• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Post The Trailer Of Your Amazing Fanedit!

The Gill-man: B+ Movie Edition (an edit of Creature From The Black Lagoon).

(post edited to include most recent version of trailer)

The greatest trailer for the greatest fanedit evar.

/thread
/website 
/internet 
/existence

Neglify said:
The greatest trailer for the greatest fanedit evar.

Unless you made more than one trailer for this edit, it would be by definition both the best and worst trailer for this edit.

well, with episode VIII about to bounce into theaters, it might be time to revisit episode zero:

@"Adabisi" That Reservoir Dogs trailer is fantastic, great song choice and some brilliant little editing choices there... Does it differ at all from the original film other than being in Black and White?

Also is there a completed feature length Dexter edit?  would love to see what you've done with that.. (edit found it!)

Thought that was Jim Carrey in the Oz trailer for a minute! Looks a bit beefier than JC but could be his twin!

Sinbad said:
@"Adabisi" That Reservoir Dogs trailer is fantastic, great song choice and some brilliant little editing choices there... Does it differ at all from the original film other than being in Black and White?

The narrative sequence has changed, some alternate song choices and some deleted footage is included. Saw this not too long ago and very much enjoyed it.

Sounds great I will give it a look, @"Adabisi" Intrigued by the Falling Down trailer too.. one of my favourite films

Sinbad said:

Also is there a completed feature length Dexter edit?  would love to see what you've done with that.. (edit found it!)

Thought that was Jim Carrey in the Oz trailer for a minute! Looks a bit beefier than JC but could be his twin!

Glad you liked it. Ballroom Blitz was Tarantino's first choice for the "ear" scene that he (wisely) changed to Stuck in the Middle. But I thought it would be great for a trailer. Lots of playing around with the timeline and adding deleted scenes in the actual edit, as the other poster mentioned. 

Hope you enjoy the Dexter and Falling down edits too.

Very nice Zarius, that music is very cool sounds kinda familiar, kudos  trailers are really tricky to get right.. you've done yourself proud there :)

Thanks Mr. Bad :)

The music  is lifted from the series ten DW trailer that aired in Australia.

The Incredible Shrinking Man: B+ Movie Edition 

Decided to post it here it's not the best as I did it quickly but it's ok

This is the trailer from my edit Dawn of Justice: a Snyder verse Miniseries
The music used in the trailer is all from BvS: Beautiful Lie, Their War Here, and the Batman Suite.
I wanted to highlight the fact that everything that happens in the series is a consequence of Superman's arrival on earth and how his existence is a potential threat to humanity.
The In The Works thread can be found here:

Last edited:
Terminator: the resistance cut- I wanted to give the audience an extended version of the terminator,
The trailer I made deliberately tells the movie( both audio & visual) a different way thus giving it a different yet fresh take
on a classic. All deleted scenes and an enhanced sound track(both new music and a ton of new sound effects)
were implemented to make this fan-edit my go to version of the terminator.

Project Thread:

click here.

IFDB listing:

click here.

This trailer for my new Halloween fan-edit (Evil Dies Tonight) uses Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider, and has a particular choice of what clips are used. This was done to give it somewhat of the vibe that a lot of A24 trailers have, which helps my edit stand out. The song also fits for the Myers mob, which strengthens the creative choice that @ArtisDead suggested. I think it worked out really well.

Project Thread: https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/halloween-evil-dies-tonight.26363

This trailer for my new Halloween fan-edit (Evil Dies Tonight) uses Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider, and has a particular choice of what clips are used. This was done to give it somewhat of the vibe that a lot of A24 trailers have, which helps my edit stand out. The song also fits for the Myers mob, which strengthens the creative choice that @ArtisDead suggested. I think it worked out really well.

Project Thread: https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/halloween-evil-dies-tonight.26363

So good! I'm actually a "Halloween" neophyte. I haven't seen any of them (I know, for shame), but it's on my short-term bucket list to work through them all. Your trailer is providing a nice push.

Made this for my Mystery Science Theater 3000 remaster. I mixed two versions of the MST crew singing Gyorgy Ligeti's Reqiuem from 2001: A Space Odyseey as I reveal the transition from fullscreen SD to HD widescreen. Clips from the episode are frequently modified for pacing in the trailer, but in my edit not a word of dialogue was removed or altered.

Project thread: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-mst-hd-remaster-project-vol-1-godzilla-vs-the-sea-monster/

Back
Top Bottom