• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ben-Hur: Prince of Jerusalem by ranger613

kellenpure said:
I like Ben Hur: Prince of Jerusalem. In hearing you guys talking about the chariot race, I'm thinking how a similar scene would be done today, undoubtedly CGI all over the place. Product would not be nearly as cool. CGI has it's uses, but seems like now it's just the easy way out to minimize construction and make-up.
Exactly, in the original chariot race you knew everything happening was real, making it more shocking when someone was pulverized by a chariot. Not the same impact as watching something obviously cgi where you accept it as fake from the get go.

Final release trailer:

tumblr_n92zpccrCo1tew1ifo2_1280.jpg

WOWZERS!!!

I am so in love with your poster!!! Fantastic!!!
Very cool trailer too.

I am so pumped to watch this! :)

^^ Pretty damned awesome epic style poster. Couple of points though:

- The way you've stretched the image top and bottom is very obvious. Have you got a link to the original image?
- The font you've used for POJ is too modern and is clashing with the classic stylings of the rest of the text. Try something else perhaps?

Love the trailer too! (I wish I could do trailers :()

bionicbob said:
WOWZERS!!!

I am so in love with your poster!!! Fantastic!!!
Very cool trailer too.

I am so pumped to watch this! :)

Thanks bionicbob! I'm only able to do this by following the inspiration of you awesome guys on here. Cheers! And I really would love to see what you think of it. Just submitted the final cut which I'm very happy with. I'll send you the links if you like. :)

TM2YC said:
^^ Pretty damned awesome epic style poster. Couple of points though:

- The way you've stretched the image top and bottom is very obvious. Have you got a link to the original image?
- The font you've used for POJ is too modern and is clashing with the classic stylings of the rest of the text. Try something else perhaps?

Love the trailer too! (I wish I could do trailers :()

Thanks TM2YC ! I agree with your points-- had a hard time finding matching font.. I've attached the original image here, and I think a higher res one can be found at my tumblr page (linked below)
tumblr_n9358fyzzB1tew1ifo1_500.jpg

And I'd love to help you make trailers (mine are not great but I hope they get the job done!)
Thanks man

It ain't perfect but this was the best I could do...

(^ Click to get fullsize image)

TM2YC, thanks so much!! Looks amazing, I made two versions of the poster which I hope fit the font better; 1)
tumblr_n939o10Frz1tew1ifo1_500.jpg

and 2)
tumblr_n939o10Frz1tew1ifo2_500.jpg

I still have to center the text, etc, but was just wondering which one looked better..

50th Anniversary should probably be removed, right? Considering that was five years ago? Cool trailer by the way.

I prefer Version One.:)

Also I agree, if the 50 Anniversary could be removed, that would be better.

But still.... very EPIC! :thumb:

DominicCobb said:
50th Anniversary should probably be removed, right? Considering that was five years ago? Cool trailer by the way.

bionicbob said:
I prefer Version One.:)

Also I agree, if the 50 Anniversary could be removed, that would be better.

But still.... very EPIC! :thumb:

Thanks guys, really appreciate the good feedback. I tried blotting out the 50th anniversary, but them it got too obviously noticeable from even the small poster that I think I'll have to leave it (my poster editing skills are limited lol)-- the version I edited was the 50th anniversary restoration anyway.. I dunno.

Cheers my friends

Here is a copy of TM2YC's pic with the 50th Anniversary text removed for you, hope it helps ^_^

^ Great work! :)

This is why I love this Forum!!! :love:

Wow [MENTION=28185]SmellySkunk[/MENTION] thanks man!! That's so awesome. Cheers man [emoji3]

No worries, glad to be of service. Just wish I had the talent and time to do what you guys do ^_^

Are we aware of the awful comment left on the review page? Why would someone feel the need to leave a score of 1 just because they have a problem with the way Ranger chose to tell the story? On top of that, they DIDN'T CHOOSE TO WATCH THE EDIT!

This should be considered a sort of violation or something. We come here to share our ideas, not have someone crap over it because they are a worshiper of the movie.

musiced921 said:
Are we aware of the awful comment left on the review page? Why would someone feel the need to leave a score of 1 just because they have a problem with the way Ranger chose to tell the story? On top of that, they DIDN'T CHOOSE TO WATCH THE EDIT!

This should be considered a sort of violation or something. We come here to share our ideas, not have someone crap over it because they are a worshiper of the movie.

Thanks man.. I'm like its fine if u hate the edit, but why would you review it if you never even watched it?

Hopefully you can get it taken down. I'd hate that your work and the level of viewership on the edit could be effected by some jerk.

Infuriated at the moment over this.

Back
Top Bottom