• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

And The Next Neglify Fanedit Is

(neg) la vie 6.66

At the beginning I was like, "ohh come on, no fanedit has ever done that" then when you started counting the fanedits (some which I've never seen) I started thinking that "wow you're making one of "those" fanedits. is this really going to be THAT awesome? FUCK YEEEEAAAHHH!" then ...........oh.

My prediction:

The worst case of fanedit blue balls in the history of fanedits (and blue balls) ;-)

I am a fan of Nicolas Cage. Not his late 90's action movies. Not his current slate of (mostly) direct to DVD or barely in theaters fare. Rather I am a fan of some of his quirkier movies. I liked him in Weatherman and Matchstick Men. I love him in Raising Arizona.

The thing is ... he seems to have a hard time telling when his weird stuff just becomes over-the-top and annoying. And for me, not really buying into him as Joe Action Hero, means that there are very few movies that he has come out with where he truly lives up to his potential.

Honestly, I think he has a stipulation in his contract that says he gets to weird random stuff for at least 30 seconds in his movies and it has to make it into final cut. Have you seen the Ghost Rider movies? The first one is a slightly mediocre comic book movie (by 2000's standards) and then halfway into it he just starts making weird sounds at himself in a mirror. I then watch the new Ghost Rider. The CGI and plot of the movie play a little bit better for me than the first one, but then BAM weird Nicolas Cage stuff left in the middle of the movie for some reason.

Even in the National Treasure movies there is a little bit of weird. Do people like his quirkiness even when it veers to the extreme? For me there has to be some point in the character and the plot that is driving it.

Good Nic Cage observations there. My personal favorite Nic Cage performance is Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

Neglify said:
Good Nic Cage observations there. My personal favorite Nic Cage performance is Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

Strangest Nic Cage performance since Vampire's Kiss.

One of my favorite Nic Cage moments is in Knowing.

A Nic Cage performance without a little crazy is like a drunken karaoke performance without a little unfortunate pelvic thrusting. Sure, it can be done, but... why? :p

the original bad lieutenant. one of my favorite movies evah.

what does that say about me? :oops:

ssj said:
the original bad lieutenant. one of my favorite movies evah.

what does that say about me? :oops:

That you love Harvey Keitel's cock acting.

Neglify said:

That movie is an absolute train wreck and I love every minute of it. Werner Herzog knew exactly what he was doing with Cage. The whole thing is a giant parody of Cage, except I don't think he was in on it. I can just imagine Herzog saying "Nic, that was great, but can you do that scene again but this time in a 1940s gangster voice, hunch your back over and raise or lower your voice at random moments in the middle of sentences? Yeah? Great. Take two."

I think it's more of a case of Herzog recognizing Cage's true genius and putting him in a movie that plays exactly into his lunacy.

Cage has been stuck in mediocre action movies and straight to DVD hell and his antics were clearly the highlights of those films.
Who would even be talking about The Wicker Man if Cage didn't take matters into his own hands and just straight turned it into a trainwreck masterpiece? I'm sure Herzog is a huge fan of that movie as well.

My favorite Cage performances are the ones that make the craziness work in context. I'm thinking specifically of "Raising Arizona," "Bringing Out the Dead," and "Adaptation."

DominicCobb said:
My favorite Cage performances are the ones that make the craziness work in context. I'm thinking specifically of "Raising Arizona," "Bringing Out the Dead," and "Adaptation."

What about "The Rock"?

Yes, forgot "The Rock." Good movie.

Nic Cage isnt a bad actor, i just think sometimes its easier to be a "paycheck actor" then hold out for better roles.
Or he's just on that "stuff".

jswert123456 said:
Nic Cage isnt a bad actor, i just think sometimes its easier to be a "paycheck actor" then hold out for better roles.

Probably both ;)

jswert123456 said:

DOUBLE%2BSTUF.jpg

So, what are you doing, Neglify? A combination of Nick Cage films?

Back
Top Bottom