• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First teaser trailer out!
Looking awesome! And nice to see glimpses of Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie as the Winter Soldier and Falcon respectively.

^ Freaking amazing!!! :whoo:

This looks quite promising! Feels a little different from what i expected (I don't mean that in a bad way though). I am really looking forward to this! (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont be the disapointment thas iron man 3)

Wowza, Redford selling out...like a boss

Ugh. Not really looking forward to this one.

Overall the feeling is much darker, and while I understand the compulsion to do that with comic book adaptations, it doesn't work for Cap, IMO.

And I think think the costume is far worse, Fanedit.

In The Avengers it actually looked like Captain America come to life. I don't know who the guy in this film is supposed to be.

i'm a bit with Fettclone on this. i'll enjoy it because i'm a marvel-nerd fanboy from way back. but this thing, i could see every character swapped out with nameless nobody characters and the whole thing wouldn't miss a beat. i dunno. i hate to be that guy who's just hating on the big cliche blockbuster just because it's big and cliche. but that's exactly why that trailer doesn't give me good feelings. it strikes as just more of the same. to polished. to big. like listening to top 40 rock music.

Hmmm the costume (Like in 'Man Of Steel) has been darkened down to make it looks like Batman's armour. It's the Cap... red, white 'n' blue all the way, it was nigh on perfect in the first movie (Slightly ruined in 'The Avengers').

I'm still disapointed that it's set in the modern day, I wanted another movie of retro-futuristic 40s technology and fighting Nazi's Indy style. Plus 'First Avenger' was directed by a master like Joe Johnston but I've never heard of the new guys = worried.:mad:

That being said, the trailer suggests it's gonna have a bit of political bite. Captain America champion of freedom versus what President Eisenhower called the 'military industrial complex' would be very interesting. The casting of Robert 'All the Presidents Men' Redford suggests a desire to give it political weight.

Gonna go see it in a heartbeat... in my Captain America socks! ;-)

TM2YC said:
Hmmm the costume (Like in 'Man Of Steel) has been darkened down to make it looks like Batman's armour. It's the Cap... red, white 'n' blue all the way, it was nigh on perfect in the first movie (Slightly ruined in 'The Avengers').

I'm still disapointed that it's set in the modern day, I wanted another movie of retro-futuristic 40s technology and fighting Nazi's Indy style. Plus 'First Avenger' was directed by a master like Joe Johnston but I've never heard of the new guys = worried.:mad:

That being said, the trailer suggests it's gonna have a bit of political bite. Captain America champion of freedom versus what President Eisenhower called the 'military industrial complex' would be very interesting. The casting of Robert 'All the Presidents Men' Redford suggests a desire to give it political weight.

Gonna go see it in a heartbeat... in my Captain America socks! ;-)

I like what I perceive they are doing? The US Gov't is trying to control Cap and make him more serious which reflects in te Costume and at some point he is forced to break out, notice teh end with the WW2 costume. (btw, I hate the avenger's costume .... i love the WW2 one.)

Please, please, please let this be as good as the trailers promise! :) (Damn you trailers you've lied to me before :-D).

after a good but disappointing Thor 2, this looks like it will make up for all that.
CANT WAIT

That's an amazing trailer. So far, Marvel Phase 2 has been mostly enjoyable, but neither film equaled their Phase 1 predecessors. This one looks vastly superior to The First Avenger - and I really liked that one, too! So much potential, here.

So Cap is fighting Mr. Mascara who is a mashup of Heath Ledger's Joker and the Terminator? I hope there's more to it than that. I hope Cap teams up with Mr. Mascara to fight Robert Redford. Epic.

Brumous said:
So Cap is fighting Mr. Mascara who is a mashup of Heath Ledger's Joker and the Terminator? I hope there's more to it than that. I hope Cap teams up with Mr. Mascara to fight Robert Redford. Epic.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but everyone knows who the Winter Soldier is, right? ;-)

bionicbob said:
I don't want to spoil anything for anyone...

I do like that they're being subtle about that aspect so far. Keeping him mysterious, but not playing him up as a mystery. Just some masked nemesis for Cap to face.

matrixgrindhouse said:
I do like that they're being subtle about that aspect so far. Keeping him mysterious, but not playing him up as a mystery. Just some masked nemesis for Cap to face.

Though based on some of the pics released today, close ups of the Winter Soldier sans make-up, it is pretty obvious who he is.... The publicity department should have kept it under wraps longer. But I guess if you read Marvel comics, everyone already knows who he is.... and I suppose the bigger and more important part of the story is HOW he became the Winter Soldier.

Either way, I am extremely excited for this movie!

Back
Top Bottom