• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Big Trouble in Little China: Fully Engorged Edition

OK PAL version will be going out to people tomorrow, want to work on the NTSC one and get it right before i release it into the wild.

any ideas, DoctorM, on a conversion would be much appreciated.

I had some interlacing problems before on a NTSC edit and I'll look around for ya too. Let me know when you release the PAL version (or make it downloadable - I'm sure plenty of people are already awaiting copies). I love this film and will do my best. On my Turtles Edit there were similar problems and maybe it can be fixed on a mac (I used FCP to fix the few problems I had).

Just a thought.. I'll look further into it.. btw awesome edit... even just the the idea is awesome... :???:

thanks for all the praise man :) i just hope it (and my editing skills) dont disappoint!

and on to the good news, project is 99% done! the PAL version is being authored rght now.

two problems i noticed.

1 audio is a little quiet during one scene (lasts about 30 seconds) although it might just be because i couldn't find any 'moving elevator' background noise.

2 elevator noise i inserted in the lift scene might be a fraction early. but it might just be me, need a fresh pair of eyes (ears?) to check.

once this release is out the door im gonna have a look at getting this ntsc conversion right. DoctorM and 5acrifice are onboard in an advisory capacity so i think unless the absolute worst comes to the worst ie i have to deinterlace all the deleted scene files and then rebuild the project from scratch, there should be a NTSC version along in the near future.

ok forgot to take out the note about it now being NTSC.

unfortunately this prompted me to decide to also want to get the about screens pin sharp.

and because i need to do that i might as well well go back and fix the audio on that one scene.

sorry i know these sound like niggling little things but if its gonna be right, its gonna be right.

also forgot to mention now that the audio is back to ac3 it'll just about fit on an SL disc without needing to be run through Shrink.

Lettin ya know, any help I can be I will try. Theres no way this can dissapoint.

nOmArch said:
sorry i know these sound like niggling little things but if its gonna be right, its gonna be right.

Hey man, everybody can wait, if you are gonna release it, it should be the best it can be and you are happy with it

Take your time and get it right. Don't rush a project out the door that isn't done. I can certainly wait. BTW, being that you added back in all the cut scenes, do they really make the movie that much better? I know, in the case of "Almost Famous: Untitled Edition", it did. Made that film way better. Are you saying Carpenter's choice of taking the scenes out was a mistake?

with about 75% IMHO a resounding yes, i put the rest in for the sake of completion.

PROJECT FINISHED!!

Disc has been authored, burnt and tested on dvd player.

discs will be going out to boon and xtomo tomorrow.

This makes me think of the scene from Face Off where Nick Cage is singing in the choir.

i10487_3DbtilcEEcoverbyboon23.jpg

Hey Boon... Is that Jack Burdon's hand holding the gun? He's gotta trim his fingernails.

I think he HAS trimmed his fingernails :)

one word. Beautiful.

boon you da man!

Ah, looks like I found something else to get now. This is one of my favorite movies!!

Got some errors Nomarch. Various incorporated cut scenes have audio out of sync with the video, most are mild. Those are like a half-a-second off. Noticeable, but not annoying. While others a more visible in the problem. Like the elevator scene when the characters are gased. Had to throw out my first burn, it had a lot of audio out of sync and crashed in the White Tiger. My second copy hasn't shown those problems, gladly. Just the occasional slightly out of sync audio. Whoops, take that back. It has crashed several times during the cut scene when Jack rams the Lords of Death car on the dock.

Without the errors, I really like the edit. Too bad most of the cut scenes were of such poor quality. But, I understand that you had to work with what was available. Just wish the syncing was up to par. Guess the scenes didn't like being reincorporated back into the whole.

Back
Top Bottom