• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Answer a movie quote with a movie quote!

Don't kill him! If you kill him, he won't learn nothin'!

If you torture this asshole long enough, he'll tell you he started the God damned Chicago fire. But that DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE IT FUCKING SO! Come on, man! Think!

I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly.'

^Just in case we get killed, I wanted to tell you, YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST D*CK I'VE EVER SEEN ON A MAN.

It's getting dangerous to be poor in this country.

Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.

Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.

That's why you keep coming back here. You're not free. You need this place to feel alive. It's pathetic.

"Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!"

By jixby

Contained on this DVD-R is the complete Criterion laserdisc treatment of John Waters' Polyester. This is NOT meant to replace the currently-available edition on DVD, which is pretty nice in it's own right what with it's anamorphic picture and director commentary and theatrical trailer and replica odor-rama card (all of which you can't get on this DVD-R). Rather, it's meant to supplement your current legally-owned DVD release in order to make your life more complete. I have made a painstaking effort to replicate the laserdisc and all of it's extra features and audio tracks and even chapter stops. Contained on it is 3 and a half hours of material previously unseen on DVD.

There is a whole slew of extra stuff on this laserdisc that you can't get on DVD. Here's the breakdown for each audio track:

Audio Track #1:

Chapter 1: Opening/Logos
Chapters 2-42: The Movie (original audio)
Chapter 43: Supplement Opening (same audio on all tracks)
Chapter 44: No Smoking in This Theater (original audio; NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 45: Polyester Production Scrapbook (Tab Hunter commentary)/Whatever Happened to Showmanship? (Associate Producer Sara Risher commentary) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 46: Memories of Dreamland (same audio on all tracks with John Waters, Vincent Peranio, and Pat Moran) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 47: Love Letter to Edie (original audio)
Chapter 48: From the John Waters Collection (The Movie Loft Audio) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 49: Acknowledgments and Thanks (same on all tracks)

Audio Track #2

Chapters 2-42: The Movie ("Shock Value" audio book audio NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD/OUT OF PRINT)
Chapter 44: No Smoking in This Theater (original audio; also heard on track 1)
Chapter 45: Polyester Production Scrapbook (with Vincent Peranio and Van Smith commentary)/Whatever Happened to Showmanship? (Pat Moran commentary) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 46: Memories of Dreamland (same audio on all tracks with John Waters, Vincent Peranio, and Pat Moran)
Chapter 47: Love Letter to Edie (original audio; also heard on track 1)
Chapter 48: From the John Waters Collection (John Waters' Brief Tour of Baltimore/Baltimore's Craziest Entertainers audio) NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD!)

Audio Track #3

Chapters 2-42: The Movie (audio commentary NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 44: No Smoking in This Theater (audio commentary NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 45: Polyester Production Scrapbook (with Vincent Peranio and Van Smith commentary)/Whatever Happened to Showmanship? (Pat Moran commentary) (also heard on track 2)
Chapter 46: Memories of Dreamland (same audio on all tracks with John Waters, Vincent Peranio, and Pat Moran)
Chapter 47: Love Letter to Edie (Pat Moran Commentary NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 48: From the John Waters Collection (Van Smith commentary about Divine NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)

NOTES ON THIS EDITION:

Originally the laserdisc only had excerpts from the "Shock Value" audio book, and they were all contained on side two, which means the corresponding audio track on side one was completely blank. So I did some digging around and found the entire audio book and decided to make a modified audio track that features the entire book rather than what was originally on the disc. So it's an expanded version what it was originally released. To fill time I also included a song by Edith Masey that follows the audio book.

The Audio Commentary with John Waters is INDEED different from the one on the New Line DVD.

The laserdisc occasionally will refer to the audio tracks as being on the stereo or analog tracks. It's handy to remember that the "stereo" track(s) they refer to are contained on this DVD's default track (#1). Analog 1 is track 2, and Analog 2 is track 3.

Also note there's no menu, much like the laserdisc before it. Just use your audio button or change the audio tracks on whatever computer program you use.

The chapter stops are based on the chapters placed on the actual laserdisc, though somehow they got lost in translation, causing them to get slightly out of sync in the final product. I fixed this issue for chapters 43-49 just because their exactness counted on the functionality of the way the disc is laid out. It was a tedious process, which is why I didn't bother with it for chapters 1-42.

The stuff on Chapter 48 is odd... There were some space issues I guess, so Criterion opted to put two videos on the same screen with audio you can switch. Take a look at the screen captures to get a better idea of what I mean.

Also, it's 4:3. The movie is letterboxed, most of the extras are in full-screen. If you want an anamorphic version of the movie, stick with the retail DVD. It looks better than this, anyway.

SCREENS:

polyester01.jpg

polyester02.jpg

polyester03.jpg

polyester04.jpg

polyester05.jpg

polyester06.jpg

polyester07.jpg

polyester08.jpg

polyester09.jpg

polyester10.jpg

This thread looks like it was fun, can we reboot it?

jrWHAG42 said:
This thread looks like it was fun, can we reboot it?

Go ahead, make my day.

AvP said:
By jixby

Contained on this DVD-R is the complete Criterion laserdisc treatment of John Waters' Polyester. This is NOT meant to replace the currently-available edition on DVD, which is pretty nice in it's own right what with it's anamorphic picture and director commentary and theatrical trailer and replica odor-rama card (all of which you can't get on this DVD-R). Rather, it's meant to supplement your current legally-owned DVD release in order to make your life more complete. I have made a painstaking effort to replicate the laserdisc and all of it's extra features and audio tracks and even chapter stops. Contained on it is 3 and a half hours of material previously unseen on DVD.

There is a whole slew of extra stuff on this laserdisc that you can't get on DVD. Here's the breakdown for each audio track:

Audio Track #1:

Chapters 2-42: The Movie (original audio)
Chapter 44: No Smoking in This Theater (original audio; NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 45: Polyester Production Scrapbook (Tab Hunter commentary)/Whatever Happened to Showmanship? (Associate Producer Sara Risher commentary) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 46: Memories of Dreamland (same audio on all tracks with John Waters, Vincent Peranio, and Pat Moran) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 47: Love Letter to Edie (original audio)
Chapter 48: From the John Waters Collection (The Movie Loft Audio) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)

Audio Track #2

Chapters 2-42: The Movie ("Shock Value" audio book audio NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD/OUT OF PRINT)
Chapter 44: No Smoking in This Theater (original audio; also heard on track 1)
Chapter 45: Polyester Production Scrapbook (with Vincent Peranio and Van Smith commentary)/Whatever Happened to Showmanship? (Pat Moran commentary) (NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 47: Love Letter to Edie (original audio; also heard on track 1)
Chapter 48: From the John Waters Collection (John Waters' Brief Tour of Baltimore/Baltimore's Craziest Entertainers audio) NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD!)

Audio Track #3

Chapters 2-42: The Movie (audio commentary NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 44: No Smoking in This Theater (audio commentary NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 45: Polyester Production Scrapbook (with Vincent Peranio and Van Smith commentary)/Whatever Happened to Showmanship? (Pat Moran commentary) (also heard on track 2)
Chapter 47: Love Letter to Edie (Pat Moran Commentary NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)
Chapter 48: From the John Waters Collection (Van Smith commentary about Divine NOT AVAILABLE ON DVD)

NOTES ON THIS EDITION:

Originally the laserdisc only had excerpts from the "Shock Value" audio book, and they were all contained on side two, which means the corresponding audio track on side one was completely blank. So I did some digging around and found the entire audio book and decided to make a modified audio track that features the entire book rather than what was originally on the disc. So it's an expanded version what it was originally released. To fill time I also included a song by Edith Masey that follows the audio book.

The Audio Commentary with John Waters is INDEED different from the one on the New Line DVD.

The laserdisc occasionally will refer to the audio tracks as being on the stereo or analog tracks. It's handy to remember that the "stereo" track(s) they refer to are contained on this DVD's default track (#1). Analog 1 is track 2, and Analog 2 is track 3.

Also note there's no menu, much like the laserdisc before it. Just use your audio button or change the audio tracks on whatever computer program you use.

The chapter stops are based on the chapters placed on the actual laserdisc, though somehow they got lost in translation, causing them to get slightly out of sync in the final product. I fixed this issue for chapters 43-49 just because their exactness counted on the functionality of the way the disc is laid out. It was a tedious process, which is why I didn't bother with it for chapters 1-42.

The stuff on Chapter 48 is odd... There were some space issues I guess, so Criterion opted to put two videos on the same screen with audio you can switch. Take a look at the screen captures to get a better idea of what I mean.

Also, it's 4:3. The movie is letterboxed, most of the extras are in full-screen. If you want an anamorphic version of the movie, stick with the retail DVD. It looks better than this, anyway.

SCREENS:

polyester01.jpg

polyester02.jpg

polyester03.jpg

polyester04.jpg

polyester05.jpg

polyester06.jpg

polyester07.jpg

polyester08.jpg

polyester09.jpg

polyester10.jpg

What the fuck are you talking about?