• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2023 Movies

And The Town. Honestly I’m disappointed he never got it make his Batman movie.
I forgot he directed The Town. My stepmother actually worked on it and got to meet Affleck. She was in charge of casting extras or something like that, and some of her family can be seen throughout the film. I haven't watched it myself, but I like telling people whenever I get the chance because I think it's cool.

Say what you will about Ben Affleck, but as a director, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. I've seen Gone Baby Gone, Argo, and The Way Back, and they're all worth a watch in my book.

I think this is one of the best trailers Marvel has ever created.

My vote for best Marvel trailer is a three-way toss-up between the first Iron Man, Avengers: Endgame, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I suppose this trailer isn't bad, but I've seen lots of other trailers like it. Even Black Panther: Wakanda Forever's trailer went for the feels like this one does, and that one didn't turn out so well. Then again, I've lost a lot of interest in the MCU post-Thanos. I hope Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 turns out to be a rare third entry that works, but given Marvel's track record as of late, I'm worried.

John David Washington, Gareth Edwards, Ken Watanabe....yeah I might actually go to the theatre to catch this one.

Finally! A trailer and it's a great one...

This an AppleTV+ movie but it's also supposed to have a "wide release" at cinemas. I hope so, I want to see Scorsese on the big screen.

Last edited:
The earliest ticket I could find to all the virtually sold-out screenings in 70mm IMAX is on Thursday lunchtime, after a 2-hour train ride to get there, so I'll have to keep my excitement in check 'til then. Nolan seems to be out there promoting 'Oppenheimer' hard.

An interesting discussion with Prof. Brian Cox:

Nolan doing the tour of the Konbini French video store, giving every impression he's seen every film ever (try and keep up Cillian! :LOL: ):

A personal IMAX tour:

and this fascinating video shows the lengths they have to go through to prepare a print of the film in 70mm. Including demonstrating why this is probably the longest an IMAX film will ever be due the physical limits of the projector.

I’m definitely looking forward to this piece. Could be a wholeheartedly movie.

I've heard nothing but great things about this one. If only there was a theatre nearby that was playing it where I live...

I've heard nothing but great things about this one. If only there was a theatre nearby that was playing it where I live...
That would be a shame. None arthouse or indie cinema in a radius of roughly 25km?

That would be a shame. None arthouse or indie cinema in a radius of roughly 25km?

Actually, I do have one that's 30 miles away, but it's small, so what's there is limited. I hope they decide to show it in the future.

After being in progress for many, many years, the kickstarter funded 5-hour doc on Robocop 'Robodoc' seems to finally be coming. Some work in progress stuff I 3-years back looked incredible but at that point the producer was saying "We tried for the longest time to get Weller onboard but we could never get him to agree. Sigh, oh well" looks like the long wait paid off because he's in it now, along with virtually everybody else. I think the problem was Weller wanted money and they didn't have any to give him :LOL: .

Despite being a UK film, the US is getting it much earlier for some reason :cry: . I'll be having the blu-ray for xmas then!

F5bcIw1aIAAgdQC

Last edited:
A Sir Nicholas Winton biopic. This one will be a real tear jerker if they do it right:

Whaaaat? Wes Anderson is dropping another film three months after the last one:

Whaaaat? Wes Anderson is dropping another film three months after the last one:

After The French Dispatch and Asteroid City, I'm starting to get worried about Wes Anderson. This trailer isn't giving me a good feeling, but I hope he turns it around with this one.

After The French Dispatch and Asteroid City, I'm starting to get worried about Wes Anderson. This trailer isn't giving me a good feeling, but I hope he turns it around with this one.
Asteroid City was such a bore and this honestly just seems just like that unfortunately.

Asteroid City was such a bore and this honestly just seems just like that unfortunately.

I know what you mean. Hence the reason I said the trailer wasn't giving me a good feeling.

John David Washington, Gareth Edwards, Ken Watanabe....yeah I might actually go to the theatre to catch this one.
Sad to hear this movie isn't doing well. This article popped up on my feed. It has a video where Gareth talks about how he made the movie. The vfx conversation around the 30 min mark was a good listen.

Killers of the Flower Moon was incredible though (like everyone else) I wish there was an intermission. Had to use the bathroom so bad at the end I could barely walk out of the theater.

Marsh King’s Daughter was just as enjoyable. Seeing Ben Mendelsohn and Daisey Ridley in something other than SW was freaking awesome. They nailed it!

Oh and I thought the new Hunger Games was very enjoyable. Didn’t care for all the singing (and I’m a musician saying that) but that’s just how some of these films are nowadays

Back
Top Bottom