• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Tubes said:
Not bad, really. Cameron framed the film for both aspect ratios, even in post, so it's not like we're losing the director's intent like a fullscreen release. Just annoying for those looking to incorporate the scenes into a fanedit, because it's going to entail reframing either the deleted scenes (and losing precious resolution) or reframing the entire film to scope (which will take forever and a day).
Damn, my eyes must be off editing-wise (being away from editing for so many months), as I didn't even notice that while watching those scenes. :oops:

Well that does rather suck, in addition to the only 2.0 stereo mix for the deleted scenes audio.

Tubes said:
Next time I get a chance, I'm going to compare the flat and scope compositions for the bits of the deleted scenes that cross over into the finished film. I doubt that Cameron reframed every scene specifically and probably chose a common line (top third or center) for scope framing.
Did my own comparison of the "Pandora Rules" scene with the same video that was in the film and the scope bars were simply overlayed over the film, so it'd be pretty easy to add those deleted scenes listed back into the film and just add black bars overlays over the video to give the film a scope AR.

Back
Top Bottom