• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The DC Extended Universe Thread

Still hoping they will cancel that movie or change the director.
Dont want to see Reeves anywhere near Batman or any other franchise that I enjoy. Only thing that he does is aping his favorite movies in dumb manner.

Last edited:
Still hoping they will cancel that movie or change the director.
Dont want to see Reeves anywhere near Batman or any other franchise that I enjoy. Only thing that he does is aping his favorite movies in removed by mod manner.

The Batman was clearly a Se7en ripp-off, with bits of Saw as garnish. Greg Fraser's photography was absolutely gorgeous tho imo. I believe Reeves was given the keys to the Batman mythos à la Nolan, he's not gonna drop the ball anytime soon, Jeez, when The Batman 2 comes out, the guy's gonna be working exclusively on Batman for 9 years (since 2017!). This makes me wonder, I don't think The BatmanVerse's gonna be a trilogy, I believe they're gonna settle for a duology, with The Penguin serving as a link between the two main stories. So it can leave room for the DCU Batman.

That being said, I do hope they'll let go of Andy Muschietti at the helm of The Brave & The Bold, and call in Sam Raimi to work his magic.

Can you elaborate on that?
As much as I would like that, it seems kinda unlikely to me.

Shades of the continuity issues that plagued DC Comics Post-Crisis and Nu52.....

DC can’t ever commit to a full reboot in the comics no matter how many times they announce a line wide reboot. This is the most comic accurate move a cinematic universe could make.

First images of The Engineer (The Authority) from the set of Superman.

GIukCGOXAAAMr2G
GIuivo_WcAA6bnF

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a more comic-accurate and practical look with silver body painting like Mystique.

DC-Comics-The-Engineer.jpg

So far we have :

6 DCU films: Superman, Supergirl, The Authority, The Brave & Bold, Swamp Thing and Teen Titans

7 DCU series: Peacemaker S02, Waller, Creature Commandos, Paradise Lost, Booster Gold, Arkham Asylum and Lanterns

How many of these are effectively going to get made? Only time will tell.

The fact, that they announced so much tells us one thing - they're rushing it, and it makes no sense to do that. Not now.
Not to mention that most of announced titles seem kinda pointless, I may check out Superman, maybe Batman and nothing else from that list - Green Lantern is something that should be theatrical movie, but they failed once and now they are afraid to try again.

This doesnt look like anything I would do in place of Gunn and I really think they will fail miserably.

But hey, I have a handful of DCEU movies on my shelf, add to that some older Batman movies and I am perfectly happy with it. Dont really need anything more in DC-department, so if they fail - I dont care.

Last edited:
The fact, that they announced so much tells us one thing - they're rushing it, and it makes no sense to do that. Not now.

This doesnt look like anything I would do in place of Gunn and I think they will fail miserably.
Chuck Dixon said something along these lines, like they're throwing random stuff on a wall hoping something would stick with audiences. Obviously, I'm not in the backstages, I don't know the overall plan, If there is any, but from what I see with this slate, this looks very unfocused.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested in some of these projects, I'm taking anything Superman-related, no matter what. Lanterns sounds promising, a show à la True Detective where our protagonists are investigating a Lovecraftian cosmic horror, sign me in! James Mangold's Swamp Thing is also very interesting, we know already it's gonna be an R-rated horror flick, and I hope it's gonna involve John Constantine in some way. The rest, well I don't know, depends on the development and first looks I guess.

Colin Farrell was my favorite part about The Batman, so I'll be watching, plus, it looks kinda cool, I dig mob stories, huge Sopranos fan here.

I liked the first movie, but I'm not fan of this version of the character. It looks like a decent sequel, wait and see.

The first Joker movie did nothing for me, thus I doubt I will see the sequel in theatres.

For me, trying to ground the Joker mythos in real mental illness, to “explain” him, makes him less interesting or scary.

For me, trying to ground the Joker mythos in real mental illness, to “explain” him, makes him less interesting or scary.

That's an issue that started with the '89 movie and then Mask of Phantasm. You'd believe WB would've guessed that Joker works better as a mysterious foe since TDK, but no, the villain's backstory has to be explained, he has to be likable enough. I hate this trend of turning pure malicious villains into heroes or anti-heroes. They also did it with the entire roster of the two Suicide Squad movies, Black Adam, Venom, Morbius, Kraven soon. Let villains be villains for crying out loud!

That's an issue that started with the '89 movie and then Mask of Phantasm. You'd believe WB would've guessed that Joker works better as a mysterious foe since TDK, but no, the villain's backstory has to be explained, he has to be likable enough. I hate this trend of turning pure malicious villains into heroes or anti-heroes. They also did it with the entire roster of the two Suicide Squad movies, Black Adam, Venom, Morbius, Kraven soon. Let villains be villains for crying out loud!
To be fair, in regards to Black Adam, DC Comics turned him into a quasi anti-hero in the pages of 52 and the JSA over 20 years ago. Geoff Johns added many complex and tragic elements to his character and origin that I actually enjoyed. He gave Adam a Magneto/Namor quality. So in some respects, the recent movie was quite faithful.

I see what you mean, buuut I still feel like Mask of the Phantasm showed just enough to be intriguing, without getting too deep into specifics of Joker's origin stuff.

Back
Top Bottom