• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman Beyond/Year One/Future DCAU Projects

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here goes the last of the Power Director run I had gone on, if it's not great, I think you know why but I think this is a hell of a lot more polished up than Batman Legacy. From what I saw there are no real problems with audio or transitions, so here goes nothing! It's an edit of the first two episodes mixed with the episode "Spellbound" to make a 58 Minute film.

BatmanBeyond_ThrowgnCpr_3D2.jpg

Link to Download Artwork: https://images.fanedit.org/fanedits_cove ... wgnCpr.rar

Original Title: Batman Beyond - "Rebirth Part 1 & 2", "Spellbound"
New Title: Batman Beyond
Run Time: 58 Minutes
Goal: Create an origin story that included a major villain in the Batman Beyond series, Spellbinder, who is Terry's guidance counselor, and produce a cohesive storyline where Terry would grow into the Batman of the Kid's WB Batman Beyond series, and future Batman Beyond films to be edited by myself.

Added/Cut:

Added the Warner Premiere logo and Warner Bros. Animation Logo.
Cut Vietnam Enactment Scene.
Cut Bruce/Terry chatting in Bruce's library.
Cut Awkward Shots of Bruce as an elder.
Rearranged numerous scenes.
Added elongated cut scene from original Pilot where Bruce lets Terry get beat up by the police for longer.
Added End Credits.

First two episodes of Batman Beyond?

Can you give us a little more detail to tell us what you've done?

I'm a Batman fan Jack and it'd be nice if you could give a little more detail for your edits, rather than a synopsis. Please PM the links......

What I have done is presented the origin of Terry McGinnis while incorporating a sub-plot of the villain Spellbinder who hypnotizes his victims into stealing priceless goods for him. I combined the three episodes to create an origin tale that still remained faithful to the pilot and would set up a further movie to explain why Bruce has given up on being Batman. I'll PM them to you right away. What I have done is cut away some parts that were cheesy, such as a fashion designer having a hallucination about the Vietnam War...frankly that makes almost no sense for the future (2040 or so). I have also cut out some cringe worth animation shots of Bruce, where quite frankly, he looks rather silly during a serious moment. Not too much else has been changed that I can think of at the moment but I hope you enjoy and I'll bring up something if I remember it.

I look forward to the viewing.....

MU on linktalk

Boon, white43 has brought to my attention that one of the links is not working, please remove from LinkTalk until I upload a new one, please. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK - well I've downloaded twice now, this is now in fact the second version of this animation that I've watched and I've enjoyed watching them both.

There were a few issues with plot in the first version, but I'm pleased to say that Jack Tourette has corrected these issues and we now have a tight cohesive narrative.

Visual
No visual issues to speak of. Some nice transitions have been worked into the edit to amalgamate all three episodes. Picture is nice and sharp for an XVID version. 10/10

Audio
Again, no issues, all edits are seemless and there are again some nice audio transitions.10/10

The edit
This is essentially a mash up of three episodes and it works very well. As I aleady said, the first edition contained a few 'huh?' moments, but the movement of one scene and removal of another has essentially straightened this out. The beginning credits for Batman Beyond are pretty cool and the end credits which previously were Batman 'film' credits have been changed to Batman Beyond credits, making it feel a little more in it's own 'zone' as it were.

I didn't notice anything missing from this edit, not at all - the narrative is tight and streamlined, apparently there's a whole sequence removed involving the Vietnam War - you'd never know it!

Introduction of Spellbinder early on makes this really feel like Batman is facing two foes at once and enough scenes are used to keep you remembering both. I thoroughly enjoyed this!

10/10

Verdict : Approved.
approved.png

YAY I FINALLY MADE IT! Thanks for the review White, and wow 10/10. Glad you enjoyed it. :grin: I am now proud to say I'm an official fan-editor heh.

rightfully deserved. :) It was about time. And now you can rock the fanedit house. Welcome to the show. :)

Back
Top Bottom