• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

I'm fine with that too. Nolan's tasteful and decent enough for it to not leave a sour taste.

I bet that's another "inside source" ala "Riddler will be the villain in batman 3"

Further more, director Chris Nolan has too much respect for Heath Ledger and the late actor’s family to resurrect him.
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Now I respect Nolan even more! :)

yep, but I'm pretty sure some people at WB were playing with the thought...

luckily Inception and Dark Knight are in the top 25 of worldwide boxoffice, so they will not get scared that they have to make it more customer friendly or it won't make money

i say screw the fanboy pleasing and give us a coherent story

Well I think the picture below explains why Nolan wanted Hardy for Bane. The guy is just a class act... plus he's hardcore. Anne Hathaway I like cause she's a good actress and she gets naked a lot:-D. So I'm very happy with the casting to be honest:p

tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

Yeah, it could have been a lot worse. At least they're both good actors. My gripe is that none of these are really proper main character villains. Bane is usually a sidekick, or at least collaborating with someone else. Most of the time Catwoman isn't even a proper villain. I wonder if we'll see one more... The Riddler is out, unfortunately, but I would have loved a realistic Penguin played by an angry and violent Bob Hoskins or possibly a more scheming Philip Seymour Hoffman. And, for some reason, the latent anger of a usually straight guy would work for a Bats villain too. I actually think Colin Firth (yes, I'm serious) could do a great villain. There's that faint look of hostility in his eyes, waiting to get out. It would be a beautiful 180 degree career turn, just like Bill Pullman did with Lost Highway. (Or kinda like Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight, for that matter.)

I hope they dont add another villian. It just gets messy with too many. I dont mind that they are using "minor" villians, and I hope they use some creative license and flesh them out a bit more. I'm no fanboy, so I really don't care if it deviates from the comics. I trust he'll make another good film.

The other films had multiple villains, and they weren't messy at all. Begins had Ra's, Scarecrow and Falcone (not a freak-villain, but still) and even a cameo appearance by Mr. Zsasz. The Dark Knight had Maroni, various other mobsters, Two-Face and the Joker. And since Selina really isn't a proper villain, I'm pretty confident we will see more than Bane, especially considering Bane's relative unimportance in the grand scheme of things. I would still love Lex Luthor or another DC universe villain, but it's nigh-impossible at this stage. I think a realistic Penguin either in cahoots or in a power struggle with Bane would be nice, with Catwoman disrupting their plans, grand heroine style. If done right.

not going to argue, but "various other mobsters" hardly categorizes as another villian. And I think that Two-face is equally "unproper" a villian as catwoman. Also, I wouldn't rely on Nolan sticking to the comics and keeping Bane unimportant. Who knows where he'll go with him.

But I do agree with your final comment about catwoman disrupting plans. It just seems to fit the character, and whether or not its the penguin, i would guess thats how catwoman is utilized.

I meant the Chechen mafiaoso, Mr Lau and their ilk. But anyway, Maroni and Falcone both have a Penguin-like position in the Batman universe. Maroni's been there since the beginning (the first Two-Face story in 1941, I think?), and Falcone was the key player in both Year One and in the Long Halloween storyline. The Penguin is a more traditionally freaky villain, of course, but he's never had any weirdness about him the mafia hasn't apart from weird looks (if you discount Batman Returns). He would fit the themes of The Dark Knight beautifully. A better class of criminal. He's like the mafia, only he's a freak. With Maroni more or less out of commision, someone needs to take over.

Bane has occasionally been really important in the comics, actually. But I don't think he can carry a film. If anyone can make Bane a good and worthy character it's Hardy, though.

I wouldn't be suprised if there was a 3rd villian. In the Dark Knight the whole PR machine was focused on The Joker but once everyone saw the film Two Faced seemed to be more important to the overall story. And you've only got to look at how they publiscised Inception on the net leading up to the fim's release, they hardly gave anything away story wise. I reckon there's gonna be a few more suprises yet.

Bane broke Batman's freakin' back. If that's not important I don't know what is.

I keep saluting Nolan for not doing what everyone expects from him
I have been growing really tired of the wannabe insiders proclaiming hugo strange as if it were a fact

and look what Nolan did with Two-Face which had never been properly dramatically interpreted on film ever.
Bane is good. Black Mask is also one of my favs.

I'm well aware of the fact that Bane broke Batman's back. What I meant is that Bane has had few major story arcs to his name, and he's relatively new in the grand scheme of things. He's under-used in major stories. Even Jeph Loeb, who likes to cram every villain into into all his stories (even Solomon Grundy!), had no place for Bane. He's just not in the main group of Bat villains. That's what I meant by unimportant. But he's more important (whatever that really means) than villains like Hugo Strange or The Monk, that's for damn sure. I'm sure it will be good. I was just trying to explain my theory why I don't think he will be the sole villain (Catwoman doesn't really count as a villain).

:eek:Anne. :eek:Hathaway. :eek:Catwoman. :eek:Suit. :eek:Midnight. :eek:Showing. :eek:

reave said:
:eek:Anne. :eek:Hathaway. :eek:Catwoman. :eek:Suit. :eek:Midnight. :eek:Showing. :eek:
:jaw:Anne Hathaway... :icon_eek: in a body suit...?:faint:

I'm curious how Hathaway will perform since I think she's a good actress, only problem is that I have a bad taste in my mouth thinking about the last of her performances I saw:

anne_hathaway_alice_in_wonderland-wide.jpg

Back
Top Bottom