• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Jigsaw Files by Sunarep

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Jigsaw Files is an edit which combines all six Saw-movies into one chronological experience

thejigsawfilesdisc.png

Fanedit details:

Original film name: Saw
Film studio name: Lionsgate
Film release date: 2004
Original runtime: 103 minutes
New runtime: 140 minutes
Amount of time cut/added: about 40 minutes added/3 Minutes Cut

Intention:
For 6 Years now the Saw-Franchise has created a story that not only progressed forward, but also filled in many blank spots via flashbacks. After 6 movies there is a huge amount of backstory told in non-linear fashion, so intertwined that some people lose track about the plot.

Plot:
The Jigsaw Files is the attempt to restructure the flashbacks in linear fashion and tell the story about John Kramer, Jill Tuck, Amanda Young and Mark Hoffman.
The story of this edit starts with John whose wife loses her child in an accident caused by the addict Cecil. Coming believe that people can only appreciate their life when faced with death John starts to construct diabolic traps – the game is about to begin.

Editing details:
Using Saw I-VI the storyline of Saw I is expanded to almost 2.5 hours to tell everything that happened before the infamous bathroom trap that started the most successful horror-franchise of all time.
I tried to keep the canon in mind as much as possible to tell a cohesive story and make it not look like a youtube Saw-compilation, but with the Seth Baxter trap I removed the video showing Billy the puppet. There is now a loudspeaker telling Seth the rules of his games since this game was made by Hoffman and a Billy tape made by a copycat before we see Billy in a Jigsaw trap is just too abrupt continuity-wise.
Also some of the dialogue between Adam and Dr. Gordon is cut – the lines that make sense if you have no clue what is going on, but seem redundant after already having seen 40 minutes of backstory and preparing the bathroom.
To match the footage of the later Saw’s with the greenish hue of Saw I the edit went through some colour corrections to get rid of the blue (Saw IV), red (Saw V) and grey (Saw VI) hue.
Unfortunately by the time of Saw VI the flashbacks have become so washed out that the image quality differs drastically from the previous movies – a look I sadly didn’t manage to fix.

Cutlist:
Opening montage showing John and the Billy doll with the scene of John talking to William intercut
Cecil starts a fight in Jill's clinic
John takes Jill to the workshop
Jill loses her baby when Cecil attacks her
Added Amanda and Cecil at the clinic
John and Jill in hospital –
Inserted flashback “Cherish your life”
Art and Jill enter John's workshop
John gets diagnosed with cancer - montage with music intercut with medical files footage
William denies John an experimental cancer treatment
Suicide attempt
John puts Cecil into the knife-chair
Rigg and Hoffman at Police station
Rigg beats abusive father of schoolgirl
Art tries to sue Rigg
Jill returns to John's workshop
Seth's trap (with loudspeaker instead of billy-video)
Hoffman and Fisk arrive at Seth's murder scene
Hoffman talks to Fisk about Kerry
John abducts Hoffman
Hoffman and John capture Paul
Paul's trap gets prepared Jigsaw gives Hoffman the penlight from Dr. Gordon
Kerry, Sing and Tapp appear at the crime scene
Amanda gets high, when she is drugged we see her remembering the car ride to Jill's clinic with Cecil Preparation of the reverse beartrap
Reverse beartrap
Amanda leaves the trap
Mark's trap
Dr. Gordon talking about John Kramer's medical condition
Interrogation of Gordon and Amanda - trimmed to avoid redundancy
Tapp drives Gordon home
Amanda returns to her room, John is waiting for her
Tapp figures out where Jigsaw's lair is
Sing gets killed Jigsaw escapes
*re-inserted* Adam meets Amanda
Dr. Gordon’s home
Gordon gets a phone call from Zepp
Adam takes picture of Gordon
Gordon gets captured
Adam returns to his apartment and falls asleep
Amanda gets her first task from Jigsaw
Adam wakes up and gets abducted by Amanda
Amanda enters the bathroom, preparation
Saw 1 without flashbacks various trims to avoid redundancy
Revelation with new final montage

Additional comment:
This is not an edit that tries to evoke the mood of Saw or improve upon the source. It is a tribute to the Saw-franchise to celebrate its consistent flashbacks and intertwined storylines. A lot of the revelations (like the huge twist, the feeling of not knowing where and who Adam and Gordon are) are gone since there is footage before showing the preparation of the traps, this fanedit was made to give fans of the franchise a new experience or to help people to catch up with the plot of this series

Thanks to:
Zagadka, Aaron707, The Kramer Project, Boon, Uncanny Antman, TMBTM, Stankpac, Molcoo

And everyone else who provided motivation from:
www.fanedit.org
www.houseofjigsaw.com
www.sawhouse.net

Technical-Info:
SL NTSC DVD
English
Animated Menus

Special Features:
Trailer Saw VII
The Jigsaw Files II – Teaser
Deleted/Edited Scenes

This looks fine but I'll wait until I go further in my watching of the Saw series before I check this out. I've only seen the first one.

wuhu, it's on, now i just have to finish the cover

Sunarep said:
wuhu, it's on, now i just have to finish the cover

I have this image in my mind where the front and back cover appear as a whole, and the front cover looks like a top secret FBI file,
including the top secret stamp, and "FBI: Federal Bureau of Investigation" at the bottom right hand corner,
and at the top left corner, a picture of John Kramer attached to the folder with a paperclip.
The back could then include some information in the form of a police dossier, as well as pictures of known accomplices.
What do you think? :wink:

Galen_Marek_True_Jedi said:
I have this image in my mind where the front and back cover appear as a whole, and the front cover looks like a top secret FBI file,
including the top secret stamp, and "FBI: Federal Bureau of Investigation" at the bottom right hand corner,
and at the top left corner, a picture of John Kramer attached to the folder with a paperclip.
The back could then include some information in the form of a police dossier, as well as pictures of known accomplices.
What do you think? :wink:

can you read minds? :D that's scary

whats up, i just tried for the dlc file and it is labeled spiderman3-redemption. making sure i have the correct files from the link page.

scrapesky said:
whats up, i just tried for the dlc file and it is labeled spiderman3-redemption. making sure i have the correct files from the link page.

strange, says badscooter as well for me

Sunarep said:

You nailed it, right down to the coffee mug stain! :)
I should find good use for my recently acquired mind-reading abilities :Yellow_Flash_Colorz

Peterson said:
I've made 3 covers for this edition. You can se the first Version here...

The Jigsaw Files by Sunarep - V.01

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?3248-Covers-By-bibescu-(AKA-Peterson)

thank you, i think the first one works best because they look more like "pictures" that billy is showcasing, only thing I'd change is desaturate the saw II and saw poster to fit more with the rest since they are the more colorful posters and with the alter saws they went for the very grey style

updated the text after of the dvd after a suggestion by uncanny antman

Thank You Sunarep!!!! hats off to you my man! i am a huge "Saw" fan, and this film was perfect for me. all i can say is if you are a fan, WATCH THIS FANEDIT!!! very nice tweaks here & there, man so much to say, just Thank You!

just in time for Halloween!!!

wow, I'm glad people like this, saying that this is a treat for a saw fan is a big compliment, thanks very much

JIGSAW77 said:
i thought this was a masterpeice thx

thanks mate,

wow, I'm really glad I finished this edit before watching this clip (Spoilers):

would have robbed a lot of my motivation... this does look more like final destination than saw...

VII is looking stupider every day. I hope we're proven wrong, but...jeez.

This fanedit is already second in the weekly top 5 (most viewed pages) before it is even "released" on the main FE page! (it will be on monday). I know it's on the .INFO page for some days, but still, a nice start.
Congrats.

Uncanny Antman said:
VII is looking stupider every day. I hope we're proven wrong, but...jeez.

yep... the dr. gordon scene is the only one i remotely like, probably because it's dr. gordon, right now i feel like the resident evil fans who get baited with every movie "oh they haveWESKER in resident evil afterlife!!! Z0mg i'm so excited!" therefore they'll ignore all the bad tv spots that are here to catch the other people...

TMBTM said:
This fanedit is already second in the weekly top 5 (most viewed pages) before it is even "released" on the main FE page! (it will be on monday). I know it's on the .INFO page for some days, but still, a nice start.
Congrats.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Back
Top Bottom