• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the dvd cover, so far.

When is the HD version becoming available? I want that version!

I'm working on the menus right now, then I'll start uploading it, which will probably take about 4 days to a week (full BR). After that I'll get the AVCHD, and then a new DVD to replace what is currently available.

Kevinicus said:
I'm working on the menus right now, then I'll start uploading it, which will probably take about 4 days to a week (full BR). After that I'll get the AVCHD, and then a new DVD to replace what is currently available.

Sounds good. I'll be anxiously waiting the AVCHD release!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to use for background music on my menus? I would use clips from the soundtrack, but I don't own that, and of course it has to be one of the far too many pieces of music that aren't included in the zune pass and still have to be purchased outright.

Theme from Benny Hill?

;)

Nah, I used that in a church video once.

Kevinicus said:
I would use clips from the soundtrack, but I don't own that
The end credits feature a pretty big chunk of score, might be useful?

watching the dvd release right now and i must say the editing is very good, removing the voiceovers by jake just shows how utterly redundant this information was.
One thing i spotted: when norm and grace talk to each other there are no subtitles for their Na'vi - is that on purpose?

another question: are you planning to insert the earth scenes when we finally get the special edition blu ray?

Sunarep said:
watching the dvd release right now and i must say the editing is very good, removing the voiceovers by jake just shows how utterly redundant this information was.
One thing i spotted: when norm and grace talk to each other there are no subtitles for their Na'vi - is that on purpose?

another question: are you planning to insert the earth scenes when we finally get the special edition blu ray?

I'll have to see the scenes before determining if I add them in.

As for the Na'vi in that scene, I decided not to add them in because really they add nothing, the audience gets the idea that Norm can speak it fine, and it's obvious Grace is ignoring Jake and focusing on Norm. The substance of what was said was really irrelevant (and lame), so I didn't bother.

Really enjoyed this edit, the picture is clear even on the regular dvd version, removing the voiceovers helps especially at the beginning where we now can just focus on cameron's beautiful images
only thing that bugged me: removing quaritch talking about jake's legs was a little annoying since in the original it is made clear that one can be healed if he has the money - in the story that this edit tells we are left to wonder: why can they reproduce entire bodies from aliens and humans but not fix jake?

enjoyment of original avatar: 7/10
enjoyment of this edit: 8/10

with new earth scenes coming to blu ray and probably more scenes that flesh out selfridge I'm looking forward to the extended fanedit, cudos kevinicus, very very professionally done, as was the transformers 2 edit i watched, but this time it was an edit of a movie i actually liked :lol:

I think that kind of fits in with real world medical science. There's a difference between growing something from scratch and growing something and then replacing it in a host. In theory we're not far off from cloning (that is if we couldn't now if it was allowed). And I think it would almost be easier to make a new Jake than create a new spine to replace the one he has.

I find it much more absurd to think if someone got shot and paralyzed in battle that they wouldn't fix it based on how much money the soldier has.

Kevinicus said:
I think that kind of fits in with real world medical science. There's a difference between growing something from scratch and growing something and then replacing it in a host. In theory we're not far off from cloning (that is if we couldn't now if it was allowed). And I think it would almost be easier to make a new Jake than create a new spine to replace the one he has.
Yeahhhh.... no, I don't really buy that: considering that the technology of this movie universe includes pods that transfer a person's mind and self into another being's body perfectly with absolute pristine motor and neurological control, I think we left "real world medical science" quite a while ago. :p

well we always have the advantage that avatar is mostly a fantasy story with some sci fi elements, so no big deal if it's not really sci fi :p

EDIT: Would it possible to change the "I see you" song at the end to some instrumental score?
and this might be nitpicky, but i neither liked the green avatar font at the end nor the lion king sounds when jake opens his eyes...

Sunarep said:
well we always have the advantage that avatar is mostly a fantasy story with some sci fi elements, so no big deal if it's not really sci fi :p

EDIT: Would it possible to change the "I see you" song at the end to some instrumental score?
and this might be nitpicky, but i neither liked the green avatar font at the end nor the lion king sounds when jake opens his eyes...

If you have any suggestions, please offer them up. I am not real big into music, so I really have no idea where I'd even start looking to find something that would fit well. But I've also never sat through more than 5 seconds of that song :)

JasonN said:
I think we left "real world medical science" quite a while ago. :p

Exactly, so we shouldn't worry about it.

Kevinicus said:
Sunarep said:

If you have any suggestions, please offer them up. I am not real big into music, so I really have no idea where I'd even start looking to find something that would fit well. But I've also never sat through more than 5 seconds of that song :)

How about "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion? Oh... wait... :smile:

I'd say the part of the track "gathering the clans" after the "singing" where this slow instrumental stuff comes would fight
and after that jake's first flight

Do you know where I can get clean tracks for those?

Back
Top Bottom