• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor : Love plus Thunder minus Comedy

I had a thought about the Zeus deleted scene. Nothing too major. It's just if you wanted to add some colour grading. Some increased saturation or contrast to make the shot less raw and more cinematic, if you know what I mean. That's entirely up to you. Other than that, the fanedit looks fantastic. The flashback with Jane's ambiguous past works well with black and white (and red) effect. I wouldn't add it for the intro since it would look bleak. But I had another idea, how about as the intro plays, the shots look more grayscale. Showing how much Thor has lost and how he's feeling lost and alone with no purpose after Thanos' death and restoring half of the universe. It's up to you, but it's what came to my mind as I was looking into this thread.

I had a thought about the Zeus deleted scene. Nothing too major. It's just if you wanted to add some colour grading. Some increased saturation or contrast to make the shot less raw and more cinematic, if you know what I mean. That's entirely up to you. Other than that, the fanedit looks fantastic. The flashback with Jane's ambiguous past works well with black and white (and red) effect. I wouldn't add it for the intro since it would look bleak. But I had another idea, how about as the intro plays, the shots look more grayscale. Showing how much Thor has lost and how he's feeling lost and alone with no purpose after Thanos' death and restoring half of the universe. It's up to you, but it's what came to my mind as I was looking into this thread.
Yeah that sounds good. it could be good to do a bit of grading to suggest things. If memories are most less saturated, then the higher saturation and contrast gives a very different message. if I have Thor's memory sequence changing saturation, it might be good but It might be good to play with it and have it in some kind of duotone or something. After All, Waititi has already done fantastic work with monotone with selective colour, it does realy support it. in a way, it makes astatement about where Gorr lives. it makes a suggestion that Gorr lives very much in his sad memories.

top is current grading.
i4lxK71.png

I had some good suggestions on some additions and subtractions for the clips in the intro. In the end though this is what I'm going with. The suggestion of adding a clip of Thor at Tony's funeral was agood one, but the shot has Thor very small and a lot of recognisable faces, which would have become a distraction. I actually think the shot of Thor Lebowski is poignant as it shows how much he has given up. even if some people will find it comedic, I think that sort of fits with how Thor uses comedy to try and hide his pain. There was also a great suggestion to replace Jane slapping him, with a breakup scene from the removed relationship sequence. This would serve the purpose of drawing a line under their relationship in that sequence but I realised I actually like the ambiguity. Especially removing the slap actually improves it because the last view of Jane is her effected by the Aether. it's a kind of a blue questionmark. I used blue accents then for the following clips to give a poetic tongue in cheek contrast to the aether. The suggestion to include Mjolnir's destruction was also very good and I think it helps.

Good to see you back! Expect a PM from me with a few notes about the workprint soon.

I must say, I was a bit surprised that you left in the whole bit of Zeus "juggling" Thunderbolt. I found it to be too over the top. Yes, Zeus is a flashy and showy god, but the goals of this edit being the toning down of comedy... here's how I would have solved the scene FYC (and for anyone else to chime in if they wish, hence why I'm posting it publicly):

Good to see you back! Expect a PM from me with a few notes about the workprint soon.

I must say, I was a bit surprised that you left in the whole bit of Zeus "juggling" Thunderbolt. I found it to be too over the top. Yes, Zeus is a flashy and showy god, but the goals of this edit being the toning down of comedy... here's how I would have solved the scene FYC (and for anyone else to chime in if they wish, hence why I'm posting it publicly):

I tried so many permutations of this and got rather disillusioned with it thinking it would never work! such a simple solution, and totally minimal.
I'll fix this in my edit now!! thanks!!

Great idea. I'll try it now.

I want to say, I'm sad to lose Zeus' tricks with thunderbolt.. The more I watch him, the more I love Russel Crowe's performance XD
Ah well it is necessary though.

This is working really great! I think I'd try removing those last piano notes after Starlord says "Thor!", as if his voice has broken Thor's "trance", and see how it plays.
Okay, it's certainly interesting but it feels like a fourth wall break and sort of comedic.

I want to say, I'm sad to lose Zeus' tricks with thunderbolt.. The more I watch him, the more I love Russel Crowe's performance XD
Ah well it is necessary though.
Personal preference always comes first. If you like it, keep it. :)
Okay, it's certainly interesting but it feels like a fourth wall break and sort of comedic.
I think it works well, don't find it comedic at all. Let's see what other people think.

I had to do some music layering for this transition as the official music rises into another crescendo.
I think it's passable.

Let's get this out right off the bat. Thank you, tremault, for leaving Korg dead in this version.

I don't get why Marvel are so afraid of introducing long-lasting stakes. They always find a way to retreat into their safe space. They did it in WandaVision by bringing Vision back, then they did it in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier with John Walker's half-arsed redemption, then they did it with Korg in this movie, then they did it in She-Hulk with Bruce's arm being conveniently healed.

What next? 🙄

There's one other suggestion. It kinda ticks me in the original (as was everything else in the movie). When Korg dies, Taika's obvious ADR can be heard when he says "Thor...I'm perishing.". You can see his mouth moving, but not when he says "I'm perishing". Perhaps his last word of this edit would be "Thor...". It would make his death less comedic and more dramatic.

There's one other suggestion. It kinda ticks me in the original (as was everything else in the movie). When Korg dies, Taika's obvious ADR can be heard when he says "Thor...I'm perishing.". You can see his mouth moving, but not when he says "I'm perishing". Perhaps his last word of this edit would be "Thor...". It would make his death less comedic and more dramatic.
what do you mean when you say ADR?

Yeah, I can probably remove that.

I meant Taika's voiceover. Audio replacement. It feels phoned in imo.
ah yes. I did feel a little bugged by that line tbh but I never knew what he was saying.
This will be my last change before I do a full quality final render. subtitles are done. I should start looking at submitting it to the database.

ah yes. I did feel a little bugged by that line tbh but I never knew what he was saying.
This will be my last change before I do a full quality final render. subtitles are done. I should start looking at submitting it to the database.
Perfect. We're happy to have given you suggestions for this movie.

Full edit list:

• New intro music that continues throughout Thor's history montage
  • No Korg story time, no Korg narration
  • Baby Thor replaced with kid Thor from first film
  • Pirate girl and wolf girl removed
  • replaced Jane slap with Jane Aether
  • replaced Frigga funeral with Odin finding her dead
  • inserted Mjolnir destroyed
  • replaced multiple Loki death with just the one
  • inserted clip of Thor's emotional scene with Rocket from infinity war
  • colour graded entire intro
  • removed Thor riding Stormbreaker like a broom
  • removed 'split kick' between the two bikes and kicking larger vehicle
  • removed temple collapsing
  • removed Jane MRI, Jane chemo, Jane lab, intro to New Asgard, Jane at New Asgard. (we will first see Jane as Mighty Thor)
  • removed goat introduction scene outside ship, and goats inside ship
  • cut out portions of Quill and Thor's conversation where Thor mentions being dumped and the handshake bit and Thor gazing at Quill like an idiot
  • removed goat screams from bifrost (and most bits henceforth)
  • cut everything about Sif's arm.
  • removed Thor desperately trying to grab Mjolnir in New Asgard attack.
  • removed Thor making his helmet 'grow'.
  • removed entire Thor x Jane flashback
  • removed the aftermath of Gorr's attack which consists of Thor and Jane bickering
  • removed actors from town hall scene, references to Jodie Foster, Thor trying to summon Mjolnir, Stormbreaker having sentience
  • removed Thor's speech that essentially undermines Valkyrie, Miek using chalkboard, Thor crashing through roof into monument
  • removed all references to Axl's name change
  • removed Axl dismissing Thor, and Thor's 'team' obsession
  • removed rambling dialogue "are you thinking", Thor's obsession with 'a team', Stormbreaker 'rebelling' and being 'janky'
  • removed Thor trash talking Mjolnir outside on the barrel, Stormbreaker turning up on it's own after Jane leaves
  • replaced Jane's mom's sick scene with flashback of Jane examining blood and Eric Selvig giving his condolences, colour graded to accentuate the red
  • removed hand grenade speaker
  • reduced Thor's speech to remove the cringe
  • removed reference to Thor rollerblading
  • removed god of dumplings, head and feet god, Thor chanting Zeus and fanboying.
  • removed Zeus' reference to 'orgies'. Thor's struggle to get to the stage, Zeus talking about orgies.
  • removed Girls fainting at Thor's nudity, tattoos on Thor's back, his friends objectifying him
  • replaced Zeus whispering to Thor with deleted scene of Zeus teaching Thor how to use Thunderbolt, framed as a psychic projection
  • removed the 'disappointment' when Zeus restores Thor's clothing
  • removed Zeus doing tricks with Thunderbolt
  • removed Zeus saying they know where omnipotent city is so they can't leave
  • removed Thor's quip "that is the sound of lightning" and jubilant fanfare, added November Rain by Guns N Roses, no Sweet Child of Mine
  • complex edit of : Korg is dead, does not whistle for goats, goats do not come to rescue, it is no longer clear where boat is when they land on it
  • removed all references to Valkyrie tickling Thor's nose
  • vigorous edit of boat scene to remove Korg's dialogue and 'jealous Stormbreaker'
  • removed Thor talking to Stormbreaker and pouring beer on it. Jane follows him out immediately
  • removed Korg singing and chatting with Val
  • Cut down final shots of Val inside boat and froze Korg's face with SFX work
  • removed all Thor's childish quips from the confrontation with Gorr.
  • removed shot of boat plus Korg plus goats during the battle with the shadows.
  • reduced Thor fighting with vending machine and his flippant remarks "pick up the kids"
  • removed Thor making light of Val's injuries
  • removed Gorr allowing statue to fall onto kids repurposed some shots to instead show Gorr sneering at Thor arriving, using a point of view shot
  • removed Thor saying "they're behind me aren't they"
  • altered Thor giving kids power, used a line from Zeus teaching Thor how Thunderbolt can be imbued into anything, downplaying any suggestion that Thor is on the level of Odin yet
  • reframed Jane sitting up in the hospital bed so that Mjolnir is not visible because Mjolnir is not a person
  • removed Thor talking to Stormbreaker like it's a person
  • removed outro scene narrated by Korg and showing Thor being domestic, film ends on The death of Jane and Gorr and the meeting of Thor and Love
  • replaced Sweet Child of Mine with Remember me by Journey
  • completely remade animated end credits to make the lettering more consistent and easier to read
  • edits to credits roll to add special thanks and change music credits.

and of course, thank you all for your valuable input ^^
This project wouldn't be what it is without your help!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom