• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 5 - It will be awesome!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
well, today found this bit of news.

http://www.slashfilm.com/shailene-w...-2-and-probably-the-amazing-spider-man-3-too/

now we have our MJ in the series. what do you guys think? is that a good idea to bring Mary Jane into the mix now? what are you guys hoping from Amazing Spider-Man 2?
IGN claims her role in ASM2 will be pretty small - more of a teaser for a larger part in 3. I think that that's exactly the right approach. Electro is also rumored to feature, which I'm totally cool with.

I do hope that, while the Osborn family will obviously continue to play a role, they won't do too much Goblin stuff. I'd love to see another whack at Venom, and maybe also Carnage - I know lots of people hate him, and I only know his look, don't know anything about the character, but I like the look. And I've already gone on record as saying Punisher would make a great antagonist/dubious ally in such a sequel rather than the star of yet another failed movie.

Regardless, I'm psyched. ASM was the best Spidey yet! :)

I found the first one boring as hell so the only thing that is holding my interest is that Electro might be the villain. I've been wanting to see him in a Spider-Man movie since the first Raimi SM was still in talks.

Yeah, the only way they'll get me to see the sequels would be to continue with villains we haven't seen before.

But who knows? Maybe ASM2 will be great. With the writers involved though, I predict good at best. :|

man... amazing spider-man almost forgot about that thing
i hope the sequel has a better motivation for the villain

Sunarep said:
i hope the sequel has a better motivation for the villain
Not to be too negative, but somehow I doubt it. Some of the bad guys from this writing duo...

Megatron in Transformers 1 and 2.
The Aliens from Cowboys & Aliens.
Nero from Star Trek.
Whatever character Philip Seymour Hoffman played in Mission: Impossible III.

Did not see Spidey 4, not planning to see Spidey 5.

You know, it's like a good old TV series where they start to change the actors, or the characters, because the stars are all quiting the show. They saying it's the same show, but you don't care anymore.
For me, I think they should have waited longuer to start a reboot (I know they rushed things because of rights issues, but still). The way they did things, it just looked like like "more of the same, but not as good" (again, I did not see Sipdey 4, just the feeling I had watching trailers and comments).

TMBTM said:
Did not see Spidey 4, not planning to see Spidey 5.

You know, it's like a good old TV series where they start to change the actors, or the characters, because the stars are all quiting the show. They saying it's the same show, but you don't care anymore.
For me, I think they should have waited longuer to start a reboot (I know they rushed things because of rights issues, but still). The way they did things, it just looked like like "more of the same, but not as good" (again, I did not see Sipdey 4, just the feeling I had watching trailers and comments).

Yeah it was pretty much like a new pilot episode that felt like it had a checklist with all the plotpoints from the previous series. Either they should have waited or they should have distanced themselves more from the originsl like batman begins compared to batman 89

Gaith said:
ASM was the best Spidey yet! :)

Okay, that's an exaggerating. I don't want to get into a fight with anyone, just that the beginning kinda sums up my feeling's about that statement.

Anyway, I'm kinda hopeful about this one, but not for the reasons some may think. Seeing how the writer's for this one also wrote for 09 Star Trek, the first 2 Transformers, and Cowboys & Aliens, the prospect of the sequel failing makes me rather giddy. :)

I didn't mind The Amazing Spider-Man. yeah, there was a little bit of few problems with plot. And some of the character actions
The way Peter told Gwen his secret.
But, overall we got a solid Spider-Man film that established our new Spider-Man and his world. it'll be nice to see where they take the story next. i'm excited cause there's a good chance of seeing new Spidey villians instead of retreading on previous villians from the Raimi trilogy.

and on the inclusion of Mary Jane to the supporting cast of characters , I dunno how I feel bout it. yeah, it's going to happen sooner or later. I just am honestly not looking forward to them ending up together, if they do. mostly cause it's been done before. but it'll be interesting to see how they establish and use the character in the series.

though, one villian i'd like to see restablished (if they do retread one character that was previously used) it'd be Venom. mostly cause he never got his full due. he was just thrown into pot that is known as Spider-Man 3.

steelio2006 said:
I didn't mind The Amazing Spider-Man. yeah, there was a little bit of few problems with plot. And some of the character actions
The way Peter told Gwen his secret.

I honestly though that was the best scene of the movie. :)

Yeah! Not only did it spare us the whole "I wonder who Spider-Man could possibly be, since he's obviously not his admitted buddy Peter, who keeps leaving right before he appears" crap of the first two Raimi movies... and, it totally makes sense. A teenage kid crushing on a gal who's probably out of his league gets superpowers, why wouldn't he do that? It's the first thing he'd do! :p

Yeah, they took that character beat from USM comics, where Peter telling MJ that he's Spider-Man is pretty much the first thing he does.

And, I'm not a big fan of aggregated scores, but... both Spider-Man 2 and ASM have 7.5 score on IMDB, and Ebert rated ASM just 0.5 stars lower than SM2. So, it's a good enjoyable movie at the least.

I enjoyed Raimi's movies myself a lot. But... really, they aren't THAT much better than ASM. They have the same problem with villain motivation (Goblin is just crazy, Doc Ock is controlled by tentacles that use his grief of the dead wife to try and... do something, explode the world, take over it? Who knows...) SM2 got lots of pointless scenes and characters (the milk/cookie neighbour? What's the point of her? Why MJ is such an egoistic bitch in SM2?) and in SM1 Peter's character progression stops mid-movie when he becomes Spider-Man (while in ASM it's throughout the whole movie).

I find both Raimi's and Webb's movies to be enjoyable flicks. But I find Webb's to be better.

EDIT: Also, Peter taking out eggs from his backpack at the very end became, like, one of my most favourite movie scenes ever.

Farlander said:
[...]in SM1 Peter's character progression stops mid-movie when he becomes Spider-Man (while in ASM it's throughout the whole movie).
Does it even count when he has no actual character progression? Peter at the end of ASM is the same guy who was at the start. A cocky guy who helps people and tends to make all his decisions based on what's best for him. :)

Uncanny Antman said:
Does it even count when he has no actual character progression? Peter at the end of ASM is the same guy who was at the start. A cocky guy who helps people and tends to make all his decisions based on what's best for him. :)

haha, yeah, Andrew Garfield goes from awesome, skateboarding, teenager with no real problems to awesome, skateboarding, teenager with no real problems who can swing through the city. but i think this has to do with the public image of nerds having changed due to stuff like big bang theory etc.

Doc Ock is controlled by tentacles that use his grief of the dead wife to try and... do something, explode the world, take over it?

while the trigger is a bit far fetched with the tentacles at the heart it is still a very human conflict about responsibility. I remember being completely surprised in the cinema when it turned out that Doc Ock was no villain who wanted to take over the world or be evil but just a misguided man who had a dream.
especially the ending is fantastic...so it doesn't really compare to ASM's "the best thing for people is to turn them into lizards" which can only be justified by saying "well he has gone crazy"

Arent most movie villains (especially those in comic book adaptations) a little crazy, how else would they come up with such elobrate schemes, even the ones who's motivations are actually clear like Bane, Obadiah Stane, etc.

Farlander said:
I enjoyed Raimi's movies myself a lot. But... really, they aren't THAT much better than ASM. They have the same problem with villain motivation (Goblin is just crazy, Doc Ock is controlled by tentacles that use his grief of the dead wife to try and... do something, explode the world, take over it? Who knows...) SM2 got lots of pointless scenes and characters (the milk/cookie neighbour? What's the point of her? Why MJ is such an egoistic bitch in SM2?) and in SM1 Peter's character progression stops mid-movie when he becomes Spider-Man (while in ASM it's throughout the whole movie).

Not putting you down or anything, but lines like that really make me want to do a Red Letter Media style review comparing both sets of movies and highlighting what the movies got right and wrong.

I would, but I'd have to wait for the movie to come out, get a copy of Spider-Man 3 that doesn't have a scratch on the disc, learn how to rip vids from youtube and such, but it would be so worth it.

But, even though I can do it, I'm not gonna imitate Mr Plinkett's voice. Wouldn't want to be a total rip off now, would I?;)

Farlander said:
Yeah, they took that character beat from USM comics, where Peter telling MJ that he's Spider-Man is pretty much the first thing he does.

And, I'm not a big fan of aggregated scores, but... both Spider-Man 2 and ASM have 7.5 score on IMDB, and Ebert rated ASM just 0.5 stars lower than SM2. So, it's a good enjoyable movie at the least.

I find both Raimi's and Webb's movies to be enjoyable flicks. But I find Webb's to be better.

EDIT: Also, Peter taking out eggs from his backpack at the very end became, like, one of my most favourite movie scenes ever.

i had totally forgotten bout that beat from USM. gives me more than enough reason to go back and reread USM from the very beginning.

Peter remembering the eggs at the very end was also a nice beat.

Back
Top Bottom