• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

dark4181 said:
I just watched Q2's Terminator 4 AVCHD and it works a charm, great picture quality; so he might be able to get you set up with that. Personally, if you just want to put up a straight BD25, I'm cool with that, as I have a nice BD burner.

I did download the DVD version of Recycled, and it's really nice. Removing all the extreme environmental and political crap was great, it took out 95% of what I didn't like about the original. Although, I could have done without the "Jake betrays the Na'vi" subplot, like in the Pandora edit that's on the site.

I think I have the AVCHD issue worked out now, and I think I'll have it up hopefully by the end of the weekend.

I will be releasing a full BD25 as well, it's actually already done, just not uploaded yet.

As for the "Jake betrays the Na'vi" subplot, to me it was a pretty minor part of the movie, and I do not like at all what needs to be done to the Hometree scene in order to make it work. It just wasn't something I was willing to do.

Kevinicus said:
dark4181 said:
I just watched Q2's Terminator 4 AVCHD and it works a charm, great picture quality; so he might be able to get you set up with that. Personally, if you just want to put up a straight BD25, I'm cool with that, as I have a nice BD burner.

I did download the DVD version of Recycled, and it's really nice. Removing all the extreme environmental and political crap was great, it took out 95% of what I didn't like about the original. Although, I could have done without the "Jake betrays the Na'vi" subplot, like in the Pandora edit that's on the site.

I think I have the AVCHD issue worked out now, and I think I'll have it up hopefully by the end of the weekend.

I will be releasing a full BD25 as well, it's actually already done, just not uploaded yet.

As for the "Jake betrays the Na'vi" subplot, to me it was a pretty minor part of the movie, and I do not like at all what needs to be done to the Hometree scene in order to make it work. It just wasn't something I was willing to do.

Fair enough

Well, megaupload is not my friend. Too many errors when uploading, so the AVCHD is about halfway uploaded. Hopefully it'll be up and ready tomorrow.

720p AVCHD with ac3 5.1 audio, animated menu, and deleted scenes is now up at MU.

Kevinicus said:
720p AVCHD with ac3 5.1 audio, animated menu, and deleted scenes is now up at MU.

Awesome! Downloading now!

Kevinicus said:

Awesome!

A one-minute download has to be a record.

:razz:

Has anyone seen the new special edition release in theaters? If so, is any of the new footage worthwhile?

I'll consider adding more material into the edit when the blu-ray comes out in November, but am wondering if any one has any thoughts now?

The blu-ray for this is now available, and so is the blu-ray cover art (including inside cover image).

Final Blu-ray cover:

Out of curiosity how big is the BR release?

Kevinicus said:
The blu-ray for this is now available, and so is the blu-ray cover art (including inside cover image).

Final Blu-ray cover:

Sweet :D What does the inside cover image look like?

Rogue-theX said:
Kevinicus said:

Final Blu-ray cover:

Sweet :D What does the inside cover image look like?

It's just a still image from the film (Jake in front of the Avatar in tube) but it works pretty well.

Congrats on your edit making it's way to the greatest fanedit's page Kevinicus.

Rogue-theX said:
Congrats on your edit making it's way to the greatest fanedit's page Kevinicus.

Thanks. I hadn't seen that. That's pretty cool.

looking forward to seein this. i haven't seen the original version of AVATAR yet. been holding off on it, tho i did snag the Blu-Ray dvd combo of it. i started downloading it yesturday and was almost completely finished when the last two files were having problems with it.

I'll be doing v2 of this once I get done with my Kung Fu Kid edit. I sat down last night to watch the extended and deleted scenes.

I'll probably be doing some of the Earth opening, though I'm a bit peeved that I'll have to remove the stupid voice overs all over again. I'm also not thrilled with the shot at the beginning of everyone walking around wearing masks. It kind of goes against the point of my edit.

I'll probably include some of the Na'vi school part, but I'm not sure how much. I'm not fond of the placement of the 2nd part about Neytiri's sister, and I'm not sure that information really adds anything to the narrative either.

I'll add the hunting scene back in, and the attack on the dozers and the aftermath. This scene definitely tones down the evilness of the humans a little.

I'll probably add the Tsu-tey death stuff as well.

As for the deleted scenes, there wasn't much that I found to be too interesting, and some of it was pretty bad stuff. The few scenes I might have found to be useful weren't finished enough to be of any use.

Ok, an update on this.

I finally got off my ass (so to speak) and started working on the extended edition of this edit. I've finished most of the preliminary work and just need to work what I've done into the edit. After that I'll try to improve the audio at a few points and it should be good to go. I'm not going to throw out any dates or anything, but I'm confident that in the not too distant future this version will be complete and available.

There aren't too many big changes with the extended edition, but here's what will be different:

A shortened version of the Earth opening will begin the film.
The hunting scene from the exteneded edition will be reinserted into the film.
The Na'vi attack and aftermath scene that leads to the attack on hometree will be reinserted into the film.

Thats it for major changes. There were a few other scenes I liked somewhat, but utlimately felt they didn't really reveal anything new about any characters (the history of the school) or just did not make sense logically (Jake being in his Avatar to witness Tsu'tey's death when they weren't really an option due to the damage done to the station with the pods). There were also a few scenes I would have used in the deleted material but they were not finished enough to be used.

Minor fixes (I hope) will include improving the sound effects on a few places where I cut out voice overs (I might be the only one to notice this since I've gone over those spots so many times), and changing a line during the scene where they explain to Jake why they want the Na'vi out of hometree.

After this is done...supposedly I'll finally start work on "The Path of the One" Matrix sequels edit, but I'm itching to work on Deathly Hallows when it's released, and will consider a TF3 edit (I won't even bother with this until the 3D special edition is released later this year.

Back
Top Bottom