• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

I grabbed the soundtrack from zellers. Don't know if this helps or not.

I just don't think I want to spend any money on the soundtrack or even single tracks. Not for a part of the movie that generally 98% of people don't see or hear, including myself.

I had a song from my wife's collection that I would have loved to use, as it fits the movie pretty well, but the sound doesn't work right for what's there.

Would it be possible to remix that song? with your wife's permission of course, so that it blends better.

I don't think so. But like I said, that's a very insignificant part of the movie for me.

i found the perfect song:

[youtube:x432rqi2]

I guess I needs to go buy me some DVD-DL discs to test out this AVCHD/BD-9 (whatever the hell it is). Blu-ray was completed a few days ago, I have both inside and outside cover art (similar to DVD), animated menus (main menu is pretty close to what retail blu-ray is), and "deleted scenes."

AVCHD/BD-9 is 720p.

Still not a huge fan of the quality, but it definitely looks better than a DVD. I suppose if you don't have too big a TV you won't notice the quality difference with BR too much.

Ok, since it appears dual layer DVDs cost pretty much the same, if not more, than BD-R discs, then I'm gonna have to test it out as a BD-5 and just assume if it works, then the BD-9 will as well.

I'll be testing it on my PS3, and possibly a Samsung BD player.

Kevinicus said:
Ok, since it appears dual layer DVDs cost pretty much the same, if not more, than BD-R discs, then I'm gonna have to test it out as a BD-5 and just assume if it works, then the BD-9 will as well.

I'm not sure where you're seeing these prices, but the lowest I've seen for a 25GB BD-R is about $7 and the lowest for a DVD-DL is $2.50.

I still think AVCHD is the way to go because most people have a DVD burner in their computer and not a Blu-Ray burner. You can get really good 720p HD on a DVD-DL disk. Just my opinion though.

I pay about $1-1.50 for BD-R at meritline.com

I'll make the AVCHD, but for testing purposes I'm gonna have to use single layer because nobody around here sells single DL discs and I'm not spending the money on larger bundles.

thunderclap said:
I'm not sure where you're seeing these prices, but the lowest I've seen for a 25GB BD-R is about $7 and the lowest for a DVD-DL is $2.50.
:shock:

$2.50? Where are you buying? I buy Verbatim DL 20 pack for $25 on Amazon.

But yes, I agree AVCHD is the way to go since most people don't have a blu-burner.

TV's Frink said:
thunderclap said:
:shock:

$2.50? Where are you buying? I buy Verbatim DL 20 pack for $25 on Amazon.

Dang. I'm getting screwed by my media distributor!

Okay, when it comes to AVCHD, I really don't know what I'm doing. Every time I think I've got it, it doesn't work out.

I've tried following what I find online, but it hasn't worked well. I tested what I had on a SL DVD, burned with UDF 2.5 yada yada, and put it in my PS3 and nothing happens.

I open it with PowerDVD on my computer and it runs and starts playing the menus, but it doesn't allow me to select anything. I'm not sure what compatibility issues there are.

I'm tempted to just upload what I have for a DL-DVD and hope it works for those who want it. If it doesn't, they'd still have the video files needed.

Can you put an AVCHD on a DVD-5? I thought it had to be a DVD-9.

@Kevinicus: What program are you using to make the AVCHD?

@TVF: You can burn AVCHD to DVD-5 but you're going to have to drop the bitrate to 3 or 4 which will seriously degrade the HD quality. Most recommend at least 6 (I used 7.5 - 8).

Burning with Nero, created with BD-Rebuilder.

I created one for my transformers edit with Nero, but Nero doesn't allow 720p for some reason when it creates them. I never tested that one, so really I don't even know if that worked.

I could still test mine on my Samsung 3D BR player I guess.

Never heard of BD-Rebuilder. I use multiAVCHD to create my AVCHD discs. Sorry... thought I might be able to help.

Tried it on my Samsung player (which for some reason didn't work when connected via HDMI) and got the same result as PowerDVD, it plays the menu, but doesn't allow me to navigate.

I'm going to use Nero, I was wrong and it will allow 720p. I just have to create the menus again, in which case I'm going to go very, VERY basic, and there will be fewer chapters and they will all be on one menu page. I think.

Edit: I hate Nero. I created all the menus and set it to 720p but for some reason it's locking the bitrate at 4000 kb/s. I can switch to 1440 x 1080 and get like 6000 kb/s (I think I may have to go with this). I have no idea why it does this, and their tech support is worse than worthless.

I just watched Q2's Terminator 4 AVCHD and it works a charm, great picture quality; so he might be able to get you set up with that. Personally, if you just want to put up a straight BD25, I'm cool with that, as I have a nice BD burner.

I did download the DVD version of Recycled, and it's really nice. Removing all the extreme environmental and political crap was great, it took out 95% of what I didn't like about the original. Although, I could have done without the "Jake betrays the Na'vi" subplot, like in the Pandora edit that's on the site.

Back
Top Bottom