• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien 5 confirmed by 20th Century Fox - Ripley's back.

^ addiesin you forgot to put in a picture of Enola, and there's no grown up picture of Emil Minty? Couldn't find one?
Would be interesting to see what became of him.

Found a good one of Enola:
waterworld_05_stor.jpg

Found a few pics of Emil Minty:
emil_minty.jpg
image.jpg

P.S.: Why are child characters always so goddamn annoying in 'grown up' movies? When there's a child actor being put up against an adult actor, they almost always end up to be the most annoying part of the entire film...

Newt is annoying at times although she's well written so it fits, the feral kid is annoying, Enola, that kid from Last Action Hero, ...

For those who don't know what she looks like today:

600full-carrie-henn.jpg

Kal-El said:
^ addiesin you forgot to put in a picture of Enola, and there's no grown up picture of Emil Minty? Couldn't find one?
Would be interesting to see what became of him.

I did put in a picture of Enola, do you not see it? And grown up Emil Minty wasn't really relevant to the topic since he can't play adult Newt, I just thought it was funny that his character looks so much like those other two, almost like "dirty kid in burlap" could be a trope for sci fi movies.

Of course he can play a grown up Newt :) Just a few tweaks to the script and it's all good.
Nope, can't see it :oops:

I'm glad to hear it.

Is it fan service? Maybe. Though one could see trying to fit within the 3 and 4 continuity as even more fan service-y (only hardcore fans really remember or or care about those anyway). Aren't all sequels fan service to an extent? I suppose they are, unless perhaps the filmmakers think there is more story to tell. Well, it does seem that Blomkamp thinks there's more to tell after Aliens, and, since he's the one with the big idea that's propelling this project in the first place, I think it's natural that he should have the creative freedom to do what he wants with it (i.e. ignoring 3 and 4).

I don't mind 3 or 4 but I would MUCH rather see a sequel to Aliens than a sequel to Resurrection. I suppose Blomkamp feels the same way.

Gaith said:
Accept no substitutes! :)

...so you agree she should remain a teacher :p

TMBTM said:
That earth ending is part of the bonus, I don't recall it being put at the end of the alternate cut. And the original cut is actualy better than the alternate one, IMO.
The Paris landing is part of the alternate cut.

-----

“I’m not trying to undo ‘Alien 3′ or ‘Alien Resurrection,'” Blomkamp tells the outlet. “…My favorites are the first two movies. I want to make a film that’s connected to ‘Alien’ and ‘Aliens’. That’s my goal.”

Uncanny Antman said:
The Paris landing is part of the alternate cut.

Strange I could have swear it is just a bonus.
EDIT: but I spent so much time with Alien 4 making an edit that I probably mix things in my mind.

Uncanny Antman said:
“I’m not trying to undo ‘Alien 3′ or ‘Alien Resurrection,'” Blomkamp tells the outlet. “…My favorites are the first two movies. I want to make a film that’s connected to ‘Alien’ and ‘Aliens’. That’s my goal.”

That sounds smarter.

Just thinking out loud:

About Alien 5: make the Ripley in Alien 3 a clone already. An experience that failed (Newt and Hicks are not dead, there are in cryosleep elsewhere during all the time).
The Ripley in Alien 4 is a clone who becomes like a "weird twin" of the real Ripley.
In Alien 5 she finds that the real Ripley is still in Cryosleep somewhere. Along with Hicks and Newt. The wait was so long that they all aged but not as much as they should.
So now we can have a movie with two different Ripley + Hicks and Newt kicking aliens.

Do it. Now.

Side note:
I watched The Martian the other day and I thought Sebastian Stan looked like a young Michael Biehn

sebastian-stan-justin-bridges-01-675x900.jpg

Alien 5 - The Aliens have figured out that the ultimate weapon, is Ripley. So, they breed a bunch of Ripleys, make her chest burst some Predators and have her kill Batman.

Looks like this movie is on hold for the time being, so Ridley Scott can shit out "Prometheus 2". Source.

Blomkamp said:
alien is kinda holding/ pending prometheus 2. So I shall be working on other things... as much as I love the xeno- and Lt ripley

This is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to this film and literally could not give a lesser s**t about a sequel to Prometheus, which I still maintain is one of the worst and most disappointing film experiences I've ever had.

This sucks. This sucks a lot. Dammit Ridley Scott, I just started liking you again after The Martian.

spence said:
This is so disappointing. I was really looking forward to this film and literally could not give a lesser s**t about a sequel to Prometheus, which I still maintain is one of the worst and most disappointing film experiences I've ever had.

sigh, same here :-/

Hmmmm, apart from the obvious disappointing nature of this news... it's a great way for Fox to make everybody hate Prometheus 2 before a single frame has been shot and therefore people won't be as exited and later disapointed like they were for the first Prometheus movie... there is method in their madness ;-).

Back
Top Bottom