• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ben-Hur: Prince of Jerusalem by ranger613

Thanks all, just woken up and seen that "review". I've deleted it.

Reading between the lines, I'm sure he strongly objected to your edit because you cut out Jesus :oops:.

TM2YC said:
Thanks all, just woken up and seen that "review". I've deleted it.

Reading between the lines, I'm sure he strongly objected to your edit because you cut out Jesus :oops:.

Lol thank you TM2YC. Best part is I didnt even cut out Jesus-- just one scene of him walking on a field, and the sermon on the mount. Anyway, thanks man :)

ranger613 said:
Lol thank you TM2YC. Best part is I didnt even cut out Jesus-- just one scene of him walking on a field, and the sermon on the mount. Anyway, thanks man :)

What?! You have cut that out?!! Prepare for my rightfully devastating review.

Well, let's take it positively. We're obviously starting to reach the "general public" and not just faneditors. So we're getting people who don't quite understand what we're on about.
I can understand the poor guy getting quite upset at you cutting out the "rise of Christianity" bits if he doesn't understand about alternative takes - to him it would seem like an ATTACK ON CHRISTIANITY, rather than a thought experiment with the film. :)
Thanks for sorting things out TM2YC.

NewSpock said:
No worries. Review it however you feel. Please watch the edit before reviewing first tho.

This was the original review, with a score of all 1's:

Sir, I am not writing this as an insult to you or your ability as an editor, but I have decided to tell you that I will not be downloading your edit. For many years, Ben Hur has always been one of my favorite films, and I feel that your edit is unnecessary and would not do justice to what this movie (either the silent, or this one) or the book itself has portrayed. Even though you have focused your edit on Ben Hur itself and his thirst for revenge, it was his own journey and encounter with something higher than himself leading to his redemption that I loved about the film. According to your description, you have essentially left his redemption as something that he had achieved through a means other than what the author and filmmakers presented, and that is something that I do not agree with. Good Luck with you and whatever you decide to do next.

Aww, dammit, Ranger.
That was really unfair.
Hoisting a pile of 1s without even watching your edit.
Glad the MODs removed it.

ranger613 said:
NewSpock said:
No worries. Review it however you feel. Please watch the edit before reviewing first tho.

:-D I think NS might have been being sarcastic?

Back
Top Bottom