• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wakeupkeo's Justice League

Also, @DirtyCop1036 , just some forewarning notes:

• I agree the shot of the the guy changing into the parademon is awesome, but i am leaving it out so that to avoid any conflicts of morals in killing people who are trapped as parademons rather than look for ways to bring them back. ;)

• And again, in this edit, the Anti-life Equation is in play, albeit more mysterious. But it adds so much to the character arc for Steppenwolf. Not leaning into sequel bait so much, but that there are bigger things in the universe.

• And some greenscreen JWJL shots still are included, as they are needed to tell the story. But I am trying to minimize how bad they look.

• Wind up penguins are still discussed, brunch is not.

Thanks for the positive motivation on this edit!!

Last edited:
I just want to chime and and say how excited I am to see your edit!

I’ve been binge watching other edits of JL, and while they are good, there are parts I’d change or rearrange.

It is amazing seeing the different interpretations, as the characters in this are great!

Hi friends, apologies for the lack of updates, progress has been slower, with FX work being done and some ideas needing to be given up. I'll explain...

My big mental hurdle that has slowed my progress had to do with the Bruce and Barry Introduction scene. The was another case of getting the audio right, then trying to make the visuals work. I had a similar problem in the Victor and Silas intro scene, where I tried to keep the best of the JWSL and the ZSJL but I couldn't keep continuity in regards to the character's position in the room. However, in the Barry/Bruce intro, these guys are in the right place. Specifically, I had removed the brunch lines but was able to keep Barry's remarks about people having a "rhythm" that he couldn't quite get, and that people are slow. (This inability to connect with people is something I struggle with a lot, so this line means a lot to me.) But wow, as much as I tried, and I wasted weeks on this now, I have finally admitted I cannot make the reshot JWJL footage work here. Lighting is just so drastically different, colors, camera angles, and any remedy I tried never was satisfactory enough for me. So I am letting it go. We still get the "railroad" lines from the JWJL Barry in this scene, but Barry's talk about his need for friends is all ZSJL. Bummer, as I feel Barry being slightly on the spectrum is such a great nod.

Other work I spent time on but with more success is some FX work. In this edit, we get some backstory for Barry and Victor from Alfred in the plane briefing with Bruce, so I wanted to remove some exposition from Barry's first chat with his dad. I could have cut broadly and saved myself some work, but I wanted to keep the "exhausted by his son's persistence when he sighs" about why Barry is doing all of that. So I ended up doing some heavy roto work to the one camera shot when Barry explains why he is pursuing Criminal Justice, rotoing his dad from the end of the shot, with Barry from the beginning of the shot. It took quite a bit of work to mask the slight window angle changes but I'm very happy with the result. Its so quick that no one will probably notice anythign was even done, considering the work required. This is such a stupid hobby - I think if all the productive things I could accomplish if I could focus this OCD in other ways. LOL

Other FX work done was a lot of work for a little extra juice. I want to end with Clark in the color suit, but I am unhappy with how short the footage of the shirt rip is in JWJL compared to the ZSJL, with is actually extends a little too long IMO. But in order to have as much footage as possible to start with, I colorized all of the ZSJL final shirt rip footage. I was worried at first that the lack of texture in the yellow parts compared to the rest would make the effort futile, but the more I work, The better it gets, and I'll keep working till it looks perfect on my living room big screen too. Here's the current version:

Other work was on the artwork. I had a week away from the editing computer so I started trying to make a poster from scratch. I cut out my players, but my result felt more like a book cover than the Epic movie poster feel I was looking for.

So I looked to other poster already made. I found this one I liked:
dsOQdZC.jpg

But in my Edit, Clark is not a major player, just a Last Act addition. So I worked on replacing Clark with Steppenwolf, and freshened up Barry and Cyborg. Also, since the Atlantean suits conflict with the future aesthetics of the following Aquaman movie, I didn't want to highlight that.

So with some work, I ended up with this:
q7WL9fB.jpg

As for the progress on the edit, things are again moving along well. I am currently outputting v1.13, which might be the first full rough cut I am willing to share. The first half is pretty solid except for more delicate color work, which I will do after I am happy with everything else. Rough color work has been done for now, and I think its almost watchable. Clocking it at 3hr4min currently.

But I am always making edits at this point. For instance, I was keeping "Hippolyta's whisper just before she shoots the arrow for Diana to come home" in the movie, as it seems that WW3 might make use of that line and Diana holding the arrow and looking across the sea in the final ZSJL shots. But now with the possible news concerning WW3, I'm deciding to just avoid it altogether.

If you are interested in looking at a rough cut and giving feedback on how the second half narrative plays out, PM me. I should have a file in the next couple days, and am still somewhat unsure about a placement of a few of the final scenes. I know after I watch a few times I will have them worked out, but when edits are this long, reviews take even longer for me, and outside input is always welcome.

Anyways, thanks for reading. And for those reaching out through PM to check on my progress, thank you. A few times I wonder why I am wasting so much time on yet another JL edit, but your are motivation to complete my vision, and that at least a few people will enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I edit these movies for myself, but I like to think that if I like them, others will too.

Last edited:
Nice recoloring in shirt-rip scene, I hope it won't be shifting AR in final version though.

Last edited:
Thanks!! Lol , yes the ww3 cancellation is the reason for the edit change I made today.

And quick question, what is “shifting AR”? I want to fine tune it a little more but I don’t plan to use the final few frames of the shirt rip.

Last edited:
Changing Aspect Ratio. You have shot in 4:3 followed by another shot in 16:9.

Ah, yes. The suit reveal will get resized to 1920x1080, just posted the raw fx footage and added the JWJL flight shot. Will all be proper AR in the final, which will be the full 1920x1080

1920 x 1080 may contain any AR, so that's not really an answer to the question asked :)
I just want to know what is AR chosen for this project. What exactly do you mean by "resized" ?

I’m shrinking 4K ZSJL footage and filling the full 1920x1080 for the final, is that what you mean? No black bars. 😁

Ok, so I understand it will be cropped to full frame in 1.78:1 AR which means that the video above isn't final in the AR department. That's what I wanted to hear.

Exactly right. And thanks for checking, the video can be confusing lol

Welcome back chief!

Sad you couldn't find a way to keep Barry's feelings about how slow other people are, but the reshoots are so obviously different, it can't work without looking weird visually speaking.

That color correction FX looks so gorgeous! That's a beautiful shade of blue you have chosen.

I don't think WW3 was canceled, The Wrap and Deadline said that Patty Jenkins's script was disliked by the executives, who told her to write a new one, but that was against her perception of Wonder Woman's arc, so she chose to leave.

The poster is cool!

I don't think WW3 was canceled, The Wrap and Deadline said that Patty Jenkins's script was disliked by the executives, who told her to write a new one, but that was against her perception of Wonder Woman's arc, so she chose to leave.

Ha ha I really hate that all my newsfeeds know I like DC and i know the day by day gossip on all this crap. Of course I would like the DCU to continue, keeping my edits relevant, but I have to edit almost every DC movie, so I think I'd rather just get great movies the first time. Patty utterly failed me on WW84, so I'm glad the got pushback from De Luca and Abdy. Character arc only matters when the rest of the movie is solid and people can focus on it. But there were so many basic problems.... anyways - I'm hoping for Gadot to remain but Patty can bail.

I'd rather just get great movies the first time.
That will make things so much easier for everyone indeed.
Patty utterly failed me on WW84.
Tbh, I wonder how the movie would've been received if the official cut of WW84 looked more like The Excellent Adventure (same goes with SSQ, BOP and BvS). Just some random thoughts that pop up in my mind sometimes.

Last edited:
Just adding more 80s music would have gone a long way, I'm guessing she didn't want to seem too much like she was copying GotG, ironic that now she ultimately has to answer to Gunn LOL

More samples!

Here's what my final Clark color suit reveal will look like:

Here is the current tentative rescoring for the Clark black suit reveal:

And the first Black Suit reveal with Barry:

For simplicity, I wanted to remove the outside guard when the black hat terrorists arrive:

And then to speed things up, I changed the ZSJL footage of the bomb starting to 20sec:

And finally with the Burglar and Batman scene, I wanted to end on "A scout" line, not the burglar's reply. So here we remove the audio and remove his mouth moving so he just continues to look up:

The Black suit reveal is incredible. Out of curiosity, why change the timer of the bomb to 20sec?

Mainly to cut any fat I could and to increase tension, without sacrificing story. Rather than first seeing Diana not overlooking the scene, it’s now when interrogating the henchman, which is also tightened. He doesn’t say “it’s too late” and the bomb only starts right before she enters the room. Overall the whole scene keeps all the ZSJL goodness but with JWJL efficiency.

While I’m not editing with the purpose of a theatrical runtime on this version, I’m still trimming any fat i see.

Playng with my end credit scenes and final music.

I do want to end on a more classic and optimistic note than the Knightmare ending that I'm cutting. I love the Super friends song and wanted to insert it somehow into the movie, and I finally figured out where.

With a just Lex's escape shown, leading into an adjusted radio call for help, into the super friends theme feels appropriate and classic. Then we end on a highly trimmed Flash vs Clark scene that tries to minimize visuals of Clark's face, and removed the Brunch reference, but keeps the fun and optimistic tone that highlights the growth from Zack Snyder's dark DC, back in line with more classic age versions of confident heroes in the world.

I'll be the first to admit this credit scroll might be a bit fast, so I'm also looking for another classic song to follow the super friends theme. Still classic vibes, but maybe a more slow one. Open to suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom