• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien Anthology Bluray [2010]

I read an interview with Cameron once that said he cut it because he felt it weakened Ripley, that she gave Burke a "mercy killing" by giving him the grenade and that Burke's character arc worked better with his death as "poetic justice" at the hands of the aliens.

I think that Cameron made the right choice in cutting the scene. It is interesting to see though.

Aw yeeaeaah, i have seen the scene that i thought i would never see. Thank's T hope : )

And it's in decently decent quality, how nice ; )

Ordered mine today from Amazon. $90 + free 2-day shipping (thank you Amazon Prime!) I should have it Sat. Unfortunately, I won't be able to start exploring it until next week. Too much going on this weekend. I also ordered a 5.1 wireless headset so I can stop annoying my wife and 1 year old. I sense some long nights ahead...

thunderclap said:
I also ordered a 5.1 wireless headset so I can stop annoying my wife and 1 year old. I sense some long nights ahead...

Long because of the headset or the one-year-old? :biggrin:

thunderclap said:
I also ordered a 5.1 wireless headset so I can annoy my wife and 1 year old just a little bit less.

Fixed. :p

Captain Khajiit said:
Long because of the headset or the one-year-old? :biggrin:

Long nights because of the one-year-old are ending, so headset it is. Now I can start watching MY movies loud.

TV's Frink said:

You evil evil man.

Ziz said:
I read an interview with Cameron once that said he cut it because he felt it weakened Ripley, that she gave Burke a "mercy killing" by giving him the grenade and that Burke's character arc worked better with his death as "poetic justice" at the hands of the aliens.
Cutting it was indeed a good choice. Not only does it interrupt the pacing, but also the lifecycle of the alien as the impregnation has happened way too fast. There should have been a facehugger attached to his face that was still impregnating him.

Does anybody know witch is the dvd that has the alien on set audio track? is there music on that track?

Rogue-theX said:
Does anybody know witch is the dvd that has the alien on set audio track? is there music on that track?
I just got mine yesterday, I'll check if/when I remember.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

TV's Frink said:
I just got mine yesterday, I'll check if/when I remember.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Thanks Frink : )

Why? i love rescoring so much, so i'm trying to keep my options open for future projects ;-)

Ah, got it.

The production audio track (actually a "alternate music and production audio track") is not on the blu. From digitalbits review:
There IS one thing missing from the original Legacy DVDs, which is the Alternate Music & Production Sound audio track on the original Alien special edition. It was intended to be included on the Blu-rays, but had to be dropped due to disc space concerns.
It was on the Legacy disc, I don't know if it was on the Quad disc or not.

Ah, there is music in there. Damn. I had hoped it would be free of music. Oh well. Thanks again Frink : )

Hey, it's almost Christmas 2010. Can't wait for the Alien films to hit Bluray!
:p

I thought about changing the thread title but thought it would throw off those that posted in it.

The one fix from Aliens I wished they would have fixed is when Bishop does the knife trick. It's obvious they sped of the frame rate because you can see the actors behind moving fast. I would have liked this fixed.

Back
Top Bottom