• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dawn-of-justice-poster-jpg.1731

After seeing Zack Snyder’s Justice League, I was inspired to re-edit Batman V Superman into 7 parts, titling each one from a line of dialog said during the film, ala JL.
One of my complaints for BVS was how the first half largely feels like a movie filled with “moments.” Character introduction after character introduction, moment after moment that rarely built on the previous scene.

My edit leaves almost nothing on the cutting room floor, using the entirety of the Ultimate Edition, with the exception of just a couple of lines I found cringy. The main thing I did was streamline the story and the many subplots by making each “Part” a more focused chapter.

Chapter titles...

• Prologue [10 min] (the climax of Man of Steel from Bruce Wayne’s perspective)
  • Part 1: 18 Months Later [20 min]
  • Part 2: Stand For Something [17 min]
  • Part 3: Knowledge Is Power [23 min]
  • Part 4: What Promises Are Worth [20 min]
  • Part 5: The Future of The World [18 min]
  • Part 6: God Vs Man [30 min]
  • Part 7: Doomsday [35 min]
  • During Credits - Lex Corps drive reveals The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg. [98 seconds]
  • Post Credits Scene - The Flash gives Bruce a warning from the future. Bruce wakes up startled. [44 seconds]
Final Runtime: 2 hours 59 minutes

I picked chapter titles that I felt fit each part of the story, rearranging scenes a bit to draw parallels between thematic beats in each subplot.
I couldn’t be more pleased with how the whole thing turned out! Personally I think it’s now much more digestible and serves as the perfect lead in for Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

One of the more active changes that I made were some adjustments to Lex Luthor. I cut several moments awkward stammering and even adjusted the pitch of a few lines to remove what I have come to call Jessie Eisenberg's "squeaky voice". His take on Lex isn't great, but ultimately I have come to recognize that he adds an energy to the movie. If he was too serious and stern, the overall film would have felt even more bleak than it already was.

Last edited:
lvtXeRU.jpg
Quick mock up of a poster with chapter titles
(I'm still learning how to imbed images in the comment)
*Edit: I have been educated! Thank you Malthus

Last edited:
For the record:
  1. Open image in a new tab or send it to discord
  2. Copy image URL
  3. Click the little image tab above
  4. Paste in the URL
  5. Click insert
  6. Profit
lvtXeRU_d.webp

I'm going to share some clips from this soon! It's a pretty simple edit in that all I did was rearrange scenes to make each chapter flow and feel more cohesive. My favorite is probably the beginning of Part 3, which leads into the Knightmare Sequence - something I've always found jarring in the theatrical cut.

HELLO! I'm requesting viewers on this project! I'm having a very hard time finding anything that could be used as a clip, since so much of my edit is simply shuffling scenes around to create a better flow. I could maybe share some side by sides of my Lex Luthor dialog edits, but it's just a few lines.

My edit, Suicide Squad: Made To Fail is officially out! It was not my plan to release that before Dawn of Justice, as these two edits are practically companion pieces. However, it just so happened that way. Now, the real question is if I should wait until next month to release Dawn of Justice or if I should just release it next week to coincide with the premiere of The Flash in theaters.

Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive! Thank you to those that have watched.

My edit, Suicide Squad: Made To Fail is officially out! It was not my plan to release that before Dawn of Justice, as these two edits are practically companion pieces. However, it just so happened that way. Now, the real question is if I should wait until next month to release Dawn of Justice or if I should just release it next week to coincide with the premiere of The Flash in theaters.

Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive! Thank you to those that have watched.
Your choice of course. The one possible downside of releasing it next week is that if you release more than one edit in the same month, only one of them (the one of your choice) will be running for FEOTM.

Back
Top Bottom