• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman Beyond/Year One/Future DCAU Projects

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
I hadn't had much time but this is what I have so far.
27078550.jpg

It's in layers so I can still move stuff around before adding text.
I'm not sure if the cover is "too busy" though.

Just watched this and Batman Beyond.

Flawless. The work JT did putting this together made it seem like an actual episode of Batman: TAS. The transistions between scenes and flashbacks were flawless and i could find no problems with hard cuts, nor did I find any problems with the audio.

Year One is Bruce Wayne's first journey into fighting crime, his trials if you will. It is in this short film that Bruce learns what it is to lead a double life, and what it may cost him if he continued on one path instead of the other. The film ends with Brice donning the familiar cape and cowl, and the familiar Batman theme playing in the background. With Alfred looking on with a "I think I just pooped in my pants look" when he first sees Batman, the film ends with the glowing white eyes of Batman.

JT has done a great service with this and BB, and if Year One becomes part of a larger set of Batman related films in the dcau, I would love to review them all, compilation or not.

10/10

I honestly cannot think of anything else about Batman Beyond Uncut that white43 didn't cover in his review. I love it. 10 out of 10.

Thanks Kaine, I really appreciate your reviews and hope you do continue to check out my work with the DCAU and further! :smile:

I dunno 23 minutes is really hard to justify as an edit to me, not really a film at all, it'd be like cutting TMP down to 15 mins and calling that Star Wars:Year One edit... I mean yeah I could do it, but whats the point?

everything above 15 minutes is according to our rules a fanedit. And actually it is not easy to tell a good story in a short movie.
But if you can do better, mystory64, I think it is time you show us. People seem to enjoy these edits so far, so I think there is no reason to put them down because of their length.

You seem to have just a problem with me in general Mystory64, why don't you watch it before putting it down, huh?

Jack I don't have a problem with anyone on this board, if you look at my post history I do nothing but praise and compliment fan-editors. All I had to say was I didn't get a 23 min cut of an hour long film, if you had planned on re-arranging the BTAS in a way that actually emulated the Batman-Year One graphic novel than THAT would something I could understand, just my opinion that's all. As for the Predator 3 thing... well that has its own thread. If I came across in a way that was rude then thats my bad and I apologize, I do however feel no reason to keep from posting my opinon so long as its honest and without malice. My gosh thats what I get I guess lol

mystory64 said:
Jack I don't have a problem with anyone on this board, if you look at my post history I do nothing but praise and compliment fan-editors. All I had to say was I didn't get a 23 min cut of an hour long film, if you had planned on re-arranging the BTAS in a way that actually emulated the Batman-Year One graphic novel than THAT would something I could understand, just my opinion that's all. As for the Predator 3 thing... well that has its own thread. If I came across in a way that was rude then thats my bad and I apologize, I do however feel no reason to keep from posting my opinon so long as its honest and without malice. My gosh thats what I get I guess lol

Well I will take back what I said, but I still think you shouldn't speak up about running time until you see the product itself. It's impossible to make Year One using the series. I mean, Robin is in more than half of them. The only outlet was MOTP or The Batman, but the animations styles are different and The Batman isn't very good....

Jack I'l ldef watch it, I think that perhaps if there were a way to make it a cartoon that played before an 1989 Edit, as perhaps a proluge.. ah well look I've apologized plenty lol I'll be sure to keep my 2 cents to myself in th e future.

Boon - So you know I do have a fan-edit I've been working on but until its near completion I refuse to post on it, however, I've heard plenty of times that people aren't required to have an edit to have an opinion over one... but ok I'll def keep that in mind.

mystory64 said:
Jack I'l ldef watch it, I think that perhaps if there were a way to make it a cartoon that played before an 1989 Edit, as perhaps a proluge.. ah well look I've apologized plenty lol I'll be sure to keep my 2 cents to myself in th e future.

Boon - So you know I do have a fan-edit I've been working on but until its near completion I refuse to post on it, however, I've heard plenty of times that people aren't required to have an edit to have an opinion over one... but ok I'll def keep that in mind.

Well no, I actually want to hear your two cents. Just after you watch ;) I think it works very well as a prequel to Batman, especially since The Joker is a mobster in it as well and has a cameo.

mystory64 said:

all aboard the sarcasm train

I'd also like to announce that Batman: Triumphant, a campy sequel to Batman & Robin that features Ras Al Ghul as the sole villain, should be available soon. I am also planning what episodes to use for the seventh film in the series. :p

JT, you should def do some Robin related dcau projects.

Sorry this took so long but here is my first cover :lol:

batmanbeyondbyzeppelinrl.jpg

Full size download link is
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/221840810/Batman_Beyond_coverart_by_zeppelinrox.zip

I took Spellbinder off off the front cover to simplify it but added a bit of an emboss for the logo and batman himself, for a slight 3D effect.

edited: I changed the above link because I updated the cover

Back
Top Bottom