• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien Anthology Bluray [2010]

thunderclap said:
The one fix from Aliens I wished they would have fixed is when Bishop does the knife trick. It's obvious they sped of the frame rate because you can see the actors behind moving fast. I would have liked this fixed.

BLASPHEMY!!!

Nah, i'm just kidding, your right. Although it never has really bothered me too much.

None of this stuff bothers me, the film is a product of its age. And while not anywhere as in your face as the Star Wars Special Editions - I dont ever feel old films need to be digitally "fixed" especially when that new version becomes the standard version from then on.

The thread I posted mentions many other "errors" that remain unchanged which confuses me. Why fix A, B and C but leave X, Y and Z?

elbarto1 said:
I thought about changing the thread title but thought it would throw off those that posted in it.

selfcensorship1.gif

whoa cowboy.

in related news - I wish I had a BR player at work so I could be watching more of the billion hours of special features on disc 5 - which is as of this writing - my favorite bonus disc ever.

And even though I watched most of this stuff back when the Quadrilogy DVD was released, I either totally forgot about alot of it, or theres more new stuff in here than advertised. Either way, its still hella interesting - Should be tackling Wreckage and Rage tonight.

Any self respecting Alien fan who owns a BR player needs to obtain a copy of this set. Just glorious.

I just finished the final doc on Disc 5 yesterday. It's fantastic. I never had the Quad DVD but I did have the individual releases of Alien and Aliens so I had seen those docs before, but not the other two. And the "enhancement pods" for all four films are brand new, they are previously unreleased deleted interviews from the main docs.

As you say, glorious.

Yeah, allthough the enhancement pods for alien were wayyyyy more interesting than those for aliens IMO.
dan o'bannon getting salty about walter hill was classic.

Dan O'Bannon is hilarious. They could just do a 14 hour talking head interview with him and I would watch it.

Totally, I love his demeanor and its all heightened by his clothing style, I hope I can dress as awesome as him in my old age.

Finished wreckage and rage last night and the further in I get the more I dislike David Giler.

Agreed. He wasn't in the Resurrected doc much since he wasn't involved, but he totally trashes it. He strikes me as a pompous ass.

Back
Top Bottom