• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Animation Consecution (NOW LIVE)

When should the deadline be?

• Late May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid June

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mid July

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mid August

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Don't know if anyone is familiar with Satoshi Kon's work, but I'd quite like to put together a short using footage from the films Perfect Blue and Paprika. I plan on altering the subtitles to create a new narrative. Got it all planed out in my head, whether it will work in practice however....

Thinking about doing something with the 2003 Clone Wars... maybe 2008 series...

I think I might do something else though. Something more original, and creative.

Masirimso17 said:

Would that constitute as "space"?

DigModiFicaTion said:
Masirimso17 said:

Would that constitute as "space"?

I think it definitely does, yeah.

But I changed my mind. I'm going to create a 5-minute Toy Story short with Ludovico Einaudi's "Experience".

It's going to be about Andy growing up with his toys, his experiences, fondness and love for them no matter what happens to them... then he grows up, life gets in the way, he has to move to college. He looks back at the great times he had with the toys, decides to finally pass them on, plays with them one last time, then gives them to Bonnie, says goodbye to them... Then as he leaves and Bonnie goes inside, the toys come to life and look fondly to their lifelong friend...

TS.jpg

Thinking of possibly doing a high school angst/comedy short edit using footage from the extremely underrated "Clone High" from MTV.

Alright, people: 
Deadline: March 5, 2018.  :) 

Is it standard for participants to make their own ITW threads for their specific projects, or use this general thread?

Problem Eliminator said:
Is it standard for participants to make their own ITW threads for their specific projects, or use this general thread?

Just using this thread I believe

About my Tintin edit, I think I'll go with the movie version. Starting it out in the market where Tintin buys the Unicorn, cutting the Blue suit man and Sakharine. We see him in his flat (cut "attract attention" line) and Tintin say what secrets it holds, and goes to library. Again, no mysterious man following him. When the thunder comes, we are transported to the vision Haddock sees when they are in the Sahara. I'll join it with the vision while in the military hospital in the desert where we find out the Unicorn's fate. Hopefully I can cut Haddock's narration.

Got a couple half-baked preliminary ideas.  What's the policy on video games as sources?  Utilizing cutscenes and the like, as opposed to machinima.  I have a Metal Gear concept that might be amusing, if that's acceptable.

Otherwise, I have a humorous spin on Robotech on the backburner, but will gladly let someone else tackle that source material (or its constituent Japanese source material) if anyone has their heart set on it.

I'll be having a look at Inside Out, just the Out part. Not sure how long that will run or if it is possible, so we'll see.

DSM2337 said:
I'll be having a look at Inside Out, just the Out part. Not sure how long that will run or if it is possible, so we'll see.

Somebody already did an edit of that, according to the fanedits article on TVTropes (can't link to it because it has a link to a download)

I had an idea, that I'm not going to pursue, to do Bee Movie as an episode of Seinfeld. There's already a bunch of them on youtube and they aren't very well done. I'm sure someone here could pull it off much better.

I don't think that it's a big deal if others have already done it. Pretty sure somebody's done a version of what I'm intending. My idea is called Missing Philip. 

It's basically going to take all the present day scenes from the 4:3 Futurama episodes and construct a chronological narrative of Fry's life before he got frozen, and a little bit of the impact on his loved ones after he's gone.

^ do want. I just finished another run through Futurama, and now there is gaping hole in my life. Back to season 1...

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Problem Eliminator said:

Just using this thread I believe

Yes, that's correct.

This may change upon watching/re-watching, but my current feeling is that I want to do something with either The Illusionist or The Secret of Kells, with a small chance I'll instead try and pull something together from the Aeon Flux animated series.

Early days, but I want to do something with a burton animated feature. I love his astheatic, and i think corpse bride would be the best project for this. I'm going to have a look at putting Elfmans deleted song "Erased" back in over a montage. If that doesnt work, i'll maybe just go silent.

Zamros said:
Hrmmm. I may have an idea for a Wall-E edit. Is there a deadline? :p

I've done a Wall-E edit for the Space Consecution.
Not that you can't do another one, just saying for the record.

TMBTM said:
Zamros said:
Hrmmm. I may have an idea for a Wall-E edit. Is there a deadline? :p

I've done a Wall-E edit for the Space Consecution.
Not that you can't do another one, just saying for the record.

That definitely includes as space and we hopefully want to avoid that as it is already a consecution. But, if you were to stay on Earth, could be fine.

Back
Top Bottom