• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien Anthology Bluray [2010]

assuming this is legit, i am not a fan of the blue treatment of the dark scenes.
temp2303.jpg

Sheesh. A couple of those appear to have been done by Tobias Fünke.

blue-myself.jpg

it all makes sense now. ripley is a never nude!

:lol:

Guess that explains the underwear in Alien.

elbarto1 said:
assuming this is legit, i am not a fan of the blue treatment of the dark scenes.

Cameron has always liked deep blues in his films. In fact, with each film, they get more blue.

I dunno. Personally i dont like any of those pics, they ALL look off. It doesnt look natural, yeah the dark bits are too blue, at the same time the characters in the brighter bits look yellow. YELLOW. WTF? This was not what i was expecting when i read MR. Cameron boasting on how good the new transfer's look, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say those pics are NOT legit and hope i'm right.

I think I actually prefer the blue tint to me it makes the images look a bit more sinister, although TBH I'm just glad they're finally getting released.

If it's legit, I must say that I really like the new coloring!!!

elbarto1 said:
I hate that I will pay $140 for this.
fyi Amazon pre-order is $98.

nOmArch said:
I think I actually prefer the blue tint to me it makes the images look a bit more sinister, although TBH I'm just glad they're finally getting released.

I agree. While I am not usually a fan of changes in color timing, I like the new look. It seems more filmic somehow, and I think I can see a stonger green element in the blue tint -- a little like Bladerunner: The Final Cut. I might buy this after all. I will at least rent it.

I wonder if Alien's colors are also slightly different. Given the new color timing on the Remastered Gladiator blu-ray, I don't think Scott will be able to stop himself from tinkering with the colors.

I read on a french magazine that Aliens will have 14 deleted scenes.
Now I don't know the source of this news but one thing I read several times is that the Burke/cocoon scene will be one of them.
If the 14 number is right I suppose that they would mostly be extended scenes or alternate takes because 14 real new scenes of Aliens sounds too good to be true.

Don't remember how many deleted scenes are on the DVDs version of the other movies but they also say:
Alien - 5 deleted scenes
Alien resurection - 12 deleted scenes

TMBTM said:
I read on a french magazine that Aliens will have 14 deleted scenes. Now I don't know the source of this news but one thing I read several times is that the Burke/cocoon scene will be one of them.
Now that seems like a great fanediting opportunity. Let us hope that the quality is good. I would love to see an edit of Aliens that involved new material. I appreciate the extended cut, but prefer the theatrical version overall.

Captain Khajiit said:
nOmArch said:

I agree. While I am not usually a fan of changes in color timing, I like the new look. It seems more filmic somehow, and I think I can see a stonger green element in the blue tint -- a little like Bladerunner: The Final Cut. I might buy this after all. I will at least rent it.

I wonder if Alien's colors are also slightly different. Given the new color timing on the Remastered Gladiator blu-ray, I don't think Scott will be able to stop himself from tinkering with the colors.
I alos agree that it looks better. and it also seems closer to the style of james cameron.
I actually find it hard to believe that the dvd could look like that and not have minions raise bloody hell about it.

Bought the bluray set plus a bluray player (as I didn't have one). Installed it and the shit hits the fan. My tv is probably too old for it and only plays stuff in black and white on my tv. So I watched the Aliens burke cocooned scene and deleted scenes montage in black and white. Great stuff for even longer extended Aliens edition!!! You can extend with possibly 5 more minutes of this stuff. Fun! :)

Too bad about the black/white stuff. I have it from a composite cable with a scart converter (since my tv only has a scart input). if someone has an idea why this go into black/white, please let me know. I'm dying to see my new Alien Anthology bluray set in color!

Wait it's out allready? i thought it comes out in christmas? shit! time upgrade.

You gonna upload that burke scene T-hope? I gotta see that!!!

It's a lot less than five minutes, I'd wager. The Burke scene (which is crappy) is ninety seconds long, and the rest of the extensions are mere moments scattered here and there throughout 'context footage'.

Rogue-theX said:
Wait it's out allready? i thought it comes out in christmas? shit! time upgrade.

You gonna upload that burke scene T-hope? I gotta see that!!!
Not my upload (as I'm still having trouble with the black/white stuff on my tv), but it gives you an idea:

I have a feeling it is edited on the set, because I'm missing a line about "feell it moving" which was used in the comics and the novel etc.:
Ripley...help me. I can feel it...inside. Oh, God...it's moving! Oh gooood...
Burke is over-acting in that scene if you ask me. Still great to finally see it.

Back
Top Bottom