at most. There are diminishing returns on progressive encodes. Some people even claim it makes the quality worse.
And there are many who say 1-pass OPV is capable of producing the exact same quality as 3-4 passes.

this guys good! :) yep, it was VDub alright.

for avisynth do i just follow the instructins for converting 4x3 to 16x9 in ADM's guide but obviously changing how i edit the script.

also is there a way i can miss out encoding to avi bit and just go from mpv -> mpv?

with "virtual dub" you can use "virtual dub mpeg 2", which can open m2v files (and mpv files, which is the same)

yeah im using VDubMod. sooo after reading a little of the avisynth documentation. i create a script file, modify it, load that into VDub and then directly frameserve to CCE?

Back
Top Bottom