• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

300: Earth and Water by Aztek463

Sounds like is coming along nice man :) !

As promised! Some screenshot comparisons! :D

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/81904/

The first shot is the original Blu-ray, the second is what it looks like after I did a little work. Still need to tweak, but the Rise of an Empire footage is a bit closer to 300 now. :)

So...here's a treat. I wasn't planning on sharing too many big scenes, but I am super proud at how well this came out (obviously, still needs some tweaking here and there:

[video=youtube_share;CBveLfa8p44]

Now, while I'm going to intercut a few segments as if they are happening simultaneously, but this won't be the case with everything, as it will lessen the impact of some of the more important moments.

My own thoughts on this are that there isn't enough of Themistocles's speech to his men. Thing is, the speech was fairly long and didn't work that well (I thought) intercut with the first Persian charge on the Spartans. The wordiness of Themistocles really sets the Athenians apart from the more concise Spartans, but what can you do? I didn't cut all that much from the sea battle once the fighting actually started...the scene really was pretty short to begin with. I did cut a bit from the Spartan fight, most notably the minute or so sequence of Leonidas breaking away and showing off. Cool scene, but it made fitting the sea battle in a bit more difficult.

I do hope y'all enjoy it. :D

Dude this looks amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing!!! The epic feel is definitely there, and the grading/ correction works perfectly in terms of image quality. Eager! :D

Now that was impressive.
Glad this is going so well for you.

Glad you guys enjoyed it! My girlfriend gave the scene a positive review as well, so I know I'm on the right track! :D

I edited the battle with the Immortals tonight. It's left more or less intact, though I did trim a few bits to remove voiceover. Speaking of which, removing the VO during the scenes taken from 300 has proven to be fairly simple: the rear audio tracks are devoid of any voiceover, so I can replicate them to fill bits where removing the shots would result in choppy editing. This is the only segment I've actually done it with, and since the scene is kind of...almost dream-like, and I did it during bits where there weren't many effects on the center channel anyways...it came out quite nicely. :)

Aztek463 said:
Glad you guys enjoyed it! My girlfriend gave the scene a positive review as well, so I know I'm on the right track! :D

On the contrary, she might just be angling for a ring on that finger.

TV's Frink said:
On the contrary, she might just be angling for a ring on that finger.

Well, I've been planning on doing that for a while now. I'll be sure to make an In-The-Works thread when I'm getting ready to do that. :p

^Please make an In-the-Works thread (with pics) when you start working on that first child.

Neglify said:
(with pics) when you start working on that first child.

gifs_provide_a_funny_animation_for_every_day_life_events_10.gif

Neglify said:
^Please make an In-the-Works thread (with pics) when you start working on that first child.

Aw yeah. Ultrasounds, ultrasounds everywhere (because that IS what you meant...right? ;P )

I've finished laying out the structure of the film and have detail-edited the first hour or so, and my run time (with the credits music I've selected, though that's going to be edited as well) comes in at 2 hours 31 minutes. The first draft should be ready by the beginning of next week. If anyone is interested in taking a peek at that draft when it's done, either shoot me a PM or let me know here. :)

Can you please remove the Horse on the boat scene? I think this will end up a good movie ..... my issue with 300:2 is that it wasn't bad, juts not as good because Gerrard Butler had such a presence.

@revell911 - I can certainly take a look at it, but I believe that segment is part of a single take that gets Themistocles to Artemisia's ship for the final showdown. I'll see what I can do. :)

I think even if it is edited down .... anything can help.

I looked at the scene last night, and I think it's doable. Once I tinker around with it I'll post some clips to get some feedback. :D

Hi Aztek how goes it? Good to see the projects coming along well man. Your color correction is gorgeous and the proposed cuts sound fantastic. Eagerly anticipating this release! :)

Ps thank you very much for reviewing blade runner. I was planning to watch your silent hill 2 tonight! :) Cheers

I watched the last clip, looks great man. Looking forward to watching it. Should be enjoyable.

???

You're reading it.

Back
Top Bottom