• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Dark Knight Ascends

Honestly, "Man" sounds like "Ma" and "Wayne" sounds a little off.

I respectfully suggest you try to polish this scene some more. Feels awkward to me.

Thanks for the feedback! There is nothing to further tweak unfortunately, unless I can get Joseph himself to do the lines for me. If anyone can improve it with ai that would be sublime, but this is as good as it's going to get when using existing dialogue from the film. That's how he says man and wayne in the actual film. I didn't alter those words. I can't really alter it any further.:)

I guess it would be interesting to let someone listen to this with zero knowledge of the film and not say anything. Just let them see if something is 'off'.

Last edited:
Remind me: What are you trying to achieve by changing this scene?

It's already achieved for the most part. The edit has been out for quite some time all I changed was a small tweak in the timing in this sentence. Blake now suggests Gordon actually figured out who batman is and accidentaly told him after he was shot. This change also alters the final scene with Gordon and Batman. Giving it far more emotional impact. (imo)

This because the original dialogue had Blade tell Bruce he knows who batman is because he is also an orphan. Which is rediculous.

The entire line about batman is Frankenstein-ed from different parts of dialogue in the film, so I have to accept it will never be *perfect*. It just needs to sound good enough and improve the narrative.

i actually like the new dialogue. the audio does indeed seem to drop after man, but i really dont think a first time viewer would be confused. Blake's ''wayne'' sounds appropriately declarative, almost abruptly accusatory, which is actually perfect for whats happening in your version of the scene, and that leads well into the strings sustain when bruce suddenly realizes Gordon knows. good job.

its one of these things that sounds truncated when you play it over and over in isolation, but in the context of the scene its natural- and i say that as somebody whos usually a huge stickler for these things lol

i actually like the new dialogue. the audio does indeed seem to drop after man, but i really dont think a first time viewer would be confused. Blake's ''wayne'' sounds appropriately declarative, almost abruptly accusatory, which is actually perfect for whats happening in your version of the scene, and that leads well into the strings sustain when bruce suddenly realizes Gordon knows. good job.

its one of these things that sounds truncated when you play it over and over in isolation, but in the context of the scene its natural- and i say that as somebody whos usually a huge stickler for these things lol

Glad to hear you like it! That was the aim: to have him sound accusatory, only to realise hes actually pretty excited about it. The only thing I kind of regret is having to cut the giant alligators line. That was fan service actually done right. :D

I just watched, for me the delivery on "Wayne" is very unexpectedly different from the near-mumbling dialogue before and after, I think it might have an unintended humorous effect on the scene that undercuts what you want the viewer to take from it.

Honestly, "Man" sounds like "Ma" and "Wayne" sounds a little off.

I respectfully suggest you try to polish this scene some more. Feels awkward to me.
I was able to fix 'Ma'. Thanks for the feedback! Love this.

I just watched, for me the delivery on "Wayne" is very unexpectedly different from the near-mumbling dialogue before and after, I think it might have an unintended humorous effect on the scene that undercuts what you want the viewer to take from it.
It needs to be unexpected, and it would be very weird for him to mumble there. As @chipbayless said it's an accusation/questioning line. A question always ends with a different pitch at then end. I tried a mumbling 'Wayne' and it felt completely weird. It's a bit of a bomb to drop, which is why it's better that he says it like this.

Here's the scene with a longer 'nnn' sound after he says a 'masked man'. Unless someone can give a spot-on sample of the perfect 'Wayne' this is the final product. :D

I 100% agree with the feedback on the 'nnn' sound after hearing this, btw. Once I added it I realise what you meant. It's one of those 'once you hear it you cannot un-hear it' scenarios haha

Here's the scene with a longer 'nnn' sound after he says a 'masked man'. Unless someone can give a spot-on sample of the perfect 'Wayne' this is the final product. :D

I 100% agree with the feedback on the 'nnn' sound after hearing this, btw. Once I added it I realise what you meant. It's one of those 'once you hear it you cannot un-hear it' scenarios haha
This is significantly improved. good job

Just noticed you have bruce visiting gordon in the hospital with a ski mask on AFTER Blake tells him Gordon knows batman is Wayne. isnt this a bit of a plothole? why is wayne putting on the ski mask if he knows that gordon knows his identity? wouldnt it be easier for bruce to not mask up and to just use an elevator lol? Im wondering if the scene would work better if batman just "heliskii'd" out the window as a punchline to the doctors joke "just dont go heli-skiing" and then we cut straight to selina kyle.

It could work in three ways, first as a joke, second as a callback to waynes first run as batman in batman begins, and lastly as an indication to the audience that bruce is fully commited to coming back as batman. Maybe the gordon discussion is entirely unnecessary with your new edit of the john blake scene. It abruptly dampens the mood from the levity of the hospital discussion, it pointlessly tempers the excitement about wayne apparently getting back in action, and then it takes away from their final discussion at the climax before batman flies away with the bomb in tow, which is in part a reiteration of the hospital discussion.

or maybe im just being characteristically nitpicky lol

Just noticed you have bruce visiting gordon in the hospital with a ski mask on AFTER Blake tells him Gordon knows batman is Wayne. isnt this a bit of a plothole? why is wayne putting on the ski mask if he knows that gordon knows his identity? wouldnt it be easier for bruce to not mask up and to just use an elevator lol? Im wondering if the scene would work better if batman just "heliskii'd" out the window as a punchline to the doctors joke "just dont go heli-skiing" and then we cut straight to selina kyle.

It could work in three ways, first as a joke, second as a callback to waynes first run as batman in batman begins, and lastly as an indication to the audience that bruce is fully commited to coming back as batman. Maybe the gordon discussion is entirely unnecessary with your new edit of the john blake scene. It abruptly dampens the mood from the levity of the hospital discussion, it pointlessly tempers the excitement about wayne apparently getting back in action, and then it takes away from their final discussion at the climax before batman flies away with the bomb in tow, which is in part a reiteration of the hospital discussion.

I'm a big fan of keeping things open to interpretation. Maybe Bruce is just taking a precaution in case anyone happens to walk in.... He is always prepared right?

It could work in three ways, as a joke/callback to batman begins/indication that bruce is fully commited to coming back as batman. Maybe the gordon discussion is entirely unnecessary with your new edit of the john blake scene. It abruptly dampens the mood from the levity of the hospital discussion, tempers the excitement about wayne apparently getting back in action, and takes away from their discussion at the climax before batman flies away with the bomb in tow.

Because hospitals keep a record of visitors. Bruce Wayne visiting Gordon? The guy who doesnt make public appearances at all? Also because it looks cool. That said yes there probably are more convenient ways to visit him. This is something I didnt want to overthink because of Oldmans terrific performance.

What's worse is Bruce Wayne leaving his fingerprints all over crime scenes in TDK though at the majors speech with the tied up bodyguards, it were really going to analyse all of Bruce's moves :p

But I agree: it's a little silly, but also awesome.

Even the best movies of all time have plot holes. Definitely superhero movies for sure. Honestly I don't know if I've ever seen a superhero film without significant plot holes. I always find my self saying...."If the hero just did this or that, he could've prevented all this mayhem." Superman especially. It's entertainment, as long as I'm entertained, I'm good.

Even the best movies of all time have plot holes. Definitely superhero movies for sure. Honestly I don't know if I've ever seen a superhero film without significant plot holes. I always find my self saying...."If the hero just did this or that, he could've prevented all this mayhem." Superman especially. It's entertainment, as long as I'm entertained, I'm good.

Batman Begins is one big plothole. Vaporize water?! Humans are.. water.. for the most part.. There really is not logic to the weapon lol.

Batman Begins is one big plothole. Vaporize water?! Humans are.. water.. for the most part.. There really is not logic to the weapon lol.
Yeah Nolan sucks!! :ROFLMAO:

One scene that always got me was "let her go" in Dark Knight when Rachel and Batman fall off the top of the building and crash onto the top of a car. I guess technically Batman spread his cape a little but it still felt very weird to me. Oh we just landed on this car, no problem. Joker is up in the penthouse with all my guests, who cares...

I never liked that scene but hey, it is what it is. Still a good movie.

batman begins is simultaneously one of the smartest superhero movies ever made and the dumbest because of this plot device. I can confidently say without a lick of irony that the 66 series never had a villains gizmo that moronic.
even joel schumacher never went that dumb.
But hey, its an awesome visual, which is probably reason enough to retain the gordon hospital scene. That scene was especially prominent in promotional material, so for that reason alone its worth keeping. Many a fan edit have failed when straying way past the original productions intent. The best fan edits are the ones which those casually familiar with the film would never think were fan edits.

You would prefer they vaporize bananas? 🍌 🍌 🍌
Confused Christian Bale GIF

Back
Top Bottom