• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Animation Consecution (NOW LIVE)

When should the deadline be?

• Late May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid June

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mid July

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mid August

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
theryaney said:
That definitely includes as space and we hopefully want to avoid that as it is already a consecution. But, if you were to stay on Earth, could be fine.

It would be impractical to edit on any other planet :p

addiesin said:
I don't think that it's a big deal if others have already done it. Pretty sure somebody's done a version of what I'm intending. My idea is called Missing Philip. 

It's basically going to take all the present day scenes from the 4:3 Futurama episodes and construct a chronological narrative of Fry's life before he got frozen, and a little bit of the impact on his loved ones after he's gone.

Love me some Futurama.  Why are you limiting yourself to 4:3 episodes?  Don't get me wrong - I consider the initial run to be much better than the Comedy Central revival, but I think there's still some great stuff in the later days. 

You're going to make me suffer through Fry's dog again, aren't you?

matrixgrindhouse said:
Got a couple half-baked preliminary ideas.  What's the policy on video games as sources?  Utilizing cutscenes and the like, as opposed to machinima.  I have a Metal Gear concept that might be amusing, if that's acceptable.

Yeah, that's what I'm going with.  This series has an intimidating quality for newcomers who find the plot overly convoluted or nonsensical.  My short will serve to make the origin of the mythos much more convoluted and nonsensical.  I think I'll call it, "A completely accurate primer."

Three reasons. First, if I mixed them, I would have to crop one source or the other, which I'd rather not do. Second, it leaves the possibility open for a widescreen sequel or extended edit some time down the road. Last, I only own one volume of the widescreen episodes, and two of the movies, since all of the new stuff had been available for streaming pretty much since release. I own all the 4:3 episodes so it's an easy choice to make.

Spoiler question's answer: absolutely.

I may do something with 'Akira' but I'm not sure yet.

Hey, to all admins/mods I'd like a clarification. If someone were to watch all these shorts later, I feel it is needed for like, the person to own the source. But, I don't feel like spending money on movies I haven't heard of before just to watch a short. (but if I must then...) What's the policy this? Just trying to follow the rules here... ;)

This was covered in a previous Consecution effort.
Generally as long as you own some of the films you are OK.
Few members are going to own all titles.
And no, I'm no MOD or Admin, but I just remember this topic being broached before.

Having rewatched The Illusionist over the weekend I have the beginning of an idea bubbling away for that. I also happened to catch an episode of Samurai Jack that practically shouted an edit idea at me, though I'll need to look at it a bit more...

I'd like to see a Fantasia Rite of Spring edit with a historically-accurate extinction, timed to match the music.

I'm really suffering from "Editors block" on this one. I can't think of any decent ideas, or any ideas that when I look closer don't pan out. So here is a list of the Animated movies I own (I might have forgotten a few) in the hopes that somebody can suggest an idea to me ;) ...

Aardman Shorts
Akira
Aladdin
Animatrix
Arthur Christmas
Beauty and the Beast
Chico & Rita
Curse of the WereRabbit
Final Fantasy: TSW
Ghost in the Shell (Original)
Howl's Moving Castle
Kubo
Lord of the Rings (Bakshi)
Metropolis (The Anime)
Monkey Dust
Paddington
Persepolis
Power of the Daleks
Princess and the Frog
Ratatouille
Rebels (S1)
Sherlock Hound
Steamboy
Superman (Fliescher)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
The Iron Giant
The Sword in the Stone
Tintin (Spielberg)
Wall-E
Watership Down

I'd also be open to buying another source movie if somebody suggested a great idea based on something I don't currently own.

I reckon you could do something cool with Akira, GITS or Metropolis. Akira especially has very little story (compared to the manga) and the last hour is pretty much just an overblown fight. It would be cool to see a compact version.

GITS is very conceptual and has a lot of interesting imagery that could be made use of. 

Metropolis... I haven't seen for a while, but I imagine something cool could be done with it ;)

I have some ideas for certain movies, but I'm like, "This doesn't really make any sense. The story goes nowhere." 

Hopefully you have some luck, teaemtuwhysee. ;)

An idea I had was doing something with Rebels, but to not do anything with space, stay on Lothal and keep their rebellion there.

Let the consecution begin! 

IMG_20171203_202120.jpg

The Scribbling Man said:
I reckon you could do something cool with Akira, GITS or Metropolis. Akira especially has very little story (compared to the manga) and the last hour is pretty much just an overblown fight. It would be cool to see a compact version.

I'm not really interested in making a simple compact version of anything, I'd want to make it into something else. I was thinking about doing an Akira short just about a street/bike gang. From looking at the footage, it would certainly be possible to remove the whole Akira main plot from the opening bike chase but I can't think where it would go after that. There is that second scene where Tetsuo steals the red bike and Kaneda comes to the rescue but there isn't much connective tissue around those two scenes that isn't heavily linked to the main story. I can almost see a way to link it all but I can't see how it could end without involving Tetsuo's psychic powers.

The Scribbling Man said:
GITS is very conceptual and has a lot of interesting imagery that could be made use of. 

Nothing concrete comes to mind beyond an action-focused cut removing all of the philosophical pondering and just have wall to wall spider-tanks and brief-case guns :D .

The Scribbling Man said:
Metropolis... I haven't seen for a while, but I imagine something cool could be done with it ;)

I've started rewatching it and I like the idea of just following the two kids being chased through this strange under-city by Rock but I can't figure out where it would actually go story wise.

TM2YC said:
The Scribbling Man said:

I'm not really interested in making a simple compact version of anything, I'd want to make it into something else. I was thinking about doing an Akira short just about a street/bike gang. From looking at the footage, it would certainly be possible to remove the whole Akira main plot from the opening bike chase but I can't think where it would go after that. There is that second scene where Tetsuo steals the red bike and Kaneda comes to the rescue but there isn't much connective tissue around those two scenes that isn't heavily linked to the main story. I can almost see a way to link it all but I can't see how it could end without involving Tetsuo's psychic powers.

The Scribbling Man said:

Nothing concrete comes to mind beyond an action-focused cut removing all of the philosophical pondering and just have wall to wall spider-tanks and brief-case guns :D .

The Scribbling Man said:

I've started rewatching it and I like the idea of just following the two kids being chased through this strange under-city by Rock but I can't figure out where it would actually go story wise.

Looks like you've got some ideas cooking away.... Just need to develop them. Have you thought about using footage from 2 different animations? That's what I'm doing, though I'm intentionally using two films by the same director so that there's some consistency in look and feel (and putting some of it in black and white).

TM2YC said:
I'm really suffering from "Editors block" on this one. I can't think of any decent ideas, or any ideas that when I look closer don't pan out. So here is a list of the Animated movies I own (I might have forgotten a few) in the hopes that somebody can suggest an idea to me ;) ...

I'd also be open to buying another source movie if somebody suggested a great idea based on something I don't currently own.

Iron Giant without the Iron Giant.

addiesin said:
TM2YC said:

I think you mean iron giant minus iron giant.

http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/

addiesin said:
TM2YC said:

You could even go as far as to have the kid obsessed with this Iron Giant that doesn't even exist....

Apparently this consecution is being treated by my brain as an excuse to rewatch a bunch of animated films I own. Because instead of developing ideas based on stuff I have watched, my brain keeps going "Maybe X would be a good source? Best rewatch it to check." Currently I'm stuck on Ninja Scroll, but there's also Song of the Sea, Secret of Kells, Waltz With Bashir and Kubo & The Two Strings. And that's discounting all the series that could lend themselves to an edit...

The thought had crossed my mind but I'm not keen on all the soundFX and music work needed right now (plus lightsaber roto work). Please somebody else have a go.

Back
Top Bottom