• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Post The Trailer Of Your Amazing Fanedit!

I made this trailer for my recently release fanedit of The Postman.
The clips I took were to convey a certain condensed story of sadness-dispair-rebellion-hope entwined with a love story, structured in that way. Costner loves wide shots, so I had to use some in the trailer. To be honest, they are beautiful.
The music is not my idea, but actually it's ArtisDead. He suggested I try making the trialer with Johnny Cash. At first I was a bit sceptic, I'm not well known with Cash's repertoire. But when my edit was finished, I got a whole lot more familiair with it :giggle:. Anyway, I though, what the heck, I'll just try it. Well, I wasn't dissapointed.
It fits like a glove.
It's void of any extra audio except for some subtle SFX, that was INIGHTMARES idea. The song carries the clips and the few SFX complement the clips with just the right amount.

IFDB
Project thread

Last edited:

This is a trailer for my edit of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The edit recurs the three movies into a three season episodic television format.

My inspiration for the trailer and the whole edit is as follows:
When you watch a tv show, often times we remember things in moments; the moment that Boromir died, the moment that Gandalf came back to life, the moment that Sméagol became free from Gollum. We say things like, “didn’t that happen in season 2, no it was season 3.” My point is that getting to see a story play out over time in episodic format really gives the content time to breathe and each story beat and each memorable moment has it’s time to shine. Instead of being quick moments or scenes in a movie, these moments can be completely transformed into narrative setups or climaxes in an episode.
To reflect this idea, my trailer for the edit is a compilation of moments from the series. These moments show some characters before and during their quest, illustrating how far the story takes them. Other moments shown are very well-known shots or scenes, again a reflection of the idea that we remember stories in moments. Overlayed all these shots are lines of dialogue from the series, each from a fan-favorite character. This is to tie everything back to the moments in these characters’ journeys. The track playing during the trailer is my favorite piece of music from the series.

My edit should be posted soon. Hope you enjoy!

Trailer for Mathilda, a Leon edit, by @ArtisDead and myself.

I reached out to Art for a killer song from the 80's or 90's to close out the movie, and he delivered. I particularly like the dual interpretation of the song. The "angel" could be either Leon saving Mathilda, or Mathilda saving Leon. In the end, they save each other.

Mathilda should be available for viewing some time in the next two weeks.

https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/mathilda.27048/

This is a trailer of Blade Runner 2049: Savage Cut, which I put together to showcase my first submission to this amazing community. All of the clips are sourced from the theatrical release and the trailer also includes a scene that’s not in the Save Cut edit. This was intentional, because when I was growing up, trailers and promo material often contained scenes or images that never made it into the film. So that’s a little nod to that 😊 Music is by Gary Numan, from the Savage album, which is the inspiration for the title of the edit.

This is a trailer for my edit of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The edit recurs the three movies into a three season episodic television format.

When you watch a tv show, often times we remember things in moments; the moment that Boromir died, the moment that Gandalf came back to life, the moment that Sméagol became free from Gollum. We say things like, “didn’t that happen in season 2, no it was season 3.” My point is that getting to see a story play out over time in episodic format really gives the content time to breathe and each story beat and each memorable moment has it’s time to shine. Instead of being quick moments or scenes in a movie, these moments can be completely transformed into narrative setups or climaxes in an episode.
To reflect this idea, my trailer for the edit is a compilation of moments from the series. These moments show some characters before and during their quest, illustrating how far the story takes them. Other moments shown are very well-known shots or scenes, again a reflection of the idea that we remember stories in moments. Overlayed all these shots are lines of dialogue from the series, each from a fan-favorite character. This is to tie everything back to the moments in these characters’ journeys. The track playing during the trailer is my favorite piece of music from the series.

What a beautiful trailer! Great work!!

Nice trailer, but I'd remove the graphic that says "fe.org" is the home of the fanedits. That's not the url.

This trailer for my new fan-edit, Hulk: The Exploding Frogs Cut, uses Wasteland by 10 Years, where clips are spliced in a way to mimic Bruce Banner's tragic life and tormented mind. I was reminded of 2000's superhero trailers such as Watchmen (2009) and Fantastic Four (2005), where rock-music was used effectively to convey the intensity and scale of the films we were going to see. The fan-edit seeks to strip away more of the campy and unnecessary elements imbued in this film, so as to keep a consistent darker tone and more fluid experience with less wacky transitions and CGI. The use of little sound was a creative choice on my part, so Hulk's roar at the end earns its spot and is built up to by the chorus and lyrics. I'd like to thank @ArtisDead, @greenturnedblue, @INIGHTMARES, and @bbghost for helping make this edit a reality and not giving up on me these past two months. You have my upmost thanks. And a special thanks to @ArtisDead for helping me pick out the music for this and getting my approval started!

Link to the project thread: https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/hulk-the-exploding-frogs-cut-edit-remake-2023.27775/

Last edited:
This trailer for my new fan-edit, Hulk: The Exploding Frogs Cut, uses Wasteland by 10 Years, where clips are spliced in a way to mimic Bruce Banner's tragic life and tormented mind. I was reminded of 2000's superhero trailers such as Watchmen (2009) and Fantastic Four (2005), where rock-music was used effectively to convey the intensity and scale of the films we were going to see. The fan-edit seeks to strip away more of the campy and unnecessary elements imbued in this film, so as to keep a consistent darker tone and more fluid experience with less wacky transitions and CGI. The use of little sound was a creative choice on my part, so Hulk's roar at the end earns its spot and is built up to by the chorus and lyrics. I'd like to thank @ArtisDead, @greenturnedblue, @INIGHTMARES, and @bbghost for helping make this edit a reality and not giving up on me these past two months. You have my upmost thanks. And a special thanks to @ArtisDead for helping me pick out the music for this and getting my approval started!

Link to the project thread: https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/hulk-the-exploding-frogs-cut-edit-remake-2023.27775/
Wow, that cut at 00:22...awesome!

I've always loved Hulk (2003). Imperfect, but something about Ang Lee's treatment really worked for me. It's easy to mark it down in retrospect now that we've been told what a Marvel movie should be, but also lazy. I'm looking forward to seeing your version.

There are several pretty amazing cuts in the beginning that jump out at you. I've seen the preview of this edit. @MatrixMan117 is putting some final touches on it. I can assure you, its awesome! I'm happy because Hulk and Batman are the only superheros that I really like. 😁

Wow, that cut at 00:22...awesome!

I've always loved Hulk (2003). Imperfect, but something about Ang Lee's treatment really worked for me. It's easy to mark it down in retrospect now that we've been told what a Marvel movie should be, but also lazy. I'm looking forward to seeing your version.
The film was never bad. There was just greatness buried underneath some rough patches.

This trailer of the year award winner from the legend himself, @Wraith blew my mind. It says so much in such a short time and makes you want to see the edit.

This awesome trailer was definitely inspired by @Wraith. He played huge part in its creation. It was only bested by @Wraith's own Split Unbreakable Glass trailer last year. Love that @Stromboli Bones pays tribute to the legends who inspired his now legendary edit. The entire presentation is genius.

Last edited:
Here's a few trailers from my good friend. @DonkeyKonga. This is for the new Dark Knight Ascends edit. I think it's kind of haunting how the song lingers in the background.

I've always felt like a good trailer is an indication as to how good an editor is. This is one of my favorites. A little sardonic humour. Donkey really shows his genius here. I don't care that no one else got it. 😉

Last edited:
Here's a couple more from @DonkeyKonga. He made this one so that I would quit pestering him about it. I think he lost a bet or something. Love that he used some of Burning Heart by Vandenberg in it.

I didn't even know about this one. Some friend I am.

It's amazing that this was his first trailer. Awesome tongue-in-cheek humour. It's perfect!

Its hard to believe that @DonkeyKonga has been with us for less than a year and put out so many great edits. You have my respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom