• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen -The Kitten Calendar Ed.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
updated first post:
fanedit info:
DVD-9
original aspect ratio
Big Screen (or IMAX) version
AC-3 5.1 audio

what kind of fanedit: True Fanedit
original film name: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
new film name : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The Kitten Calendar Edition
film studio name : Paramount
edit crew name : Kevinicus
Date Original Film Was Released : 6/24/09
Date Edit Was Released : 12/16/09
Original Runtime : 150 minutes
New Runtime : 130 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 20 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

*The entire introduction with The Fallen and prehistoric man.
*All of Optimus' voice over during the Shanghai scene.
*Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene.
*Trimmed Sam & Parents at the beginning somewhat (and dogs humping).
*Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying).
*Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger.
*Trimmed Leo's roommates some as well as some of Sam's parents.
*Trimmed Sam/Alice at party and part of the car scene.
*Trimmed Megatron/Starscream on Nemesis and trimmed middle and end of scene.
*Trimmed classroom flirtation bit.
*Trimmed Sam in his room and w/Alice.
*Trimmed talk in the library.
*Cut repeated footage of Soundwave.
*Cut Sam's parents with the mime.
*Trim news bits after Decepticons arrival.
*Cut Galloway shutting down NEST.
*Trimmed meat shop (no more talk about teeth).
*Cut Simmon's ass.
*Cut Leo shocking himself.
*Trim Jetfire talking about his family being there for "centuries".
*Leo/Mikeala land in desert
*Image of Autobots being loaded onto plane and Lennox comments about it being a mistake
*Removal of Lennox and Epps discussing the phone call and location of coordinates
*Removal of Checkpoint scene
*Remove Galloway parachute scene
*Change footage and trim end of Petra scene to remove Simmons viewing troops parachuting from so far away, and to add time lapse.
*Remove Simmons pointing at flare right after Sam does.
*Heavily trim parts of military scenes (mostly parts without robots).
*Remove Galloway in desert scene
*Remove repeat shot from first movie of Drone
*Trim Simmons conversation with Captain of Aircraft Carrier
*Crop shot of Simmons on walkie talkie to remove wrong pyramid from the background
* Remove Devastator's balls (the flagrant scene anyway).
*Trimmed Sam's meeting with the Primes (I refuse to call this robot heaven since that's not what it is). I don't care a lot for this scene, but I feel it is necessary. I removed the part about Sam's destiny though, that isn't necessary.
*Removed a couple of repeated shots during The Fallen's retrieving of the Matrix.
*Removed the audio for "Give me your face!"
*And I went back and cut out the 6 bogeys coming up from the water for those that feel it's a continuity error.
*various other small edits

Fanedit details: Dual-Layer DVD, original aspect ratio, ac-3 5.1 audio. DVD includes menus (with animated buttons) and scene selection designed to fit the theme of the Edition name.

Your intention for this fanedit: My intention was to trim down the excess fat to speed up the pacing and hopefully increase the sense of
urgency, and help the film not drag so much. I also wanted to remove the aspects that limited the scope to such a seemingly small period of
time (relative to the Transformers lifespan). There were other various poor jokes, continuity errors, geographical mistakes that I tried to
correct as much as possible.

Your way to achieve your intention: For the most part just find what didn't work and wasn't necessary or was repetetive and remove it.
Sometimes this required rearrangement of audio or video, and some fixes required cropping of scenes as well.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Axus quad-core processor with blu-ray drive. Original retail
blu-ray (Big Screen Edition, i.e. IMAX version) was used as a source. DVDFab was used for capture. NeroVision was used to make a new file
of the movie with less timestamp errors. Nerovision was primarily used for the first half of editing. Sony Vegas Pro 9 was used later to
finish and fix problems with Nero's output. NeroVision was used for menus.

Additional Comment: This is not the edit for those who hated the Twins, this is for those who liked the Twins, but had other issues with the
movie, particularly the pacing. I will have another edit availabe, "The Real Effing Deal" for those who hate the Twins.

Time needed for the edition: About a month
persons involved: Kevinicus

DVD-9 is now available at MU.

Having finished my edit of the 2007 Transformers Movie (Transformers: Reformatted) I've started on an edit of Revenge of the Fallen. My goal is much the same as it was for the 2007 movie, which was to trim as much of what I felt didn't work and to improve the pacing while maintaining all the key points to the plot being sure not to leave any gaps that will cause confusion (I know some of you already think it's confusing).

Where possible I will try and clean up any minor problems with consistency or inaccuracies.

The first movie I made several passes through and went back and forth working on and changing my cuts. Due to the software I'm using this caused many headaches from having to realign video to audio since it doesn't allow you to lock an audio file to the video file. For ROTF I've been starting from the beginning and slowly working my way through, completing a cut/transition before going to the next. Currently I am working on the Jetfire portion of the movie.

Some of the cuts I've made so far include:

*The entire introduction with The Fallen and prehistoric man.
*All of Optimus' voice over during the Shanghai scene.
*Moved the title sequence to the end of the Shanghai scene.
*Trimmed Sam & Parents at the beginning somewhat (and dogs humping).
*Trimmed Bumblebee in the garage (crying).
*Trimmed the last line from the Nest hanger.
*Trimmed Leo's roommates some as well as some of Sam's parents.
*Trimmed Sam/Alice at party and part of the car scene.
*Trimmed Megatron/Starscream on Nemesis and trimmed end of scene.
*Trimmed classroom flirtation bit.
*Trimmed Sam in his room and w/Alice.
*Trimmed talk in the library.
*Cut repeated footage of Soundwave.
*Cut Sam's parents with the mime.
*Cut Galloway shutting down NEST.
*Trimmed meat shop (no more talk about teeth).
*Cut Simmon's ass.
*Cut Leo shocking himself.
*Cut Jetfire talking about his family being there for "centuries".

Now that's about as far as I've finished. I've begun on the next one or two cuts and I'm trying to remove the parachute scene, but need to make the scene flow right without it. It's a little difficult because the humans fall to the ground in the middle of the scene and then get back up after he falls down. I'll keep it if I have to, but would rather not. I also want to remove (during the desert part) Jetfire talking about how The Fallen hated humans. I really want to get rid of reference to humans from when the Fallen was around before so as to allow for that time to be a lot longer ago than the 17,000 B.C. that is shown in the intro. I have an idea for this part, but I'm not sure it will work yet. If anyone has suggestions on the best way to do it, I'm all ears.

I'm also trying to think of a name for this edit. Right now I'm thinking about, "The Kitten Calendar Edition." It really has nothing to do with the edit, but is just a goofy title.

I should mention that those who hated the Twins probably will not like my cut. My wife and I loved the Twins and every single frame involving those 2 will remain in this fanedit. Wheelie will also remain mostly intact, with possible minor trimming. Really outside of parts at the beginning and a little of the Nemesis scene, there will be very little cut involving the Transformers (Devastator's balls will be cut of course). Sam's parents will be trimmed to an extent that might satisfy some, but might not be enough for others (both home and school scenes will be trimmed though).

kool sounds interesting i was waiting for someone to make an edit of rotf ive got an edit of sams talk to bb with added footage if you want to see it i'll try to post it

This is good news for anyone wanting an edit of Revenge of the Fallen, good to know we have a really talented editor on the job.

ChldsPlay said:
Due to the software I'm using this caused many headaches from having to realign video to audio since it doesn't allow you to lock an audio file to the video file.
This quote scares me horribly. What an awful amount of work this sounds like. Sounds like all the extra pain and suffering I used to go through when I didn't know how to use a few key functions in Sony Vegas, which resulted in having to manually fix tons of sync errors across my edits.

ChldsPlay said:
I'm also trying to think of a name for this edit. Right now I'm thinking about, "The Kitten Calendar Edition." It really has nothing to do with the edit, but is just a goofy title.
For some reason I think this is a cool title... even if it doesn't make any sense.

Hard for me to be interested in personally seeing Revenge of the Fallen, since I wasn't even that big a fan of the original Transformers, and people hated this one so much. But who knows, maybe I'll check out an edit of it someday.

I am going to watch all fanedits of this movie which will be created. This is example of a movie which desperately needs additional editing.

I think that It would be good idea, to watch all of the edits and then, combine them into one edit which gathers all of good cuts made by all of fan-editors. I will probably do something like that for my private home use, and release it only with acceptance of editors whose cuts will be included.

So I am looking forward to watch this edit, even If I'm sure that it won't meet all of my expectations (twins, Sam's parents... You know what I mean ;))

CasmirRadon said:
This quote scares me horribly. What an awful amount of work this sounds like. Sounds like all the extra pain and suffering I used to go through when I didn't know how to use a few key functions in Sony Vegas, which resulted in having to manually fix tons of sync errors across my edits.

It wasn't too bad, I just had to use the math on the timestamps to realign it, but it was still annoying. Whenever I shortened or lengthened something early on in the movie, everything beyond that point that had a secondary audio (that extended beyond the video clip) had to be realigned. By the end of editing probably 75% of the movie had secondary audio source so it got frustrating. I think if I have to fix something in the future that requires me to remove or add frames I'll just add or remove frames of black at the very beginning (before Dreamworks logo) to match whatever I changed.

CasmirRadon said:
For some reason I think this is a cool title... even if it doesn't make any sense.

It makes a little sense since it is a small gag in the movie (which I cut out half of). I just skimmed through the movie looking for something corny to come up with as a subtitle. I imagine I could come up with a creative menu using that, and if someone was willing they could create some interesting cover art.

ShortRound24 said:
kool sounds interesting i was waiting for someone to make an edit of rotf ive got an edit of sams talk to bb with added footage if you want to see it i'll try to post it

Sure, I'd be happy to see it.

ChldsPlay said:
ShortRound24 said:

here it is

ShortRound24 said:
ChldsPlay said:
ShortRound24 said:

here it is

It says the video is private.

sorry mate first time on vimeo youtube didnt like it should work now

sorry mate first time on vimeo youtube didnt like it should work now

Hadn't seen that before. It might have been useful if it was in HD, but I'm not sure I'd have included it either way.

It is included in current releases of my ROTF edit (not in the first avi version). But BBB crying is cut out.

I'm also trying to think of a name for this edit.

Should be called "Reformatted" just as the first one.

It would seem like the fan-edit series, and nobody would'nt need to wonder which fanedit is from which editor - if somebody knows the first one, title would say it all. I'm not sure but it seems that Reave is going to call his edit of ROTF "Resparked" just like the first one.

Gieferg said:
It is included in current releases of my ROTF edit (not in the first avi version). But BBB crying is cut out.

I'm also trying to think of a name for this edit.

Should be called "Reformatted" just as the first one.

It would seem like the fan-edit series, and nobody would'nt need to wonder which fanedit is from which editor - if somebody knows the first one, title would say it all. I'm not sure but it seems that Reave is going to call his edit of ROTF "Resparked" just like the first one.

I thought about that, but I don't like having two subtitles. This way the name of the movie is the same, with subtitle, but it's a new edition.

ShotgunSaint said:
It know it's kind of a lame suggestion, but how about "Transformers Reformatted 2"?

Or I could go all Twilight *shudder* and call it: The Reformatted Saga - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Though I think I wanna keep The Kitten Calendar Edition no matter what.

I wonder how it would look on the shelf. Reformatted series in one 2DVD case - that would be nice. But Kitten calendar next to reformatted? And will there be a kitten calendar on the front cover? :D And one thing - my wife loves kittens and kittens calendars, so I'm sure she would like that kind of cover :grin:

"TRANSFORMERS REFORMATTED: REVENGE OF THE KITTEN CALENDAR!" :lol:

Perhaps the title comes from this?

"]
@ 3:07

You're Welcome

33zebud.jpg

Back
Top Bottom