• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I have to say, I did enjoy this film to an extent, and certainly more than The Dark Knight Rises (which depressed me the more I thought about it).

Granted, I read the reviews and fan responses, talked to people I work with and watched it with good friends who coached me on what to expect going in.

That really doesn't paint a good picture for the movie that it took that much to get some enjoyment out of it, but it is what it is.

For the first time I was genuinely scared shitless by Batman, and in his first scene no less. That, combined with the Arkham-style brawling and stylistic choices really created an impressive live-action Batman that holds it's own with the rest.

Cavill did a pretty good job as well, particularly as a very human Clark Kent.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Wonder Woman's part in this. Gal herself and the presentation were perfect. 

The rest? Yikes.

Lex Luthor was terrible until the last scene.

Alfred made me wish Bruce would punch him in the face...repeatedly.

Perry White was awful.   
You can't have newspaper editors telling random journalists "you're on sports today
This.

Then the movie itself was a combination of director indulgent and studio meddling mashed together.

It's amazing I liked it as much as I did, really.

Loved this.... pretty much hilariously nails it.... :D :p

I 'd just like to state for the record amidst all the criticism that I actually thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It entertained me wholeheartedly for nearly 3 hours. Job done, no? :)
(And I really want to see it again - job definitely done?)

Well, file this under "sick but funny":

Gaith said:
Well, file everything by Mark Millar under "sick but funny":

^ FTFY.

Our Ultimate edition trailer

Yay, it's got Wunmi Mosaku in. She should be in more stuff. Apart from that meh... I'll still buy it for the fanedits though ;) .

dangermouse said:
I 'd just like to state for the record amidst all the criticism that I actually thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It entertained me wholeheartedly for nearly 3 hours. Job done, no? :)
(And I really want to see it again - job definitely done?)

I completely agree it kept me entertained throughout and I enjoyed almost everything in it.. Although I do think that there were plenty of things that the fan edit community can fix and or tighten up. Overall it was good and once the ultimate cut comes out there should be more than enough material to work with.

This fan film is pretty entertaining... some nice commentary about an old fashion style hero in a modern world.  Though Bruce Wayne seemed a tad on the wacko side.... lol.

A damning indictment of Snyder's "moments over scenes" M.O. from the YouTuber Nerdwriter:

I loved this.... :D

I three minute parody music video gets more right than Snyder's nearly 3 hour opus....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgdkQUWg6g[/video]

(heck, it gets more right than Nolan too...  :p)

Bane brought the fiya yo!

KingoftheGundam79 said:
Has anyone seen this?

I have! And I have to say, I might reconsider seeing Wonder Woman, but I'm going to wait for reviews first before making a final decision on if I am going to watch it or not.

Honesty, it's the only DC movie I'm actually looking forward to seeing. Wonder Woman's an awesome character that should've gotten to the big screen a LOOOOOONNNG time ago.

bionicbob said:
I loved this.... :D

I three minute parody music video gets more right than Snyder's nearly 3 hour opus....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgdkQUWg6g[/video]

(heck, it gets more right than Nolan too...  :p)

I actually really, really like how the Joker in this looks. Can we get that look for the DCEU please?

The hero lineup at the end even made sense with the context of the song. Dick Grayson Nightwing, Carrie Kelly Robin, I assume Cassandra Cain Batgirl, and Barbara Gordon Oracle.

I'm not a fan of the Taylor Swift original and it's really close to that, musically. I would have preferred they applied this concept to a different sing but whatever. Other than that the only thing I'd add is Red Hood in the villain lineup.

Back
Top Bottom