• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

300: Earth and Water by Aztek463

Is there an estimated date for this? Just watched my first edit and this sounds incredible.

It's barely been over a month.
Cut him some slack.
It's summer, he's probably at the beach.
I usually wait about six months.
Meanwhile, there are plenty of alternate titles to investigate.

Beach? More like new job! :D That said, I'm almost finished. I don't want to put an exact date, but I'm aiming for the end of the month.

Mostly done with this now. Just working on the end credits (nothing too flashy, mind) which should be wrapped up today or tomorrow. I'll be releasing my usual MP4 and BD-25 versions ASAP. Stay tuned! :)

The final run time on the edit is... (drumroll please!)

2 hours, 27 minutes, and 22 seconds. The film is about 50/50 300 and 300: Rise of an Empire. That means I did end up cutting a bit more from the first 300, but the long story of Leonidas becoming king and the "back in Sparta" subplot did take up a substantial amount of time that was cut. I'll have a more detailed cutlist and some cover art up in a few days. :)

Immediately after I watched 300 ROE, I thought "it would be cool to put 300 and ROE together into one movie since ROE essentially takes place before, during, and after the events of 300." Glad to see that not only does this edit exists but also it also looks amazing. The clips and color changes are very well done, looking forward to watching the completed product. Keep up the brilliant work.

Thanks! I actually adjusted the correction a bit. The ROE scenes were too blown out. I toned down the gamma boost, upped the contrast a smidge and desatured ever so slightly. It looks a lot closer to the original now, least I think so.

Aztek463 said:
It looks a lot closer to the original now, least I think so.

Awesome, can't wait to check it out.

The first attempt at making an MKV came out like total pants. I probably need to tweak some settings, since this is the first time I've used MeGUI on Windows 8 and assumed with would work just the same. No matter! It's still coming...at some point.

Second attempt at the MKV came out great! I'm still tooling with the Blu-ray video (making sure it plays nice with DVD Architect) but I'll get the MKV uploaded ASAP. Size for that is around 7.5 gigs. The BD25 will end up around 23/24 gigs most likely.

I've got a start on coverart as well, which is coming out quite nicely (and simple, as is my usual). All in all, I'm quite pleased. :)

Still anticipating this edit. I think this month might be the one with the most edits released that I really want to see.

Damn you, DVD Architect.

It seems to be choking on the M2TS file I exported from MeGUI. Now, in the past, I have simply exported M2V streams from Vegas and used those, but they keep coming out too dark and while they are fine on my TV display, I don't necessarily want to count on it being fine for everyone else.

I'm uploading the MKV version so I can get this out, but the BD-25 is still a bit off unless I just say screw it and export a video stream from Vegas.

This edit has been submitted to IFDB. Still working on the BD version, but that isn't far off. :)

The Blu-ray is done! I'm exporting it from DVDA now and will have it uploaded ASAP. :)

Back
Top Bottom