• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The DC Extended Universe Thread

Walking Glancing GIF

Hhhmmmm…. It is a rather coy shot, showing but not really showing the full suit. The extra detailing, cape and collar area, reminds me of the awful New52 suit, I don’t know why that is all needed? But I like the Shield and do I see the hint of trunks?

But the real test will be seeing it more fully and clearly in action.

Further thoughts…

Whatever happened to good old spandex? Loll

I don’t understand the logic of studios spending all this time and money transforming their super hero lead actors into jacked, ultra ripped, steroid monsters, only to stuff them into to a thick rubber suit with fake muscles built into it?

Last edited:
That's the first thing that came to my mind, they adapted the godawful New52 suit. I don't like it, it's baggy around the shoulders, the collar is no-no, and it's way too over-designed with these MCUish lines on the sleeves. The crest looks fine.

I see people comparing to a CW suit, which is shameful, the Superman & Lois show has some great suits, specially the one from S03.

Also, I don't think having the trunk on such a "tactical/militaristic" looking suit is a good idea, risks of it looking goofy.

Further thoughts…

Whatever happened to good old spandex? Loll

I don’t understand the logic of studios spending all this time and money transforming their super hero lead actors into jacked, ultra ripped steroid monsters, only to stuff them into to a thick rubber suit with fake muscles built into it?

That's why the Black Adam suit was such magnificent, pure Rock.

Even further thoughts ....

It is not a very heroic picture. Considering the apparent crisis outside his window, Kal-el does not look very concerned or even motivated. For a first time reveal, it is a very odd moment to promote. It certainly does not scream "SUPERMAN" to my eye.

What is Mr. Gunn trying to say about his movie and his interpretation of this classic hero with this picture? He has certainly succeeded in making me very curious! Lol

Last edited:
Even further thoughts ....

It is not a very heroic picture. Considering the apparent crisis outside his window, Kal-el does not look very concerned or even motivated. For a first time reveal, it is a very odd moment to promote. It certainly does not scream "SUPERMAN" to my eye.
Damn! That's spot on! He does look like he's having a "so tired of this sh*it" kinda moment, lol.
What is Mr. Gunn trying to say about his movie and his interpretation of this classic hero with this picture? He has certainly succeeded in making me very curious! Lol
The color scheme of the laser beam makes me wonder if Gunn's trying to tell us the villain identity, purple and green, that's either Brainiac or.... Barney the dinosaur 🤓

Last edited:
or.... Barney the dinosaur 🤓
I would actually pay to see that! LOL
Or at the very least, Titano!

I was thinking more about the apparent Nu52 suit.... and this is purely unsupported speculation... but Gunn is clever a writer, and he is very aware of the intense spotlight and divisiveness on his relaunch.... I would not put it pass him to do something very Meta by having Superman in one style of suit at the beginning of the movie and through his hero's journey, transition to another (maybe more classic style) suit at the end.

Back
Top Bottom